Author Topic: Let the diet begin  (Read 19942 times)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Re: Let the diet begin
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2007, 01:53:58 AM »
good luck

Just started my pre contest diet today for the NPA Heart of England show on 19th August www.npa-bodybuilding.co.uk .Looking forward to getting into contest shape again and hope to have made some decent gains not having competed since the end of 2005.The plan this year is to do as little cardio as possible and,hopefully,retain a bit more muscle.Anyone elso dieting for a show at the moment?

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2007, 03:09:14 AM »
Thank you :)

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2007, 11:55:05 AM »
Show is just 5 days away now.Currently on 50 g of carbs a day.Feeling quite pleased with how I look.Hope to be at my best ever after dropping water.I have not cheated on my diet,missed any cardio of given less than 100% in the gym so am satisfied whatever the outcome.Here's a shot taken earlier today.Think I will look a lot better with a tan ;D

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2007, 10:53:12 AM »
no-one going to wish me luck for tommorrow then :'(

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2007, 04:23:41 PM »
good luck dude.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2007, 10:21:19 PM »
you look fvcking awesome dude, best of luck!  :)
follow the arrows

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2007, 10:46:15 PM »
Thanks,guys.Will post the result and pics on here when I get home.It's 6 am here in the UK but I can't sleep.Setting off about 10.30 am so plenty of time to tan up and have a steak.Cut water at 4 pm yesterday and then had some dry white wine about 9pm so feeling pretty dry.
Went out yesterday and bought some flapjacks and doughnuts for after the show.Might have a pizza too :D

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2007, 10:58:52 PM »
no matter how you finish you will deserve that pizza.   ;D

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2007, 12:14:19 AM »
Cheers Windsor.Loving the avatar ;D

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2007, 02:39:40 AM »
Good luck mate 8).

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2007, 02:42:07 AM »
no-one going to wish me luck for tommorrow then :'(

I think I am too late, but good luck anyway :D

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2007, 12:31:39 PM »
Thanks CQ :)

I placed 4th put was absolutely delighted with my condition.I was the best I have ever been and it was a tough line up.Most people had me third but that's bodybuilding.Will get photos up as soon as they come in.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2007, 06:59:57 PM »
Thanks CQ :)

I placed 4th put was absolutely delighted with my condition.I was the best I have ever been and it was a tough line up.Most people had me third but that's bodybuilding.Will get photos up as soon as they come in.

Well done mate, looking forward to seeing the pics. What kind of tan do you use?

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2007, 11:27:32 PM »
A coat of Pro-Tan the night before,a coat of Dream Tan No. 2 rubbed well in on the morning of the show and another coat patted in before going onstage.I bought them online from the US and,even with $14.99 shipping,it was cheaper than buying just the Dream Tan in the UK ::)

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2007, 01:13:40 PM »
Must learn not to pull stupid faces.

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2007, 09:05:36 AM »
Here's a better one :-\ Could have been a bit fuller but dehydrated to make the weight class.I did NOT 'nearly die for you bitches' though!!

bmuscle90

• Getbig II
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2007, 11:52:11 AM »
 Your legs are huge.  Everything looks good but the only thing I would say is maybe work on your arms a little bit more.  Add some more size.  Other than that very good.

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2007, 01:26:18 PM »
Thank you.Totally agree about needing more arm size and overall thickness.Legs were a weak point last time I competed and I feel I have brought them up but my arms just don't seem to improve-any ideas?

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2007, 04:25:44 PM »
Thank you.Totally agree about needing more arm size and overall thickness.Legs were a weak point last time I competed and I feel I have brought them up but my arms just don't seem to improve-any ideas?

Man your diet is obviously spot on.  I am not sure at this stage in your career if you will be able to add much more size as a natural.  How old are you?

bmuscle90

• Getbig II
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2007, 05:04:44 PM »

Make sure you switch up your arm routine.. both biceps and triceps.  When I train arms I switch up the exercises everyweek.  I do barbell curls with ez and straightbar..concentrati on curls..both seated and standing..hammers.  I also train forearms and do wristcurls and reverse wristcurls with barbell and dumbell.  Triceps I do exercises like overhead extention with one dumbell.. switch off to two dumbells in each hand the next week, also use ez and straight barbell to do skullcrushers.. do some dips..kickbacks too.  I always switch off exercises and do different angles.  Most of my arm exercises I like to go a little extra heavier in weight.  I think it helps me to always switch up the exercises. How long have you been training?

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2007, 10:29:56 PM »
Thanks for the advice.I am 39 and have been training seriously for about 8-9 years but on and off since I was 15.Have added 5-6 lbs of muscle since I last competed in 2005-not a lot,really but ok for a skinny natural  :D

bmuscle90

• Getbig II
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2007, 09:36:12 AM »
Thanks for the advice.I am 39 and have been training seriously for about 8-9 years but on and off since I was 15.Have added 5-6 lbs of muscle since I last competed in 2005-not a lot,really but ok for a skinny natural  :D

Very good for a natural,  just keep training and add some more size(arms).   

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2007, 12:02:18 PM »
I was told I would look much better if I were 3 inches shorter(I'm 6 ft and have a long torso and long limbs) but I don't think there's much I can do about that ;D.Doing another show on 8th September so will keep you posted :)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2007, 03:01:46 PM »
whats your current arm routine?

yes, monster arms btw.
follow the arrows

bmuscle90

• Getbig II
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2007, 06:03:36 PM »
I was told I would look much better if I were 3 inches shorter(I'm 6 ft and have a long torso and long limbs) but I don't think there's much I can do about that ;D.Doing another show on 8th September so will keep you posted :)

Good luck.