Author Topic: Tiny terrier saves five New Zealand kids from pitbulls  (Read 8000 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Re: Tiny terrier saves five New Zealand kids from pitbulls
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2007, 04:01:19 PM »
so are you suggesting that only people with 'time' and 'knowledge' should have dogs?

Yeah just like a child if you don't have the time to raise the animal then you shouldnt have it... simple as hell to know..

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2007, 04:02:02 PM »
I have to ask myself why anyone in their right mind would even have a pit bull. Compensating for something? And I don't want to hear the bs that it has to do with the owner. Those dogs are worthless. You don't hear about packs of golden retrievers mauling children!

^^^ you are a complete idiot ... atleast have a clue what you are talking about before you say some ignorant bs like that.
________________________ ________________________ _

flower you said you werent gonna have a pit bull bashing thread.  why dont you delete that jackass' post?

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2007, 04:16:36 PM »

^^^ you are a complete idiot ... atleast have a clue what you are talking about before you say some ignorant bs like that.
________________________ ________________________ _

flower you said you werent gonna have a pit bull bashing thread.  why dont you delete that jackass' post?

cuz it makes him look like a tard

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2007, 12:22:30 AM »
Yeah just like a child if you don't have the time to raise the animal then you shouldnt have it... simple as hell to know..

So basically there need to be dog adoptions, and they need to check if the parents are responsible etc. I wonder if they would let homosexuals adopt dogs?

Btw, isn't it a little bit predictable that you, a bodybuilding cagefighter gets a Pitbull? Why is it that there's never a stamp collecting rocket science who gets one?
Z

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2007, 09:36:23 AM »
exactly right, only people with knowledge of how to raise a dog correctly should have one, a dog needs MORE disapline and direction than a child and is potentially much more dangerous than a child.
The unbringing and training of a dog (reguardless of breed)is fundimental in isolating these incidents.
The owners of all these attacks will be uneducated in bring up animals.
I've had many dogs and i feel it inappropriate for a dog to be taught to be weary of humans.  Sincity, anybody could walk into my house and play with my dogs if im there or not.  It shouldnt matter who it is because they shouldnt be taught to be aggresive to anyone or any animal. Pets, companions not guard dogs.

4thAD

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2007, 11:02:54 AM »
Research and you will find out properly trained pit bulls attack and maul far more often than other breeds! This is fact. I had a pitbull at one time and they are  much more aggressive than most other breeds. They were not bred to be raised in the city, in ahouse or apt. Most people that own pitbulls have them just for cool factor!

4thAD

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2007, 11:15:59 AM »
I just got a new pitbull puppy and i have mine because of the loyalty that the breed has. Not all pit bulls are worthless, i guess about as worthless as the idiots who say that the breed offers nothing. Go read a fucking book and then come back and talk.. And for the guy above who says "you never hear of anyone being attacked by golden retrievers" your damn right you dont. You also don't hear about very many other dog attacks either now do you. How many people get bit everyday in the face or body and go to the hospital. ATON how many do you hear about, usually only the pitbulls. Plus i doubt these dogs were even real pitbulls look up what a dogo is and it looks like a pit but is no where close. So to the two of you go meet up, go on a date, and then go find a fucking book so you can bring some actual knowledge about the breed to this board.. Idiots like you is why members of my family get bad names, simply put because you are highly uneducated about the subject and think that you have a fucking reason to open your mouth when you don't. I've had pits for the last 13 years and never had any incident what so ever with my dogs.. My dogs would eat you if you came into my house to do harm... but you mihgt have to watch out if my dogs off a leash when there is no issue or threat, because they would lick you to death... I'll get off my soap box so you two baboons can continue to show how fucking retarded you are, plus my puppy is saluvating waiting to sink his teeth into somebody. So I better take him to the park so he can eat a kid or something...Fucking fools.

*Sweet meltdown bro! Didnt mean to attack your compensation. Sorry man...*

Your right the breed is very loyal, Extremely loyal. Very jealous also!

Getting bit by a dog and being viciously mauled are two very different things.

Flower I am sorry for turning your thread into a pitbull bashing thread. That was not at all my intent. The story was very touching. I know a very young child who was mauled and almost killed by two pitbulls who were raised very well. Ive known the dogs for a long time and I know the family very well.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2007, 01:08:01 PM »
Research and you will find out properly trained pit bulls attack and maul far more often than other breeds! This is fact. I had a pitbull at one time and they are  much more aggressive than most other breeds.

first of all dumb ass your classifying pit bull as a breed.  pit bull is not a breed.  it is a generic term used to describe APBT, AmStaff, Staffbull terriers. the media identifies any mix of those dogs and a variety of other breeds who have "pit bull type characteristics" as a pit bull.  most of the media dog bite stories are either some type of pit mix or another breed all together but still reported as a pit bull attack.

a true pit bull would never attack a person. human aggression is not in their nature.  that is part of the reason why they do not make good gaurd dogs. it is in their nature to be extemely friendly and outgoing with every person they meet, stranger or not, espicially children

this is a quote from the book Fatal Dog Attacks

"in reviewing and studying over 448 cases of fatal dog attacks in the United States, There is no documented case where a single, neutered, household pit bull was the cause of a human fatality.”
   --------Karen Delise, Author of Fatal Dog Attacks

as far as pit bulls being more agressive than other breeds,  the Ameircan Temperment Society 2006...       
Temperment evaluations of APBT result in very high passing rate of 95%.
The ave. passing rate for the other 121 breeds tested was 77%

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2007, 01:39:31 PM »
then ban the other 121 breeds. 77% is way too low
Z

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2007, 01:54:22 PM »
So basically there need to be dog adoptions, and they need to check if the parents are responsible etc. I wonder if they would let homosexuals adopt dogs?

Btw, isn't it a little bit predictable that you, a bodybuilding cagefighter gets a Pitbull? Why is it that there's never a stamp collecting rocket science who gets one?

Bluto Bluto Bluetoe, Here you go once again opening your mouth when you have no idea... I am far from a body builder I'm 6'2" and now a big whopping 189 lbs and for the simple truth, I work for a college enrolling students... I do train and I do plan on fighting in a few professional fights in the next year or so... And there is no need for dog adoptions, I was simply stating that people who own animals need to have knowledge of how to raise them and train them properly. Not jack asses who think because they own a PB that they look like DMX or some other rapper...

And for smoothasf  I have never taught my dogs to be agressive to anyone that walks in my door. We have always taken our pits around other dogs and people from the time they are pups... But my last female would not let you in the door if she didnt know you that well and we werent home.. I found this out a few times when people would stop by and just walk in the house thinking we were home and they would call me and say that my dog wouldnt allow them in the house... And I would have to let them know just to wait outside and I would be home in 10. After getting to know them she let them in though. Not sure why it was she was just very deffensive of her house. She also didnt like a few people who I later found out were crackheads that my wifes brother brought over... Needless to say I had to put her outside and they never came back because they said my dog was retarded and mean.. But hell I am personally glad that she kept out who needs a thieving crack head in their house???

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2007, 02:25:35 PM »
so you're a wanna be cage fighter that wants a tough dog with a fighting rep? you dont think thats ironic?

why dont you get a poodle or something and start being so fucking predictable

i bet you are planning to get some bad ass tattoes too
Z

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2007, 05:22:57 PM »
Allright, thread is now locked.

If MATURE discussions can take place on these topics they will be allowed to stay.

Using name calling and the like to argue will be deleted.  You may have an opinion for or against, but make it sound like it is a reasonable thought out one.

(have someone proofread it before you post  ::)
)

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2007, 05:30:10 PM »
Only bad owners....not bad dogs