Author Topic: How's our Iraq invasion working out?  (Read 7745 times)

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
Re: How's our Iraq invasion working out?
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2007, 10:34:48 AM »
It's a war to the likes no one has ever seen, the rape, tourture and robbery is all done by the insurgents,

All because the mental midget in the WH was bent on war with a country that was no threat to the USA.

As Colin Powell said "you break it....you own it"

Bush OWNS Iraq.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2007, 11:20:34 AM »
All because the mental midget in the WH was bent on war with a country that was no threat to the USA.

As Colin Powell said "you break it....you own it"

Bush OWNS Iraq.

He was already an obvious imminent threat to the region and quite possibly the security of every western country in the world.  Would you rather have waited until he was an IMMINENT threat to us?  Just curious.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2007, 11:33:03 AM »
He was already an obvious imminent threat to the region and quite possibly the security of every western country in the world.  Would you rather have waited until he was an IMMINENT threat to us?  Just curious.

Saddam was not.  Saddam was a predictable bully we had our thumbs on, just looking for any excuse to invade.   He wasn't a threat to anyone in his situation before the invasion.   

Look at a couple of points:

-  His government was not motivation, influence or controlled by religious fanatics
-  By the very nature of a dictator he was not going to do anything that would cause him to lose his power which would include:  Invading another country, using WMD's against another country.

Saddam was a brutal evil person but he wasn't stupid and he knew what would cause him to lose his power.

As a result look at the mess we've created:

-  Unstable country on the brink of full scale civil war.
-  Increased terrorism
-  No reasonable solution in sight
-  400 billion in debt and counting with no way out.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2007, 11:42:30 AM »
Wow, 99%?! That's a pretty tight statistic to be sighting as evidence...any links to back this back this up?

With the surge , the plan was to base guys in neigborhoods...nota bad ideaz. gte to know the folks, who belongs who doesn't. It will alow the guys to make alliances with the local sheiks. The Army is also deploying the cougar and their hard as hell to blow up.
L

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2007, 01:06:58 PM »
Saddam was not.  Saddam was a predictable bully we had our thumbs on, just looking for any excuse to invade.   He wasn't a threat to anyone in his situation before the invasion.   

Look at a couple of points:

-  His government was not motivation, influence or controlled by religious fanatics
-  By the very nature of a dictator he was not going to do anything that would cause him to lose his power which would include:  Invading another country, using WMD's against another country.

Saddam was a brutal evil person but he wasn't stupid and he knew what would cause him to lose his power.

As a result look at the mess we've created:

-  Unstable country on the brink of full scale civil war.
-  Increased terrorism
-  No reasonable solution in sight
-  400 billion in debt and counting with no way out.

You mean like invading Kuwait, slaughtering Kurds in the north with WMD's? 

Wow, you're amazing.  You've ignored everything that's ever happened in Iraq or that region before 2003.

As far as increased terrorism and the potential for civil war, since when were these NOT factors in a full scale war?  And let's not forget that while we slaughter terrorists and Islamic fanatics over there by the thousands we've greatly hampered their ability to murder where THEY would want to kill our men, women and children abroad.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2007, 01:21:08 PM »
You mean like invading Kuwait, slaughtering Kurds in the north with WMD's? 

Wow, you're amazing.  You've ignored everything that's ever happened in Iraq or that region before 2003.

As far as increased terrorism and the potential for civil war, since when were these NOT factors in a full scale war?  And let's not forget that while we slaughter terrorists and Islamic fanatics over there by the thousands we've greatly hampered their ability to murder where THEY would want to kill our men, women and children abroad.

No I haven't ignored a thing,  the only thing i did was not confuse it with what was happening at present when we invaded.

Are you so narrow minded that you can't count back to 1991 from 2003?  Much had changed since Saddam invaded Kuwait and gassed the Kurds.  But I'm being reasonable and that's not acceptable in warmongering from an easy chair.

Also was our goal to increase terrorism?  Was our goal to put Iraq on the verge of civil war?  No.  And all wars do not have these results, in fact most don't.
Again, don;t confuse the terrorist activity in Iraq.....they are there because WE made it EASY for THEM to be there and KILL us.  the borders are open there, just like in Mexico!  So let's not get confused.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2007, 01:49:46 PM »
It's a war to the likes no one has ever seen, the rape, tourture and robbery is all done by the insurgents, strapping bombs on and blowing themselves up where innocent people are like pizza parlours and weddings, hiding in places like hospitals and schools, like I said, it's was that NO ONE have ever seen!!

The atrocities of Iraq aren't even in the same ballpark as hideous war crimes committed during the civil war in Rwanda.

At least 1/2 million Tutsis were killed by the Hutus. And rapes, chopping of arms, and other disgusting acts were committed more times than either you or I could care imagine of.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2007, 01:54:40 PM »

How was Iraq a threat to the United States? 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2007, 02:12:14 PM »
Dammit Decker RESPECT MY AUTHORITIIIII ;D
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2007, 02:17:44 PM »
Dammit Decker RESPECT MY AUTHORITIIIII ;D
Sir yes sir!.

Shit, it's been out a long day.  I need a rest.

Have great one HH.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2007, 02:21:15 PM »
I will,  be safe bro..up to my ass in boring paperwork..i think if we dumped all the paperwork Uncle Sam generates, on Iran..not to kill..but to make em do it, they'd just surrender.
L