Author Topic: Reese Hoffa and Adam Nelson, double in the shotput for USA at Athletics Worlds  (Read 2162 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Hoffa is one helluva athlete. Very impressive.
As empty as paradise

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Any good vids on these two?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
Any good vids on these two?

(The big shots are in the first round)

Early clip of Hoffa:
As empty as paradise

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Crazy technique involved! I was unaware of the weight of this implement (16lbs.). It hits the ground like its 100lbs.

Hedge, what is the training like for these guys? Gym work, cardio, implements....

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
Crazy technique involved! I was unaware of the weight of this implement (16lbs.). It hits the ground like its 100lbs.

Hedge, what is the training like for these guys? Gym work, cardio, implements....

It's a bit similar to that which Olympic Weightlifters uses in that it's focused on dynamic strength.

Lots of work with the shot put of course, where they sometimes can work up a series, doing maybe 3 shots with differently weights: 10lbs, 12lbs, 14 lbs, 16 lbs, 18 lbs, 20 lbs. Other times, they may do just a regular serie of shot put.

There are also certain excersises, such as two-handed overhead-throw, that shot put athletes uses in practice.

Different Olympic lifts, such as hang cleans, snatches, C&J, et al.

Plyometric training, eg jump sequences, steps.

Their focus is on to stay explosive really.

But the gym work leans towards Olympic lifting.

As empty as paradise

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
I would imagine they get a lot of recovery time. 3 day split aside from conditioning exercises? Im not farmiliar with splits that olys follow but I know the movements.