Author Topic: Rob Waller's All-American Wrestling Camp  (Read 1499 times)

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • myspace.com/babyhercules1914
Rob Waller's All-American Wrestling Camp
« on: May 16, 2007, 06:22:07 AM »
Dear coaches and parents,
My name is Gene Johnson, and I am the Co-Head Coach at Jonesboro High School in Jonesboro, GA(Atlanta suburb). If you have not committed to any camps during the week of June 4-8, 2007, Rob Waller's All-American Wrestling will be hosted by Jonesboro High School. If you have never heard of Coach Rob Waller, he is the Pennsylvania national freestyle coach. He is also a 2 time Olympic Trials finalist in the 1972 and 1976. At the 1972 Olympic Trials his only loss came at the hands of none other than Dan Gable. He lost to Gable by only 1 point!!! Our team attended his camp in Virginia last year and I found the techniques he taught to be very beneficial to my wrestlers. Jonesboro finished 2nd in the region this year to the state champion Stockbridge Tigers.
  Coach Waller brings with him a staff of six clinicians. Many of whom are college national champions, Olympic hopefulls, and All-Americans. Last year Iris Smith, 2005 Women's World Champion at 158 lbs(and a fellow high school alumnus of mine), was a clinician at Waller's camp. Sammy Hazewinkle, a 2008 Olympic hopefull, Oklahoma University wrestler, and son of an Olympic Gold Medalist traveled with Coach Waller to the Virginia camp last summer.
  Troy Letters, the assitant coach of Princeton University and 2004 NCAA champion at 165 lbs. will be joining the staff of coaches at the camp. Just a little info on Coach Letters:
He is a 2006 graduate of Lehigh Universty. Letters wrestled in the NCAA tournament all four years in college placing 2nd as a freshman, 1st as a sophomore, and third as a junior making him an All-American three times. He also won the EIWA championship all four years while at Lehigh. For his career Letters Letters posted a 115-9 record.
Its not too late to get your wrestlers signed up for the camp. The online registration has been extended to May 22, 2007. Just go to http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1433619 and click on it. If your wrestlers choose to mail their payments please have them do so by May 22, 2007. Make payments by money order.
  If you are interested please email me back and I will mail, fax, or email you the pamphlet to give to your wrestlers. Coaches that have 5 or more wrestlers attending the camp can receive a discount on additional wrestlers.