Author Topic: jimmy spanks the entire MD crew  (Read 3354 times)

davidpaul

• Getbig V
Re: jimmy spanks the entire MD crew
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2007, 02:03:04 PM »
I don't like any boards with a mentality!  Sounds like MD is being the same as how Mayhem used to be...ironage was such that I felt immediately ostracized by virtue of not being an ironager.  My banning was ridiculous like you said, mainly because I was only really banned for having a opinions different from the norm - not for being disrespectful or rude or anything like that.  Sounds a lot like what's going on with you and MD!

I will contend that if people like you and I are getting banned from boards, there is really something wrong with the board.  Honestly, we are both reasonable and respectful posters - there is no reason why we should ever be banned from a board.  Granted, sometimes Ron is maybe a little TOO liberal, but I prefer that over a dictatorship for a forum.

good post Matt.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2007, 01:27:20 AM »
I don't like any boards with a mentality!  Sounds like MD is being the same as how Mayhem used to be...ironage was such that I felt immediately ostracized by virtue of not being an ironager.  My banning was ridiculous like you said, mainly because I was only really banned for having a opinions different from the norm - not for being disrespectful or rude or anything like that.  Sounds a lot like what's going on with you and MD!

I will contend that if people like you and I are getting banned from boards, there is really something wrong with the board.  Honestly, we are both reasonable and respectful posters - there is no reason why we should ever be banned from a board.  Granted, sometimes Ron is maybe a little TOO liberal, but I prefer that over a dictatorship for a forum.

Good post....

To me it also seems that by encouraging the 'same opinions' you end up with many posters being of similiar demographics, which makes for less interesting conversations. Where as here at Getbig we have age ranges, varied races, numerous nationalities, juicers & nattys, ppl who compete & ppl who think competing is 'teh gay', reasonable posters & 'internet warriors' etc.. which all make for varied opinions which keeps things interesting.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2007, 02:01:26 AM »
I can think of a good reason to ban people from a board - someone like Matt who doesn't give a shit about Getbig but only use it to suck it dry and get users to his own board. Coming to Ron house and piss in it.

Most boards would have deleted him the very first day. So yes I agree, Ron is TOO liberal.
Z