Author Topic: Global Warming gag order!  (Read 6035 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Re: Global Warming gag order!
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2007, 01:24:07 PM »
personally I am all about free speach and don't think it is right for the government to censor....but we have seen what one guy can do with the correct words. Hitler for one

You're right and your analogy comparing Hitler to a modern day Scientist studying Global Warming is a good one. Perhaps for an encore you can compare a scientist studying cancer with Mussolini.

The gag order is more proof of this administrations controlling rule, they quite simply have no problem lessening our freedoms.

The funny thing is that Republicans are supposed to champion the concept of less governmental control not more.

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2007, 01:40:12 PM »
You're right and your analogy comparing Hitler to a modern day Scientist studying Global Warming is a good one. Perhaps for an encore you can compare a scientist studying cancer with Mussolini.

The gag order is more proof of this administrations controlling rule, they quite simply have no problem lessening our freedoms.

The funny thing is that Republicans are supposed to champion the concept of less governmental control not more.

Hitler gained power in Germany using propaganda and charismatic oratory, he appealed to the economic needs of the lower and middle classes.

If you don't think that a scientist could come along that could appeal to the right sect of society and cause major problems here in the US you are very mistaken.

Explain how this administration has affected your freedom of speach.

I wonder if you were as much in shock when the Democrats forbade the term "Global War on Terrorism"

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2007, 01:42:22 PM »

Yet you wont see one of them arguing against this nonsense. If they do say something it'll be along the lines of "Oh but those scientists are liars and global warming is a myth you crazy libs."

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2007, 01:47:38 PM »
Hitler gained power in Germany using propaganda and charismatic oratory, he appealed to the economic needs of the lower and middle classes.

If you don't think that a scientist could come along that could appeal to the right sect of society and cause major problems here in the US you are very mistaken.

Explain how this administration has affected your freedom of speach.

I wonder if you were as much in shock when the Democrats forbade the term "Global War on Terrorism"

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a

Wow, that was funny.

Bwaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sorry, couldn't stop laughing.

I'm guessing Rush is your Messiah. Perhaps you, Mr. Hate and that old rooster guy can get together and bounce ideas off each other.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaahhhaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Sorry again but the Hitler analogy just cracks me up.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2007, 01:49:36 PM »

What kind of problems would they cause?  ;D

Would they monger fear in the hopes of putting republicans into concentration camps?  ;D

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2007, 01:51:06 PM »
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Wow, that was funny.

Bwaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sorry, couldn't stop laughing.

I'm guessing Rush is your Messiah. Perhaps you, Mr. Hate and that old rooster guy can get together and bounce ideas off each other.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaahhhaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Sorry again but the Hitler analogy just cracks me up.

Never listen to Rush, I am sorry you are so small minded though. When we don't have cars, lightbulbs, TP, BBQs etc and the nation is rioting just remember the words of the one or 2 kooks that got this whole thing started.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2007, 01:53:35 PM »
Never listen to Rush, I am sorry you are so small minded though. When we don't have cars, lightbulbs, TP, BBQs etc and the nation is rioting just remember the words of the one or 2 kooks that got this whole thing started.

You got it, when the US is in the throws of anarchy I'll be sure to give you credit for your Hitler/Global Warming Scientist analogy.   ;D

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2007, 01:54:33 PM »
What kind of problems would they cause?  ;D

Would they monger fear in the hopes of putting republicans into concentration camps?  ;D

wow, you guys are quick to throw around labels on this board. I guess since I don't feel global warming is man made that makes me a GOPer? When they convince enough people that we need to give up common everyday items based on propoganda maybe you will come around. No more flying, lights, BBQs, cars, home heating oil etc.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2007, 02:07:17 PM »
wow, you guys are quick to throw around labels on this board. I guess since I don't feel global warming is man made that makes me a GOPer? When they convince enough people that we need to give up common everyday items based on propoganda maybe you will come around. No more flying, lights, BBQs, cars, home heating oil etc.

They're not asking people to give up anything. Banning incadescent light bulbs is not a big deal.  ::

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2007, 02:20:35 PM »
They're not asking people to give up anything. Banning incadescent light bulbs is not a big deal.  ::

I think you need to read more. They want charcoal briquets gone, propane use gone, toilet paper use reduced, cars gone, planes, trains. They don't mention that alot in public forums but look a little further and think about what all the restrictions really mean.

