Author Topic: Olive Oil  (Read 5733 times)

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
Re: Olive Oil
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2007, 11:20:33 PM »
yeah but the thing is that you dont get the healt benefits of the olive oil if it's regular compared to extra virgin....

Cold-pressed, unfiltered organic olive oil is a good source of monounsaturated oleic acid and may be used for cooking at moderate temps.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2007, 04:01:11 AM »
   I never said that they just evolved alone on Saturated Fat!! I am saying that  HEALTHY saturated fats are not bad!! As for consuming ratios, look at the Eskimos and Native American Indians, they were nomads and consumed mostly meats and fats. Eskimos diet alone before the white man came into their land was 90% meats and fats.

Before the White Man came, the average life expectancy of the Eskimos was 27 years! Not only that, they suffered from very high rates of scurvy and vitamin A deficiency. They had better health than the average North American, granted, but that's not saying much!

Then you have the Honzu Indians in India where their diet was mostly vegetables and very little meat because of the availability. Read Dr. Weston Price's Book called " Nutrition and Physical Degeneration."

What are you talking about? The Honzu have outstnading health: some of them play Polo at the age of 80! In general, vegetarians do have better health than carnivores, although a vegetarian diet is not ideal for Human Beings.

Yes, you are correct that our food is not the same as it was 100 years ago or even 40 years ago.It is the ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 in our diets that is important. Early studies on traditional, healthy hunter-gather societies show that they ate a ratio of somewhere between 1:1 and 1:4, omega-3: omega-6 fatty acids. However the ratio in the Standard American Diet (SAD indeed!) is between 1:16 to 1:30. It is no coincidence that the fatty acid ratio of commercially-raised eggs is between 1:20 and 1:30, and the ratio in commercially-farmed fish and commercially-raised meat fed a high grain diet is also close to this. So we are eating a diet high in inflammation-causing omega-6 fatty acids, and anti-inflammation drugs are some of the biggest sellers in the world! Another coincidence? I think not! Research also shows that wild game meat contains omega-3: omega-6 FA ratios of around 1:3 to 1:4 in muscle and organs and 1:1 in the brain. Traditional hunter-gatherers enjoy eating the organs and brains of wild animals; meats rich in omega-3 FA. So the way we are commercially raising animals for meat today has completely changed the profile of the omega FA in the meat, and is adversely affecting our health.

You have just repeated everything I said with different words. What's your point ??? Like I said, saying that because Paleolithic Man ate lots of game meat and had little artherosclerosis is not a solid argument in favor of saturated fats, because the meat they ate was much healthier than the one we eat and they had an active lifestyle.

The whole point of this is to state that we need saturated fats to survive, regardless the ratio. For me, I need a large percentage of  protein and fats because of my Metabolic Type.
Consume healthy fats like Coconut Oil, raw butter, palm oil, Cold-pressed, unfiltered organic olive oil, Flax seed oil, Ghee (clarified butter) , Meats & Eggs from free range, organic sources.

I disagree with you. A point can be made that some saturated fatty acids might be necessary, ingesting foods that are rich in saturated fats is not. Vegetarians eat close to nil saturated fats, and although they don't posses absolute optimum health, it is usuaqlly much better than that of meat eaters.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2007, 08:37:51 AM »
 ;D