The Swami predicted Dennis James. I predicted Darrem Charles before he pulled out. Lift predicted Desmond Miller, but that was way back in March before the Ironman deadline.
Right now, it is as follows...
So here goes, the predictions…
1) Desmond Miller - this guy is a rookie, this guy is huge, this guy has the hype behind him, and this guy is MD’s man - cover of the magazine, and MD is in New York, and this is their hometown, and thus, Desmond should win by default. Oh, hell no, not a rookie. Why him? Because he looks good, and he has been preparing for this show, and his destiny is here.
2) Of course, Branch Warren will have no part of this destiny crap, for Branch’s failure at the Arnold will not happen here. Look for a sharp, crisp Branch who is going to regain what he didnt get at the Arnold Classic.
3) Dennis James. Never count out Dennis. For those who say he isnt ready, Dennis James has been in the gym in New York for a week making sure no time or jet leg will affect him. Dennis is big, a powerhouse, and will easily qualify for the O.
4) Craig Richardson. Everybody counts out Craig. Why. Because. But I think Craig might be the dark horse here… and qualify for the O. Then again, oh well..
5) King Kamali. It is his time. It is his destiny. It is his fate in 2007 to qualify for the Olympia, to prove to the naysayers that the King is back, and bigger and with a smaller stomach than all of 2006. No more powerlifting for the King, his mind is pure bodybuilding. King’s hometown is New York and they love him there. If he doesn’t make the top 5, the place will riot.
6) Dennis Wolf. I am big, I am bad, I am bigger - and this year I am ready to stun the audience. Okay, I said that before, but this year, I really, really mean it. I want to go to the Olympia and prove that in the past, it wasnt my time. But this year is my time. And King, get out of my way, that top five placing is mine.
7) Silvio Samuel - I just saw him at Koleseum Gym training away, and this guy can really do damage. Most likely place in the top five, and qualify for the O. So why isn’t he in the top 5. I don’t know… He should be. But will he be overlooked in New York. After all, this is New York, not Texas, and can he retain his physique from the early shows. Yes. Silvio in the top five. Very easily. http://blog.bodybuilding.com/ProAmContests/category/pro-am/new-york-pro/