Author Topic: the Spurs are going to win again  (Read 4389 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: the Spurs are going to win again
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2007, 02:36:31 PM »
Not that I need to side with Camel Jockey(because he made some off color remarks to me)

BUT

How can you say that Cleveland is the most boring team in the league when they have one of the most exciting players in the league in Lebron James???? You're a fucking retard for making a comment like that.

You sound like you're 15 years old when you post.

you are regurgitating everything your being fed instead of making your own observations, seriously this is not even worthy of my commenting but i will do it anyway.
ok, 'the standard' of how 'exciting' a team is according to the media is simply how many points your team averages.
cleveland has rarely scored even 90 points throughout the playoffs. in the new jersey series they had multiple fourth quarters where both teams set records for fewest field goals made, these teams struggled to break 80 points.
cleveland is averaging less than 90 ppg in the playoffs, i dont think theyve even scored over 100 once, due to their stagnant, sloppy, and ineffective offense, while the spurs are averaging over 100 per game. hell we outscored and beat everybody's favorite phoenix suns at their own game-for the second time- all this gets ignored.
cleveland has hardly any offensive flow at all, they basically hand the ball to lebron and stand around and hope something happens. even lebron himself, while a good player, is not quite what the NBA hype machine has built him up to be. meanwhile the spurs offense is a well oiled machine featuring two of the fastest, most talented penetrators in the league in parker and ginobili. this gets ignored. our shooters are the best in the league. this gets ignored. duncan is averaging around 5 rejections a game, and consistently makes some of the craziest bank shots ive ever seen. this gets ignored.
i seriously dont get it.

you sound like someone whose never seen a game in his life and whose instead based their entire opinion on the NBA by watching commercials.   

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2007, 03:09:20 PM »
lol keep piling on the hate, we dont really notice it cause we are too busy BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYBODY

I love the Spurs but I was just poking fun at people who say they're a boring team to watch. I think Spurs-Pistons would be a great series. If that match up eventuates, whoever wins, I'll be happy. Either Timmy will get a 4th ring or Webber will finally get one. It's win-win for me as a fan. BTW, I think you're right John, Cleveland are a boring team, with the exception of Lebron of course, and Donyell is one of my favourite players.

SERGIO!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2007, 05:58:03 PM »
I love the Spurs but I was just poking fun at people who say they're a boring team to watch. I think Spurs-Pistons would be a great series. If that match up eventuates, whoever wins, I'll be happy. Either Timmy will get a 4th ring or Webber will finally get one. It's win-win for me as a fan. BTW, I think you're right John, Cleveland are a boring team, with the exception of Lebron of course, and Donyell is one of my favourite players.

SERGIO!!!!
yes, you seem to have a clear unbiased perception and are able to appreciate quality basketball over what the media tells you should be 'cool', your support is appreciated :)

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007, 06:31:47 PM »
yes, you seem to have a clear unbiased perception and are able to appreciate quality basketball over what the media tells you should be 'cool', your support is appreciated :)

I've got no doubt that's why every single person on ESPN was so against the Spurs with the whole rough play thing, because they wanted the high ratings that the fair-weather basketball fans would have brought if the Suns had made the finals. Go to the link below and Bill Russell sums things up pretty well on people who don't like watching the Spurs play :

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2007/news/billrussell_postseason.html

SERGIO!!!!

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2007, 08:50:24 AM »
The Spurs are on the way to ANOTHER title. The East coast series winner is completely irrelevant. Cleavland is no match for the Spurs and even if Detroit pulls this out, they have been exposed. St Antonio will crush them :-\

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2007, 02:49:35 PM »
Now that the Spurs are up 2-0, the series is over. There is no way the Cavs are going to win all 3 games in Cleveland and there is no way they will win both games 6 and 7 in San Antonio.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2007, 03:08:10 PM »
hahaa did you guys watch the glorious butchery that was game 2?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2007, 04:48:16 PM »
Yayyy. Go Spurs. Their dynasty and dominance makes me reminisce about the Bulls, Lakers, and Celtics of old.

::)

Ari_gold

• Getbig II
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2007, 07:33:34 PM »
how bout them ratings??? even lebron cant help the NBA..grab the le'broom
Greed and disgust

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2007, 09:11:32 PM »
Spurs are now just one win away from being a DYNASTY!!!!. Shaq got swept in his first finals series so LeBron shouldn't be too despondent if it happens.

SERGIO!!!!

Ari_gold

• Getbig II
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2007, 09:57:18 PM »
Spurs are now just one win away from being a DYNASTY!!!!. Shaq got swept in his first finals series so LeBron shouldn't be too despondent if it happens.

