Author Topic: Great Job The BEAST!!!  (Read 12143 times)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: Great Job The BEAST!!!
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2007, 06:50:24 PM »
Nice booty! :)

overcome

• Getbig II
  • Size comes with strength, strength comes from pain
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2007, 08:59:57 AM »

the only thing that she had on you besides conditioning is glutes, and even that I think is just posing and her lack of thighs.  i personally think that females look better in the condition you were in then being in the condition she was.

are you a natty?

p.s. I usually don't care for female body builders, but you pull it off very well, you have great muscle but still keep a feminine look.
you suck at life...

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2007, 12:26:19 PM »
Thanks Princess!  It was great meeting you, sorry I was a little out of it :) Hopefully we will have another opportunity to meet.  Haha, I heard my posing routine was a little "much" I had a lot of fun with it even though I was TERRIFIED!!!
   :-\  hmmm... I don't get that.  I thought is was great - fun, yet serious  enough to show what you needed to show.  Judges...  ::)

As far as a recap...I thought the show went ok...I still need to bring my conditioning in a little.  I knew going into it that I wasn't exactly where I wanted to be plus I tried something completely different for my pre-show and I wasn't as dry as I hoped.  Overall the experience was great and the show was run very well.  There were 2 weight classes, 120 and over was Heavyweight, I weighed in at 127 (ugh, way tooo heavy...want to be about 122). 

I ended up winning my class but not the overall.  IMO the overall winner looked great and was more conditioned though I think I had more size and shape. It was a disappointing loss because only the overall winner received a INBF Pro Card.  For my next shows I can definitely improve on my posing...I have never seen on-stage bbing pics so now that I have some I know what I need to work on. 

Please critique any way you wish...just from first glance at these (friend just sent them) I am not getting down enough on my legs in my front poses, arms are a little high in my bicep shots, not flaring my lats enough and my abs look bad.  I definitely don't look conditioned enough...   

These are a few of my class and individuals 

You're right, you're conditioning was not there, but you still have plenty of time to get there for your other shows ( I thought that was your intent anyway...)

The pictures do not do justice to either one of you (#24 & you).  Both of you looked WAY better in person.

#24 is a friend/gym buddy, so I've seen her progression over the past year.  She's worked incredibly hard.  I'm very happy for her success.  I hope she doesn't mind my telling the board that she's about 12~13 years older than you  ;)  Last year was her first time on stage.

Oh and Princess you can post any pics you like :)  Thanks for asking.

My photos are not worth posting.  They're almost black  :-\  I was too far way for the flash to do anything.  I'll see if anyone I was with has something better...
:

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2007, 09:04:45 AM »
Thanks Overcome...yes I am natural and this was a natural show as is my one coming up this weekend

Great job, Jennifer!!  I bet you had so much fun posing up there!  So much better than the quarter turns in figure, huh?!

Just keep at it.  The conditioning will get better and better with each show, and the posing will become easier.  I have a very difficult time with the side chest and the ab/quad shots, and it just takes tons of practice.  The poses are easy to mess up since you can't watch yourself in the mirror while on stage.

Your muscle bellies look full, and I like you as a bodybuilder.  You represent us natural female bodybuilders so well!  Best of luck to you on the next one!

OMG-it was so much more fun then Figure...not that I don't appreciate the hard work it takes just to get up on stage regardless or what division you are in but I felt like I was actually working and competing up there.  So far I have been really happy about the transition.  Over the past 2 weeks I have hardened up a little but my posing should be so much better at the next shows that I will look much improved.

Thanks Jodi for the compliments, its funny because I will sit there are look at pics and think how scrawny I look so it is nice to hear an experienced opinion.  Can't wait to see you later in the year!  Good luck with your prep.
Jennifer

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2007, 09:26:45 AM »
They're almost black  :-\  I was too far way for the flash to do anything. 

When you're away from the stage, you have to turn your flash off.  That will allow more of the light from the stage to get into your camera, thus giving you brighter images.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2007, 09:28:34 AM »
...its funny because I will sit there are look at pics and think how scrawny I look...

Scrawny, my ass....girl, you're JACKED! 

Congrats, Jen. 

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2007, 04:06:32 PM »
I'd hit it 3 times..