Author Topic: injuries  (Read 1212 times)

blinky

• Getbig V
injuries
« on: May 06, 2007, 06:09:48 PM »
is it just me or does there seem to be a whole lot of injuries to start the MLB season?

im a blue jays fan and our players are dropping like flies. we cant keep our pitching rotation going cause weve lost so many starters...and bull pen. same with the rest. 2 out feilders, 1 infeilder and now our catcher

the yankees have had a shit load too. look how many pitchers theyve had go down.

i was just checking the MLB website and this month alone(6 days) 23 people have been put on the disabled list.

is it more than usual this year...and any body have an answer/theory as to why?

body88

Re: injuries
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 06:14:06 PM »
is it just me or does there seem to be a whole lot of injuries to start the MLB season?

im a blue jays fan and our players are dropping like flies. we cant keep our pitching rotation going cause weve lost so many starters...and bull pen. same with the rest. 2 out feilders, 1 infeilder and now our catcher

the yankees have had a shit load too. look how many pitchers theyve had go down.

i was just checking the MLB website and this month alone(6 days) 23 people have been put on the disabled list.

is it more than usual this year...and any body have an answer/theory as to why?

Same situation happened to the sox at the end of last year. When the injury bug bites it is ruthless. I remember wondering how the hell so many guys could be injured at one time.

There seems to be a ton of frekin hamstring injuries in MLB and the  NFL these days.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 06:20:54 PM »
Same situation happened to the sox at the end of last year. When the injury bug bites it is ruthless. I remember wondering how the hell so many guys could be injured at one time.

There seems to be a ton of frekin hamstring injuries in MLB and the  NFL these days.

ya i remember that last year. that really hurt them down the stretch.

but this year im not just talking about the jays...it seems to be really wide spread across the whole league. like i said just in the last 6 days 23 players across the league have been put on the DA list.

and youre right there are a ton of hammy injuries.

body88

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 06:26:26 PM »
ya i remember that last year. that really hurt them down the stretch.

but this year im not just talking about the jays...it seems to be really wide spread across the whole league. like i said just in the last 6 days 23 players across the league have been put on the DA list.

and youre right there are a ton of hammy injuries.

I suggest canning the strength and conditioning coach >:( ;)

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 06:28:53 PM »
I suggest canning the strength and conditioning coach >:( ;)

but you know thats the thing. athletes today are suppose to be stronger, faster and in better shape. yet it seems like each year there are more and more injuries. i dont get it

body88

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 06:31:07 PM »
but you know thats the thing. athletes today are suppose to be stronger, faster and in better shape. yet it seems like each year there are more and more injuries. i dont get it

Could be the players of yesterday played through injury due to less sophisticated methods of diagnosis. It does seem out of the ordinary that in this day in age it seems that there are more injuries.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 07:15:04 PM »
Could be the players of yesterday played through injury due to less sophisticated methods of diagnosis. It does seem out of the ordinary that in this day in age it seems that there are more injuries.

ya i thought about that.
i also think you probably hear alot more about injuries now than say 10-20 years ago. with the press being everywhere now and also with betting and inury lists.

could be we just hear about it more now than before.