Author Topic: What Ever Happened To The Bush Administrations "Color Coded" Terror Warning?  (Read 3603 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
I don't talk about this stuff because I don't wanna give some on here ammunition but...guys are sick of this crap...nobody minds smoking badguys but rolling down roads and getting IED'd is friggen stupid. When the Iraqi folks your training are so damm worthless u know it won't get done unless u do it..it kinda sickens u. These folks wanna kill themselves..let em.

I appreciate and respect your honesty.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
If they told these guys, go take down that house or we'rte going to fight that fat Fuck Al Sadr..they will ina heartbeat.......but riding downa road and getting blown up....its like being sucker punched. Everybody here lifts...we all have an ego of some sort..well if a 120 prick hit ya with a bat from behind and u ended up in a wheelchair and may never get a chance to get the lillte bastad u'd go nust..thats Iraq. When we went into Falujha we fucked em up......nobody to really hit back at with an IED attack.
L

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
really?

i quote you here..

so ya musta felt some kinda terror..

i wasn't even concerned..  :-\

a red terror alert day meant traffic would be better for me  :)

if there is a draft..man o man..people like you (repbs) r the ones that r gonna suffer..

for me..its been there..done that..

I'm not sure how that quote infers fear, he asked if terror threat was gone. I was simply implying since there have been no more attacks then yes it must be gone. I don't think they have actively done anything but the world knows that the republicans will retaliate and that helps to keep it away. What do I have to worry about? I live in montana! Why am I considered a repub simple because I think that party is tougher on defense?I prefer the way that Democrats don't harp as much on what is censored on tv/radio. Does that make me a dem?

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
This war ends in a NY minute if the Repugs start getting drafted.

Who do you think is in the military now?

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
Kinda a vague statement there.  Across the board, enlistment, and re-enslists are down, and we don't have enough military personnel.  Plus grads aren't serving as they used to.  Stats show this across the board - less people are joining.  ALso requirements are being laxed.

But hey, if a generic statement like "people are Re-Enlisting" makes you feel better, by all means, use it everywhere!  But be aware that LESS are re-enlisting.

Less people are joining because the size of the military is being cut, we aren't recruiting as many, however all goals are bwing met. Same with re-enlistment, the numbers look down because they are cutting 40,000 from the AF for instance, however the goals are being met.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Kinda a vague statement there.  Across the board, enlistment, and re-enslists are down, and we don't have enough military personnel.  Plus grads aren't serving as they used to.  Stats show this across the board - less people are joining.  ALso requirements are being laxed.

But hey, if a generic statement like "people are Re-Enlisting" makes you feel better, by all means, use it everywhere!  But be aware that LESS are re-enlisting.

Stop it, Mr. Hate isn't interested in facts, only anti-liberal propaganda.

BTW, my favorite of the Bush Administration Terror Alerts was the directive to keep our eyes open for anything suspicious. LOL

I love the idea of citizens cruising our highways searching for anything that doesn't look right.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Well we're trying to grow the Army and the Marines so...somebody is going to have to join.
L

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
Well we're trying to grow the Army and the Marines so...somebody is going to have to join.

You haven't heard of blue to green?

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
Stop it, Mr. Hate isn't interested in facts, only anti-liberal propaganda.

BTW, my favorite of the Bush Administration Terror Alerts was the directive to keep our eyes open for anything suspicious. LOL

I love the idea of citizens cruising our highways searching for anything that doesn't look right.

I enjoyed the duct tape fiasco.  ;D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Yeah i think we crossed over the 1200 guy mark on that..we need 50,000 Joes and another Marine Div worth of guys. Blue to green helps but its not enough.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
2500 guys in ira doing all this damage, according to gen. mccaffrey.

incredible that our 300,000 men (combined us forces and contractors) cannot flush em out and plug em in a week, much less 4 years :(

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
2500 guys in ira doing all this damage, according to gen. mccaffrey.

incredible that our 300,000 men (combined us forces and contractors) cannot flush em out and plug em in a week, much less 4 years :(

If you only had any idea how wars are fought I would agree with you

240 is Back

• Getbig V
If you only had any idea how wars are fought I would agree with you

I've read clauswitz and sun tzu.  i have not served.  This argument is about macro tactics, not micro, where one who served would have experience, so disparaging my lack of experience should be followed by you delivering your credentials on nation-scale planning, or you backing off that front. 

Now... we have a 100 to 1 man advantage, the support of the local govt, and a huge technology and unlimited resource advantage.  Additionally, we have the ability to entrench in any position we choose as we fight their urban guerilla tactics.  We should not be losing.  Four years, we should have starved, isolated, bribed, located, intel'd, and killed 2500 pricks by now, many of whom end themselves daily by suicide bomb.

