Author Topic: Double-digit lawsuits against LAPD  (Read 4018 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Double-digit lawsuits against LAPD
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2007, 12:01:30 AM »
I wasn't talking about due process.  You mentioned illegal aliens having the right to file civil lawsuits.  If there ain't a law prohibiting this, there ought to be. 

In response to your questions:

1.  If I was in another country, legally or illegally, the local police should not have the right to be beat me if I was offering no resistance to their directions. 

2.  If was visiting another country illegally and accused of a crime, it would be fair for local authorities to deny tax-payer funded defense counsel. 

Right or wrong, the politicians, BANKS, and business owners want the immigrant workforce here.  I'm going to keep repeating that point until Americans 'get it'. 

1) As a guest in another country, I would hate to be treated the way the predominantly Latino crowd at MacArthur Park was treated last week. 

2) As a believer in the rule of *reasonable* law, I would hope that I'd be provided counsel if I was accused of a crime and jailed.  Assuming I wasn't fluent in the native language, I would also hope that they'd make an effort to provide a translator or translation materials for me. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2007, 12:04:48 AM »
The law acts as a deterent for bad behaviour on both sides. If you remove thier ability to file civil suites the police are less inclined to respect thier rights.

Illegal aliens show complete disregard for the law when they come into our country without going through the proper channels.  The law doesn't deter them one bit.  And there are criminal laws on the books that prevent police brutality.  We don't need to give illegals the right to use our civil courts to get money from the taxpayers.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2007, 12:07:06 AM »
Right or wrong, the politicians, BANKS, and business owners want the immigrant workforce here.  I'm going to keep repeating that point until Americans 'get it'. 

1) As a guest in another country, I would hate to be treated the way the predominantly Latino crowd at MacArthur Park was treated last week. 

2) As a believer in the rule of *reasonable* law, I would hope that I'd be provided counsel if I was accused of a crime and jailed.  Assuming I wasn't fluent in the native language, I would also hope that they'd make an effort to provide a translator or translation materials for me. 

The immigrant workforce is fine.  The illegal immigrant workforce is not. 

If you enter a country illegally, you should not have the right to anything funded by taxpayers.  That's just wrong.   

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2007, 01:36:04 AM »
Illegal aliens show complete disregard for the law when they come into our country without going through the proper channels.  The law doesn't deter them one bit.  And there are criminal laws on the books that prevent police brutality.  We don't need to give illegals the right to use our civil courts to get money from the taxpayers.   

You need to control illegal immigration so that the standard of living in your country does not drop to unacceptable level. But you should consider yourself lucky that you were born or could come to a country that has a high standard of living with rights for everyone. Those born into poorer countries have no choice where they are born remember that.

I also bet most of these illegals work damn hard for very little return comparatively in the US.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2007, 01:59:08 AM »
I'm not 100% certain, but I heard the illegals make up the highest percentage of rape perpetrators in usa prisons. 

Does anyone know where one can find such info?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2007, 02:07:54 AM »
I'm sure you could find info to back this up on Stormfront.  ::)
w

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2007, 08:48:09 AM »
I'm not 100% certain, but I heard the illegals make up the highest percentage of rape perpetrators in usa prisons. 

Does anyone know where one can find such info?

Pretty good bit of resources, If you want to find out I'd start off with the department of justice website. Then you can trickle down to criminal juvenille justice statistics.

But I already looked into the majoroity of rapes and it's black offenders followed by hispanics, but it showed that the hispanic population was more frequently to not be charged, and most of the time the offenders went through the system on unrelated charges (the other revolving door affect)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2007, 10:46:50 AM »
But I already looked into the majoroity of rapes and it's black offenders followed by hispanics, but it showed that the hispanic population was more frequently to not be charged, and most of the time the offenders went through the system on unrelated charges (the other revolving door affect)

::)

All that means is that the conviction rates for Black and Brown defendants is higher than for Whites. 

Shocker.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2007, 12:16:43 PM »
I just did a quick search, i don't have time so i can't even read the article right now, but it was titled, "illegal aliens kill 12 americans daily"...not rape but murder, oh well perhaps I was off so I guess these illegals deserve to stay, huh? 

Further more, the article states that there ar 240,000 illegal aliens sexual offenders in the usa.  I guess i was accurate, afterall.