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2007, 02:44:28 PM »
I guess none of you guys live in NYC? The mayor wants to charge $8 for every car that crosses into city limits. Tell me this global warming stuff won't have a negative effect on the population.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2007, 02:52:11 PM »
toilet paper use reduced,

wth is up with that? Talk about a step backwards in sanitation, and preventative disease. morons

i heard sherly crow now only uses 1 square of tp to clean her ass, 1 square people 3 inches by 3 inches1 ploy haha

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2007, 03:52:01 PM »
wth is up with that? Talk about a step backwards in sanitation, and preventative disease. morons

i heard sherly crow now only uses 1 square of tp to clean her ass, 1 square people 3 inches by 3 inches1 ploy haha

Sorry to say but that is only the beginning

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2007, 03:59:24 PM »
i am not sure we can compare a phd with an opinion on global warming with a tyrant who killed millions.

And I think global warming is way overblown by a bunch of drama queens.

but censoring the scientists will only fuel doubt, ruin white house credibility, and stop whistleblowers when something really bad is being covered up by the white house.  And we do know they do it. 

Way overblown by a bunch of drama queens?

Frankly, I don't see this.

Most of what I see in the media, is politicians and scientists stating that it may not be as bad as SOME say, but that we need to do something about the problems that lies ahead.

Or something similar.

Or what's your general impression?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2007, 04:41:25 PM »
You mean it only needs 15-20 years then right?

(Psst... I hear she's old)

You heard wrong.  >:(
w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2007, 04:57:09 PM »

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2007, 05:13:53 PM »
I guess none of you guys live in NYC? The mayor wants to charge $8 for every car that crosses into city limits. Tell me this global warming stuff won't have a negative effect on the population.

I do... That's out of line. They've also banned trans fats at resteraunts.

I think the $8 doesn't apply to cabbies and downtown residents, but it's still a fucking stupid idea. New Yorkers pay too much in taxes as it is...

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2007, 06:40:33 PM »
I do... That's out of line. They've also banned trans fats at resteraunts.

I think the $8 doesn't apply to cabbies and downtown residents, but it's still a fucking stupid idea. New Yorkers pay too much in taxes as it is...

The trans fat ban is idiotic. I mean honestly we are all adults correct? I know what trans fats will do to me. I hate big government

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2007, 09:48:46 PM »
I think the repubs say "we know it's safe and it's not our fault" and it makes them morons.

I think dems say "we know corps are doing it and it's going to be catastrophic in a few decades or less"

The truth is somewhere in the middle, but both sides go for the bleachers in the hope they'll get a double.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2007, 11:29:41 PM »
We've got severe drought here in australia for the last few years - no one is calling Global Warming a myth anymore.

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2007, 02:39:25 AM »
We've got severe drought here in australia for the last few years - no one is calling Global Warming a myth anymore.

but is it man made?

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2007, 02:52:53 AM »
I haven't researched it myself and there's always some doubt but when all the farmers are going broke you have to look at it seriously, especially if it doesn't improve which it hasn't. Every major city in Australia is on water restrictions too - ie. no watering the garden 7 days a week - you will get fined.

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2007, 05:34:29 AM »
I haven't researched it myself and there's always some doubt but when all the farmers are going broke you have to look at it seriously, especially if it doesn't improve which it hasn't. Every major city in Australia is on water restrictions too - ie. no watering the garden 7 days a week - you will get fined.

I would never say the climate hasn't changed because it many areas it has. I only want to know if it is man made before I give up BBQing. Man I love a good steak. Droughts happen naturally though, I don't think that the great dust bowl of the 20s was blamed on man made global warming back then. I think in a few years all will straighten out again. Mother Nature is a woman after all.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2007, 05:41:25 AM »
I would never say the climate hasn't changed because it many areas it has. I only want to know if it is man made before I give up BBQing. Man I love a good steak. Droughts happen naturally though, I don't think that the great dust bowl of the 20s was blamed on man made global warming back then. I think in a few years all will straighten out again. Mother Nature is a woman after all.

Most scientists are in agreement that the climate change is man made.

Why would they lie? I'm sure they love the good life just as much as anyone.

We're getting record warmth here in Sweden - again. No matter how you slice it, there is a change.

The sooner we do changes, the bigger the chances are that the changes won't even be negative on our lifestyles.

I see absolutely no economical harm in our society becoming more effective in using our resources.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2007, 05:47:09 AM »
Most scientists are in agreement that the climate change is man made.

Why would they lie? I'm sure they love the good life just as much as anyone.

We're getting record warmth here in Sweden - again. No matter how you slice it, there is a change.

The sooner we do changes, the bigger the chances are that the changes won't even be negative on our lifestyles.

I see absolutely no economical harm in our society becoming more effective in using our resources.

-Hedge

Most scientists

What about the others? why would they lie. I have seen alot of research on the sun's temperature rise and it seems to me that this piece of info is the only fact that isn't a theory.