Laughing Sam's Dice

• Getbig IV
  • $12.95 per monthman
When we went into Falujha we fucked em up

Yes, American soldiers killed lots of civilians.  Proud of that?  All because 4 American mercenaries from Blackwater got what they deserved.
Stick out your tongue.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
We leveled the place because they had it coming..those guys were hero's defending a convoy. The Marines went in to exact a bit of revenge for that and alot more.
L

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
I've read clauswitz and sun tzu.  i have not served.  This argument is about macro tactics, not micro, where one who served would have experience, so disparaging my lack of experience should be followed by you delivering your credentials on nation-scale planning, or you backing off that front. 

Now... we have a 100 to 1 man advantage, the support of the local govt, and a huge technology and unlimited resource advantage.  Additionally, we have the ability to entrench in any position we choose as we fight their urban guerilla tactics.  We should not be losing.  Four years, we should have starved, isolated, bribed, located, intel'd, and killed 2500 pricks by now, many of whom end themselves daily by suicide bomb.

Can you show me one battle that we have lost? One battle where they took more casualities than we did? One time that we failed to root them out of a hole they were trying to defend? They take our lives with roadside bombs, not bullets. What did clauswitz and sun tzu have to say about dealing with IEDs? I am sure you know that if we were figthing conventional warfare we would have  wiped them out along time ago.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
SZ and claus wrote of sneak attacks of an urban insurgency method.  whether it be planted bombs or men putting hemlock in the water supply, it's nontraditional battlefield techniques and involves much more than "leveling fallujah to teach them a lesson" as someone wrote here yesterday.

Intel.  resource feed.  public morale/support.  these things are broken, and i believe by design, to prolong the war so we can finish the oil evac.  period.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
It was me..anyway Falujha was neccesary.....some Civilians were killed but u nver heard a huge outcry because we told them to get out and by and large they did. Now I'm not saying thats how we need to do business every time but it sends a message. The problem is we are very uneven with our responses.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
is falujah a peaceful place today?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
We leveled the place because they had it coming..those guys were hero's defending a convoy. The Marines went in to exact a bit of revenge for that and alot more.

You should read your own words.

"Leveled the place because they had it coming..."

Come on man, we're the good guys.

At least, we're supposed to be.

Destroying infrastructure, ruining lives and possibilities? When did it all come down to shit like that?

Did you know about that part of the deal when you signed up in the military?

I don't blame you hh6. Not for a second. It's our political leaders that lacks balls and courage, as well as moral, to do the right thing.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Ok well Falujha was a complex issue..we had planned it for months....went it backed down..and then went in again after the "Blackwater bridge incident", more as a catalyst. This was early in the insurgency and we were trying show consistancy with our actions..or atleast sending a message to the bad guys. We pulled out a few months earlier and that emboldened the enemy. I think if we were more consistand and really hammer the bad guys and then watch what we do as we treat civi's it would send the right message to the populace.
L

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
I do not consider every democrat a lib...far from it.  

Nor do I consider every Republican to be a "Repug" .........as in repugnant.

Libs are to the far left.

Repugs are to the far right.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Ok well Falujha was a complex issue..we had planned it for months....went it backed down..and then went in again after the "Blackwater bridge incident", more as a catalyst. This was early in the insurgency and we were trying show consistancy with our actions..or atleast sending a message to the bad guys. We pulled out a few months earlier and that emboldened the enemy. I think if we were more consistand and really hammer the bad guys and then watch what we do as we treat civi's it would send the right message to the populace.

What's your best memory from being in Iraq,

and what is the worst?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

The Enigma

• Getbig IV

How many DU rounds do you estimate we utilized in that city, and what will the long term effects be to both the GI's and the surviving civilians??

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Not many as DU is a huge waste of money on non-armored targets..It goes right through mostly eveything with not much of a bang..more DU during Desert Storm.

I had many guys load up on HE rounds..we figured we'd see more lite skinned crap then tracks.

Craziest moment was ..we had encountered some infantry  and some of my guys were going after them. I was on the radio calling in the contact and screwing with my map... and my gunner was pretty much running thing on the track. Well some hero in a tank comes rolling ouyt of a junk yard..i doubt he ever even knew there were M1's around...he was bugging out. Well I saw him first and swung the gun over to him....at the same time a few of those guys my own troops had been chasing came out of alley and were bugging out..dropping weapons etc as they had M1's chasing em.. My gunner swung the tube back over to engage them,..so we're both yelling and finally i had to kick his helmit, My loader figured we were dead. The idiot in the tank sort a stopped...I finally got the tube over and my gunner smkoed him from about 75 yards or so...Spung the turret 20 feet in the air. Very scary...thought i shit myself.
L