SERGIO!!!!
yeah but shaq had penny, kobe and wade, to help him later, when lebron opts out of his contract his going to be like garnett...he will take all the salary cap and have larry hughes.
Greed and disgust

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2007, 10:14:36 PM »
yeah but shaq had penny, kobe and wade, to help him later, when lebron opts out of his contract his going to be like garnett...he will take all the salary cap and have larry hughes.

When LeBron opts out, he needs to go back home, to the Knicks ;D.

SERGIO!!!!

Ari_gold

• Getbig II
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2007, 11:17:52 PM »
Na, Isiah thomas has fucked that teams for the next 6 years, there still paying Allan houston..he should go out west.
Greed and disgust

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2007, 09:26:52 AM »
Spurs are now just one win away from being a DYNASTY!!!!.

4 rings, 2 *'s

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2007, 11:57:09 AM »
4 rings, 2 *'s

hahaha bitter jealousy ::)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2007, 12:49:39 PM »
hahaha bitter jealousy ::)

If Stern worked for me, I could win a ring, too. 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2007, 03:28:33 PM »
so where was stern last season when everytime we got a lead on dallas the refs would give dirk free throws? the guy shot like 20 ft's a game during that series. everytime we got a lead here comes the free throws for dirk. that was the worst officiated, most blatantly biased officiating ive ever seen since ive been watching the NBA, even announcers/analysts were pointing it out. the league CLEARLY wanted dallas to advance and not the spurs. last season they even changed the rules on how to call games to favor all offensive teams in order to PREVENT and ELIMINATE defensive games like the spurs. thats why the 2 teams that made the finals last year were both big-market teams, both completely unworthy, having had help from the league to get there, as was PROVEN this year when BOTH of last year's finals competitors  were utterly destroyed and humiliated beyond belief in the first round.
last year was the year the outcomes were tampered with, as PROVEN by the fact that the 2 teams that made the finals were
1. huge-market big name teams
2. helped by extremely shady officiating (after the mavs were helped past the spurs they then got the recieving end when D-WADE SHAQ AND MIAMI were favored and D-WADE got all the calls as any even casual observer is well aware of.
3. both finals teams including the 'champion' were utterly beaten in the first round this year, never happened before in NBA history, proving that LAST YEAR was the travesty.

why would stern help tim duncan? who cares if he likes him personally? hes a businessman first and foremost and helping a small market team with no huge media icons is NOT going to help him make more money.
your reasoning is extremely pathetic and shows ignorance on the subject of NBA basketball so great that i cannot believe that you have even watched a single game

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2007, 06:04:40 PM »
so where was stern last season when everytime we got a lead on dallas the refs would give dirk free throws? the guy shot like 20 ft's a game during that series. everytime we got a lead here comes the free throws for dirk. that was the worst officiated, most blatantly biased officiating ive ever seen since ive been watching the NBA, even announcers/analysts were pointing it out. the league CLEARLY wanted dallas to advance and not the spurs. last season they even changed the rules on how to call games to favor all offensive teams in order to PREVENT and ELIMINATE defensive games like the spurs. thats why the 2 teams that made the finals last year were both big-market teams, both completely unworthy, having had help from the league to get there, as was PROVEN this year when BOTH of last year's finals competitors  were utterly destroyed and humiliated beyond belief in the first round.
last year was the year the outcomes were tampered with, as PROVEN by the fact that the 2 teams that made the finals were
1. huge-market big name teams
2. helped by extremely shady officiating (after the mavs were helped past the spurs they then got the recieving end when D-WADE SHAQ AND MIAMI were favored and D-WADE got all the calls as any even casual observer is well aware of.
3. both finals teams including the 'champion' were utterly beaten in the first round this year, never happened before in NBA history, proving that LAST YEAR was the travesty.

why would stern help tim duncan? who cares if he likes him personally? hes a businessman first and foremost and helping a small market team with no huge media icons is NOT going to help him make more money.
your reasoning is extremely pathetic and shows ignorance on the subject of NBA basketball so great that i cannot believe that you have even watched a single game

Don't even try explaining this to someone that doesn't want to believe it. Inferior teams and fans always pull the ref card. They say how biased it is towards the Spurs even though Duncan didn't go to the line till the 4th quarter and Lebron can run through whoever he wants yet Ginobli jumps into the an unset defender ala James, Nash, Kobe, AI, etc. to draw a foul, yet gets called for a piss-poor offensive foul. There is always bad calls in every game. If you just are looking for one teams bad fouls you aren't seeing the whole game.

I like that Pop and Mike Brown never complain in public about the refs unlike that little bitch D'antoni.

I remember when everybody used to get on me that my favorite team was soft and weak. Remember when Rome would call the Admiral the Little Mermaid? Now that we are winning we went from soft to dirty.

Maybe every other team is now soft?