Author Topic: training and supplements on an empty stomach?  (Read 876 times)

ryu007

• Getbig II
training and supplements on an empty stomach?
« on: April 25, 2007, 11:07:34 AM »
This is a two part question: 1) how long after you eat should you begin a training session? 1 hour? 2 hours? I understand things like what you eat and how much you eat is a factor. And 2) supplements like N.O. Xplode tell you to take it on an empty stomach (the label literally reads: 2 hours after a meal, or 1 hour after a protein shake) which makes me wonder: Should I be working out on an empty stomach? I was always under the impression that if you're hungry, you've already waited too long, and that will hinder your training. I already have to consume 3,400 calories a day, more than a couple of hours between meals would be killing me! What's the deal?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: training and supplements on an empty stomach?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 02:36:22 PM »
Question 1: It depends on you & your tolerance. I know guys who can eat a gient meal & go train "balls to the wall" & then I know others who can't train unless it's been three hours since they've eaten. I personally like to eat light about ninety minutes before I train (sometimes longer if I have a larger breakfast). That's what I've found works for me. Experiment a little.

Mike

• Getbig IV
Re: training and supplements on an empty stomach?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 12:55:31 PM »
This is a two part question: 1) how long after you eat should you begin a training session? 1 hour? 2 hours? I understand things like what you eat and how much you eat is a factor. And 2) supplements like N.O. Xplode tell you to take it on an empty stomach (the label literally reads: 2 hours after a meal, or 1 hour after a protein shake) which makes me wonder: Should I be working out on an empty stomach? I was always under the impression that if you're hungry, you've already waited too long, and that will hinder your training. I already have to consume 3,400 calories a day, more than a couple of hours between meals would be killing me! What's the deal?

2)  You should never weight train on an empty stomach unless you are really trying to cut weight, I'd only do light cardio that way.  Take the NO Xplode then train...simple.