Get rid of them today!!!!!!  All of them and then allow the 6,000 or so usa allows LEGALLY in every year.....In this overcrowded america that is more than enough.

wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53103

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2007, 10:21:27 PM »
Bump this.

What do the alien supporters think of these crime facts?

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2007, 10:27:06 PM »

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/10/6/92636.shtml

This is not, unfortunately, a freakish, one-of-a-kind event. Last year, Heather MacDonald, in a piece for City-Journal which also posted at Frontpagemagazine.com, addressed the astounding impact of illegal alien criminals. In "Illegal Alien Crime Wave," she notes that in Los Angeles, 95 percent of all outstanding warrants for homicide (which total 1,200 to 1,500) target illegal aliens. Up to two-thirds of all fugitive felony warrants (17,000) are for illegal aliens.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.cairco.org/issues/issues_crime_us.html

In fiscal year 2002, 33.6% of criminals sentenced in federal district courts under Federal Sentencing Guidelines were non-citizens, and 55% of these non-citizens were illegal aliens. This means that illegal aliens accounted for 17.5% of all crimes prosecuted in federal courts, whereas they are less than 6% of the adult population.

There are 400,000 illegal aliens being sought by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) as "Absconders," and 100,000 of them are criminals. They have been ordered deported but cannot be located.

From 1980 to 1999, the number of illegal aliens in federal and state prisons grew from 9,000 to 68,000. Today, criminal aliens account for about 30% of the inmates in federal prisons and 15-25% in many local jails. Incarceration costs to the taxpayers were estimated by the Justice Department in 2002 to be $891 million for federal prison inmates and $624 million for inmates in state prisons.

In 2004, the federal government reimbursed states and counties almost $300 million for over 200,000 illegal aliens in custody in jails and prisons. This number does not include illegal aliens in jail in jurisdictions that did not request reimbursement (such as Illinois and Wisconsin), nor does it include thousands sentenced to probation instead of jail time.

From 1995 to 1999, the INS released over 35,000 criminal aliens instead of deporting them. Over 11,000 of them later committed serious crimes. The data for 2000-2004 has not been released.

In 2003, the ICE Detention and Removal Office in Los Angeles had the manpower to process only 10-12% of the estimated 40,000 illegal aliens who passed through the county jail (24% of the total of 170,000). Over 35,000 were released back into the community.

Over 23,000 individuals with criminal histories were apprehended by the Border Patrol in 2004 trying to enter the U.S. illegally. No one knows how many crossed our open borders successfully.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney's office says there are over 300 murder warrants outstanding in L.A. County for illegal aliens who have fled to Mexico. They estimate there are 800 to 1,000 such warrants statewide in California and possibly 3,000 nationwide.

Frequently, an illegal alien arrested for a crime can accept "voluntary removal" instead of going to trial for his crime. He is sent home but not counted as being deported. Thus, he has no criminal record if he re-enters the country. Local prosecutors make this deal to save money, but because of our open borders such criminals often return and commit additional crimes. No one has yet calculated the cost of this practice.

Although all illegal aliens are subject to deportation by law, only the most serious criminals are detained and deported from local jails because of inadequate ICE manpower. Over 200,000 illegal aliens who were incarcerated for minor crimes in 2004 were released back into the community instead of being deported.

In 2004, over 50,000 apprehended "Other-than-Mexican" illegal aliens were released by the Border Patrol due to a lack of detention space. Most of them did not show up for their immigration court hearing.

The Border Patrol does not routinely arrest "coyotes" who smuggle illegal aliens into the country. They are merely sent back across the border with their "clients." They are arrested and prosecuted for human trafficking only after the coyote's file has numerous apprehensions and five documented re-entries after deportation.

Illegal aliens are often released because of lack of detention space, yet the federal agency responsible for detention facilities, ICE/DRO, has never requested the funds to build adequate detention facilities.
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2007, 10:41:20 AM »
You need to control illegal immigration so that the standard of living in your country does not drop to unacceptable level. But you should consider yourself lucky that you were born or could come to a country that has a high standard of living with rights for everyone. Those born into poorer countries have no choice where they are born remember that.

I also bet most of these illegals work damn hard for very little return comparatively in the US.

