Author Topic: Ahmadinejad offers to hold direct talks with U.S. President Bush  (Read 3556 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
By The Associated Press

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Monday proposed holding direct talks with United States President George W. Bush, Iran's state-run Arabic satellite TV channel reported.

The announcement came as a surprise form the leader whose country is at odds with Washington over its disputed nuclear program and involvement in Iraq.

"Last year, I announced readiness for a televised debate over global issues with his Excellency Mr. Bush. And now we announce that I am ready to negotiate with him about bilateral issues as well as regional and international issues," Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying on the Web site of Al-Alam.

cont...http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/851755.html

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: Ahmadinejad offers to hold direct talks with U.S. President Bush
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 05:19:46 PM »
Bush will turn him down again and then accuse Iran of not cooperating.  ::)

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 06:38:43 PM »
Bush will turn him down again and then accuse Iran of not cooperating.  ::)

Should anyone in America believe that Ahmadinejad is genuine when he says he wants to talk? The man is a maniac, and no president should give him the time of day.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 07:28:12 PM »
Should anyone in America believe that Ahmadinejad is genuine when he says he wants to talk? The man is a maniac, and no president should give him the time of day.
hmmm, ya, heads of state who are maniacs, that's a rare concept... not!

seauantea

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 09:34:23 PM »
Despite his growing political influence in the Persian region, his position has next to no actual decision making power. He is little more than a mouthpiece for the upcoming invasion.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 09:34:49 PM »

I don't get you.

You seem reasonable.

This man controls a lot of the oil we use.  He has 70 million people on the border of a nation in which we're at war.  He is rich, his nation is rich.  They're on the verge of going nuclear.

He's a threat and an opportunity.  How would Reagan have handled it?  Talks, threats, and action at last resort.  This current speil of "I'd rather enter a losing war, spend a trillion dollars and lose 3000 guys, rather than have a fooking conversation" makes no sense to me.

egj13, enlisted men and civilians die because leaders don't talk.  It's terrible and senseless.  negotiations are used to prevent war.  I don't get everyone turned on by bombing another natino.

seauantea

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 09:54:33 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_Iran

The true leader of Iran is the Supreme leader, not the president. You will not hear that on CNN because unlike Ahmadinejad the supreme leader is not a sensationalistic buffoon.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 09:58:46 PM »
So he's kinda like the equivalent of Nancy Pelosi?

seauantea

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 10:01:04 PM »
I dont know enough about his specific duties to give you meaningful answer, what I can tell you is he does not have the power implied by our mainsteam media.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 10:06:07 PM »
I dont know enough about his specific duties to give you meaningful answer, what I can tell you is he does not have the power implied by our mainsteam media.

Afghanistan's boogeyman = Osama.
Iraq's boogeyman = Saddam.
Iran's boogeyman = Ahmadinejad.

Media needs a personality to sell to convince people the war is cool.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 10:17:51 PM »
By The Associated Press

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Monday proposed holding direct talks with United States President George W. Bush, Iran's state-run Arabic satellite TV channel reported.

The announcement came as a surprise form the leader whose country is at odds with Washington over its disputed nuclear program and involvement in Iraq.

"Last year, I announced readiness for a televised debate over global issues with his Excellency Mr. Bush. And now we announce that I am ready to negotiate with him about bilateral issues as well as regional and international issues," Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying on the Web site of Al-Alam.

cont...http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/851755.html

Screw him........he's funding and supply the enemy, anyone who thinks Bush should meet with the person who is enabling the enemy to kill our troops should SERIOUSLY have their head examined.........I'm sure Polosi would go, she's another enabler!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 10:24:57 PM »
Screw him........he's funding and supply the enemy, anyone who thinks Bush should meet with the person who is enabling the enemy to kill our troops should SERIOUSLY have their head examined.........I'm sure Polosi would go, she's another enabler!

The same white house speaker that told us "pat tillman died from enemy fire" also told us what ahmadijhad might be part of.

No offense, but I don't believe much of what they say.  Been caught in too many lies.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 10:34:39 PM »

instead we should bomb?

DONT breed..

gawd i hope u dont
carpe` vaginum!

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 02:41:34 AM »
I don't get you.

You seem reasonable.

This man controls a lot of the oil we use.  He has 70 million people on the border of a nation in which we're at war.  He is rich, his nation is rich.  They're on the verge of going nuclear.

