Author Topic: De La Hoya vs. Mayweather  (Read 13528 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: De La Hoya vs. Mayweather
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2007, 01:45:45 PM »
you know how to get a puerto rican chick pregnant?

Shoot a load on her shoes and let the flies do the work.

hahahahahahahahahaha.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2007, 02:21:54 PM »
why the fucck would anyone move to a shithole like Puerto Rico?
Na Puerto Rico has some very nice areas. (like where my grandmother lives) But i really dont like it. it just dont seem too organized to me. and they dont know how to do business that well over there. My dad said he can open up any kind of busiess there and make money. But i would just retire here. I wouldnt have wanted to grow up there

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2007, 02:25:07 PM »
It's only "major" in one area of mexico

Doesn't matter... De La Hoya isn't Mexican... He may have a Mexican "heritage", but he was born in the USA in Montebello, California.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2007, 09:19:51 PM »
Tyson was the most overrated heavyweight ever. He beat a bunch of no name fighters with big knockouts, and that left an impression in the gullible minds. As soon as he fought some real topnotch talent he was put in his place. An aging Holyfield schooled him twice. If Tyson ever stepped in the UFC against a world class wrestler like Randy Cotoure OR an effective kicker like Mirko Cro Cop he would lose everytime.
TEAM REPTILIAN

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2007, 11:47:24 PM »
Tyson was the most overrated heavyweight ever. He beat a bunch of no name fighters with big knockouts, and that left an impression in the gullible minds. As soon as he fought some real topnotch talent he was put in his place. An aging Holyfield schooled him twice. If Tyson ever stepped in the UFC against a world class wrestler like Randy Cotoure OR an effective kicker like Mirko Cro Cop he would lose everytime.

Your post show that you know absolutely nothing about boxing.  Stick to point fighting.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2007, 12:11:19 AM »
Your post show that you know absolutely nothing about boxing.  Stick to point fighting.

I've never done point fighting in my life. I've only been in real bareknuckle fights.

Tyson was schooled by an old Holyfield twice...nearly beaten by Francois Botha. I saw them all. Tell me the big names Tyson beat? Tyson was impressive because he scored devastating KOs against second-rate contenders.

I can tell you are a little Tyson fanboy. The same as the fanboys screaming Fedor is not human grrrr!!! hahahahah. I know far more about MMA and boxing than you do, and I am much smarter than you are!
TEAM REPTILIAN

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2007, 01:06:13 AM »
If you know more than me about boxing that's good for you, but you definitly don't express your knowledge in these past two post.

Do ya know Guys like Pete Brodsky and Tommy Maloy...they are the guys that I wached and listen to at the Westbury, NY PAL starting around 17. They (tommy ) specifically trained my brother and I do know a thing or two about boxing....I'm just a fan of mma, but have wrestled and although just a fan I can DEFINITLY throw better leg kicks then what I saw on that show from the "so called pro's' the other day and that doesn't say much.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2007, 01:12:52 AM »

Michael Spinks wasn't a no-name fighter. Tyson mauled his ass. Same thing with Berbick.

And a lot of other fighters.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2007, 01:19:07 AM »
Holy hell, did they spend 10 trillion dollars selling this peice of shit fight?  I must see 100 stupid commercials per day... and the first time ever Dish automatically downloaded and saved an interview with De la Douchebag  ::) for my viewing entertainment...  Boxing sucks, boring as all hell.  UFC, even tamed way down is 100 times more entertaining.

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2007, 08:10:29 AM »
Holy hell, did they spend 10 trillion dollars selling this peice of shit fight?  I must see 100 stupid commercials per day... and the first time ever Dish automatically downloaded and saved an interview with De la Douchebag  ::) for my viewing entertainment...  Boxing sucks, boring as all hell.  UFC, even tamed way down is 100 times more entertaining.

UFC is boring sometimes when the fighters wrestle too much.
Don't let em fool ya

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2007, 08:30:29 AM »
I follow boxing religiously,
Pretty much watch all the PPV and HBO fights when they happen.
This is a fight I have been waiting for long time, the setiment is shared with the boxing community as well.
I dont think it will be a boring fight...Oscar knows he cant 'outbox' mayweather, so he will be pressing.
Something special happens when the fight of this magnitude pops off....
L

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2007, 10:56:08 AM »
I follow boxing religiously,
Pretty much watch all the PPV and HBO fights when they happen.
This is a fight I have been waiting for long time, the setiment is shared with the boxing community as well.
I dont think it will be a boring fight...Oscar knows he cant 'outbox' mayweather, so he will be pressing.
Something special happens when the fight of this magnitude pops off....

Not necessarily, remember when De La Hoya fought Trinidad. That fight was hyped up a lot as well and it was a boring fight.

This fight should be exciting though because as like you said De La Hoya can't outbox Mayweather and will probably have to knock him out cold. I hope he does.
Don't let em fool ya

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2007, 11:49:09 AM »
Not necessarily, remember when De La Hoya fought Trinidad. That fight was hyped up a lot as well and it was a boring fight.

i don't think it was hyped as much as this one, atleast not by HBO

that fight was boring because oscar quit fighting after like 7 rounds because he felt he won all the rounds before that and would get the decision

I felt he won all those rounds too but i'm glad the judges didn't give him the win because you can't just quit because you think you are ahead on the scoring cards

it's weird how oscar has both trinadad and mosley supporting him for this fight on that hbo show

E
E

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2007, 12:56:27 PM »
Michael Spinks wasn't a no-name fighter. Tyson mauled his ass. Same thing with Berbick.

And a lot of other fighters.

-Hedge

Hedge, this Karatekid doesn't know the first thing about boxing...oh wait, he bare knuckle fights...please.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2007, 04:26:22 PM »
berbick and spinks couldn't compete with today's competition

tyson was overrated

any boxing historian will tell you the same thing

E
E

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2007, 04:57:50 PM »
berbick and spinks couldn't compete with today's competition

tyson was overrated

any boxing historian will tell you the same thing

E

Spinks was at the time a world class fighter, ranked as one of the best pound for pound even.

As far as Evander Holyfield in the mid 90's... Holyfield was 34-35 for those fights, and in good shape.

Tyson's not underrated. But he never fulfilled his potential, no way near.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2007, 07:31:57 PM »
Michael Spinks wasn't even a real heavyweight. He was a pumped up lightheavyweight like Roy Jones Jr. Face it, Tyson is way overrated.

Oh but he beat Berbick lmao.  ;D
TEAM REPTILIAN