I disagree.  Those born in poorer countries come here legally all the time.  We have tons of them in Hawaii. 

I bet I spend an inordinate amount of tax dollars funding border patrols, the INS, medical benefits, law enforcement, and prison space for illegals. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2007, 11:50:07 AM »
I bet I spend an inordinate amount of tax dollars funding border patrols, the INS, medical benefits, law enforcement, and prison space for illegals. 

It would be a lot more cost-effective to use that money to build the infrastructure and economy of Mexico. 

We should just invade them and start doing that.  American contractors would have a field day, but since they're NOT, there's obviously some incentive to keep sending American money overseas and the middle class is getting stuck with the bill.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2007, 11:53:20 AM »
It would be a lot more cost-effective to use that money to build the infrastructure and economy of Mexico. 

We should just invade them and start doing that.  American contractors would have a field day, but since they're NOT, there's obviously some incentive to keep sending American money overseas and the middle class is getting stuck with the bill.

Okay with me, so long as we take over all of the Mexican restaurants.   :)

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2007, 11:59:02 AM »
So now that we know the crimes sats, do those that support them still believe the system should stay the same?

i say get rid of them and have them apply and come through the legal way, including those that have the balls to march for rights while they are illegal.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2007, 06:11:10 PM »
I disagree.  Those born in poorer countries come here legally all the time.  We have tons of them in Hawaii. 

You'd probably be incorrect. Border security is a joke.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2007, 06:28:22 PM »

You're talking about effectiveness.  I'm talking dollars and cents.  Wouldn't be the first time the government has flushed my money down the toilet. 

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2007, 03:35:47 AM »
You sure about that?  I have no idea, but it doesn't make sense.  The minute they appear in a lawsuit they get deported. 

Near where I live a town tried to make a law to punish buss. owners who hired illegals but it was challanged cause only the federal gov could make a law like that but guess who showed to fight the case..... a few dozens illegals from the area who had homes and children in our schools, the ACLU was even there, no one was arrested or deported...
I

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2007, 08:31:22 PM »
Bob Baker, president of the police union, turned down a request for an interview, but issued a statement defending the police response after the May 1 clash, saying officers responded appropriately when some members of the crowd threw bottles and rocks at police.

"As Chief Bratton says, 'sometimes policing isn't pretty and there is little if any time for reflection and discussion before action,'" Baker said. "... In the coming days it will become clear what transpired. Until then there should be no rush to judgment."
Squishy face retard

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2007, 10:12:49 AM »
Bare in mind folks, that crowd was not a crowd of illegals, it was a crowd of people... Americans!
Some legal, some not, ...but when you fire into a crowd like that, you should expect litigation trouble.

If taxpayers have a problem with paying hefty civil damages, they should hold their law enforcement officers to higher standards.

illegal aliens are not americans.  they are not citizens. 
Valhalla awaits.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2007, 11:23:02 AM »

we need to at least double the number of cutoms and border batroll agents.. do you have any idea how hard it is to recruit the type of numbers we need? people are not willing to move to a shithole town in the middle of nowhere,, to work for shit pay, in terrible conditions,, dealing with some of the scummiest and dangerous people in the world.. not only that but they have to pass a strict background check and they must speak spanish in order to do there job...

so please give me an answer to how we are going to secure these borders... keep in mind every dollar you spend is going to make you look bad.. your talking millions, if not billions to do this, so a "wall" is out of the question..on top of that you have huge political pressure from the other side, and millions of americans who are unwilling to fund an anti-immigration program...

it cant be done overnight. and until then we are that much more at risk.. but god forbid we rely on intelligence and surveillance to keep you safe -because the same people we are trying to protect are bitching about how evil and unjust we are..

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2007, 12:11:45 PM »
we need to at least double the number of cutoms and border batroll agents.. do you have any idea how hard it is to recruit the type of numbers we need? people are not willing to move to a shithole town in the middle of nowhere,, to work for shit pay, in terrible conditions,, dealing with some of the scummiest and dangerous people in the world.. not only that but they have to pass a strict background check and they must speak spanish in order to do there job...

Get rid of the sf-86 background check, as it's WAYYY over the top.. Most people will not wait a year for a application to process, when they can make more money elsewhere.