He's a threat and an opportunity.  How would Reagan have handled it?  Talks, threats, and action at last resort.  This current speil of "I'd rather enter a losing war, spend a trillion dollars and lose 3000 guys, rather than have a fooking conversation" makes no sense to me.

egj13, enlisted men and civilians die because leaders don't talk.  It's terrible and senseless.  negotiations are used to prevent war.  I don't get everyone turned on by bombing another natino.

I never said bomb him. I just don't think our pres needs to talk to him. Send some nobody politician and be done with it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 05:15:14 AM »
So he's kinda like the equivalent of Nancy Pelosi?
I think more like Blair, if the Queen had a little more power to step in and lop heads off.

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 05:27:40 AM »
instead we should bomb?

DONT breed..

gawd i hope u dont

I don't know what is up with you guys in this board. Everyone is so uptight. I say don't talk to him and everyone reads "Bomb him". Says alot about the mindset on here.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 05:44:45 AM »
I don't know what is up with you guys in this board. Everyone is so uptight. I say don't talk to him and everyone reads "Bomb him". Says alot about the mindset on here.

I definitely think Bush should meet with Ahmadinejad. They're both on their way out of office, losing power. Both will be replaced soon.

Meeting could be a chance for both of them to redeem themselves, and sort issues out.

Bush shouldn't wait, but just offer Ahmadinejad to come to the White House for negotiations.

It would be a ballsy move.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 06:05:44 AM »

Why not? You think something bad will come about from negotiations?

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 06:15:16 AM »
Why not? You think something bad will come about from negotiations?

Oh no, I don't think anything will come out of it good or bad for America as a nation. One thing I have to credit the Muslim community with is their knowledge on how to use the media. While my feeling may be somewhat neutral on who wins the presidency, I believe that the Irans and Syrias of the world would like to see a Democrat in office. Ahmadinejad is a smart enough man to realize that if Bush turns down his offer it will add fuel to the fire in America and give the Democrats a topic to bring up during debates. These people are great at using the American media to further their cause. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2007, 07:05:51 AM »
Oh no, I don't think anything will come out of it good or bad for America as a nation. One thing I have to credit the Muslim community with is their knowledge on how to use the media. While my feeling may be somewhat neutral on who wins the presidency, I believe that the Irans and Syrias of the world would like to see a Democrat in office. Ahmadinejad is a smart enough man to realize that if Bush turns down his offer it will add fuel to the fire in America and give the Democrats a topic to bring up during debates. These people are great at using the American media to further their cause. 

I disagree.

The tough policy of the Bush Administration forces people in these countries into the arms of Islam, and extrem Islamism.

We have no need for leftist apologists, but the current policy of alienation is simply creating bigger problems in the future.

What we need is a president who is willing to discuss, even with people he loaths. Just like Nixon.

I think Giuliani, Edwards and perhaps Obama could be that person. Clinton? She has Bill Clinton in her corner, you can't take that away from her.

But Giuliani and Edwards are my two top guys now that McCain has become an old grumpy man.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2007, 07:16:20 AM »
now that McCain has become an old grumpy man.

he was recently caught singing a beach Boys song.  Pretty youthful of him!

vinnydountsnyc

• Getbig III
  • ''Billy is border line retarded'' Colette Nelson
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 08:00:56 AM »
WHO IS THE NUT OUT OF THE TWO AGAIN ?
911 INSIDE JOB !

vinnydountsnyc

• Getbig III
  • ''Billy is border line retarded'' Colette Nelson
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 08:04:55 AM »
WE LOOK extrem TO ALOT OF PEOPLE RIGHT NOW !
911 INSIDE JOB !

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 08:44:07 AM »

I agree.  He's a nut.  Advocates killing in one breath and "talks" the next. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 08:59:27 AM »
I agree.  He's a nut.  Advocates killing in one breath and "talks" the next. 
But wouldn't you agree that is a dangerous path, not engaging in talks because you deem the guy a nut?  Virtually every leader is seen as a nut by the people of other countries.  You want nut, whaz up with that Kim Jong il... We're for talks with this nutcase, but against talks with Iran?  Hey, how about a little consistency is the BS here :P No wonder Iran got the message that it's in their best interests to build the bomb asap.  ::)