Author Topic: Anyone on here like rugby?  (Read 10201 times)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Anyone on here like rugby?
« on: April 26, 2007, 02:08:09 PM »
No padding or helmets.... just real men  8)
P

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
Re: Anyone on here like rugby?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 02:48:50 PM »
American football is a real sport...even with the pads and helmets.
I Bleed PhillyEagle

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »
American football is a real sport...even with the pads and helmets.

Your point?
P

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 03:06:00 PM »
Most rugby players wear some sort of padding (though limited) these days though.  Actually since shoulder pads have been allowed without having to have a doctors consent, injuries have went up as players go into tackles much harder than they used to because they think the foam protection they wear will save them from injury  ::)

AVBG

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 03:21:17 PM »
Rugby is #1

bodybusiness

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 03:41:23 PM »
Played one year for my college...used to be d4. now i think we're close to being in d1. 

one of the best sports there is to play because there's so much focus on working together. no way will one man score by himself without everyone else taking a hit. i've always wanted to follow it but i don't know too much about rugby leagues. anyone else?

AVBG

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 04:57:39 PM »
Played one year for my college...used to be d4. now i think we're close to being in d1. 

one of the best sports there is to play because there's so much focus on working together. no way will one man score by himself without everyone else taking a hit. i've always wanted to follow it but i don't know too much about rugby leagues. anyone else?

Rugby league is a spin off from Rugby union as in the early 1900's "union" was an amatuer sport.

Players of union were getting injured playing and as a result losing the ability to earn money to support their families, so there was a splinter off from union and league (professional game) was born.

www.nrl.com.au (the premier rugby league comp in the world).

Riley

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 02:01:39 AM »
Definantly my favourite sport. But I much prefer Rugby League over Union. My teams are the Canberra Raiders and the Brumbies. What teams do you guys follow?

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 02:33:02 AM »
Definantly my favourite sport. But I much prefer Rugby League over Union. My teams are the Canberra Raiders and the Brumbies. What teams do you guys follow?

Ulster in union and in league the Leeds Rhinos!

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 06:36:57 AM »

The Green Machine!!! I used to love them when Big Mal and Laurie Daly, Brad Clyde, Ricky Stuart Brett Mullins....... what a team!! But I have always liked the doggies better... Darryl Halligan  8)

AVBG you are so spoilt to have so much professional sport in your area!
P

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 12:38:37 PM »

I take it you don't play

ta ta

ps I have played rugby at a very high standard so you may ask for my advice

Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 01:00:50 PM »
I take it you don't play

ta ta

ps I have played rugby at a very high standard so you may ask for my advice

If I need to fart, should I do so before a scum or during?  I'm a hooker by the way :D

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 01:22:03 PM »
If I need to fart, should I do so before a scum or during?  I'm a hooker by the way :D

ahhahaah during if your winning cause its always hilarious, unless you are on the end of a drubbing and then nobody finds it funny!

What team do you support Saxon?

ta ta

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 01:23:48 PM »
ahhahaah during if your winning cause its always hilarious, unless you are on the end of a drubbing and then nobody finds it funny!

What team do you support Saxon?

ta ta

Ulster in union and in league the Leeds Rhinos!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 01:30:13 PM »
Inside and outside center for a D1 Rugby team in college..played for the Kansas State Rugby club and a few Army clubs.......great sport. Go All Blacks!!!!!!!!!
L

AVBG

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 01:33:24 PM »

AVBG you are so spoilt to have so much professional sport in your area!

think so?  :-\

I follow the Cronulla Sharks and the Waratahs in rugby.  8)

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 01:39:17 PM »
Inside and outside center for a D1 Rugby team in college..played for the Kansas State Rugby club and a few Army clubs.......great sport. Go All Blacks!!!!!!!!!

I played centre for 10 minutes in my final game when I was at school...I had spent 3 years saying i should be playing centre instead of hooker...went on a crash ball and got absolutely creamed...one dead leg later...my school's rugby career ended in shame  :-[

Saskbb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 03:30:39 PM »

All Blacks! I Love the sport played a little in Wanganui about 20 years ago.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2007, 08:01:09 PM »
I got this huge All Blacks flag with the haka on it and the Kiwi flag from the New Zealanders we knew in Aghanistan..I hung in my garage next to my Patriots flag. All we watched was All blacks video's while i was in school so I guess their my team.
L

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2007, 05:53:48 AM »

Great game this morning (I'm in Ireland) between the Brumbies and the Crusaders, no tries but a really intense, hard game. 

mojo jojo

• Getbig I
  • ive got something in my pocket
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2007, 03:32:44 PM »
i only played rugby so i could touch my fellow teamates genitlas from my executive position of second row forward.....great times, rugby is a mentality and not just a sport, tho watching club rugby as a apposed to international rugby isnt the same thing, club rugby can be pretty poor standard especially in england, exceptions for rugby league as thats 100 hundred miles an hour adrenaline

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2007, 08:32:49 AM »
Great game this morning (I'm in Ireland) between the Brumbies and the Crusaders, no tries but a really intense, hard game. 

Where abouts in Ireland are you? I was playing down in Galway earlier this year and had a couple of people from the Connacht team having a look at me but sprained my ankel badly tho so that was the end of that  :(

think so?  :-\

I follow the Cronulla Sharks and the Waratahs in rugby.  8)

Cronulla havn't been the same since E.T. left  :'( Now that was a player, and a true club man!

In New Zealand all we have is the All Blacks! No one cares about anything else.... when we have lost at the last few world cup's the country goes into mourning and an economic recession happens.

Your Maaaaa - being put on the block and having 15 musclebears drill you is not playing to a high standard  ::)
P

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2007, 08:50:49 AM »
Where abouts in Ireland are you? I was playing down in Galway earlier this year and had a couple of people from the Connacht team having a look at me but sprained my ankel badly tho so that was the end of that  :(

There are enough untalented New Zealanders in Ireland making money because of their accents, we don't need another one  :P

Where you playing for Galwegians then?  I live in Ulster...haven't played much rugby recently due to a back injury.

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2007, 10:30:59 AM »

Cronulla havn't been the same since E.T. left  :'( Now that was a player, and a true club man!

In New Zealand all we have is the All Blacks! No one cares about anything else.... when we have lost at the last few world cup's the country goes into mourning and an economic recession happens.

Your Maaaaa - being put on the block and having 15 musclebears drill you is not playing to a high standard  ::)

Your post was so unfunny I  just puked.

ta ta

AVBG

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2007, 11:51:20 AM »

I met E.T last Wednesday at Syd Airport, I was comming home and he was flying out.. I walked up to him and said "E.T..You're a legend, I'm a big fan" and he responded.. "sheesh thanks buddy, I thought for a second you were a prop I played against, you had me worried when you came up"..