Author Topic: Brian Chamberlain needs some serious advice  (Read 6729 times)

Stavios

Re: Brian Chamberlain needs some serious advice
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2007, 02:41:27 PM »
agree that you looked a little flat Brian, I think it hurt you

very shredded tho  :o

I am sure you can correct it for the next show

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2007, 02:44:40 PM »
thanks bro!

In my thread concerning MY top 6 you were def in mind but after looking it over you were in about the right place, I def think though that you have the potential to be much higher. Your a new pro and I have confidence that you will be one of the few to improve upon your IFBB qualifying look. If not this year I see you in the O by next year if you continue to improve. You have one of the most complete packages out there today.
I

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2007, 04:41:40 PM »
haven't looked at the contest pics yet. but them pics he posted on here about a month ago was very impressive
DAWG

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2007, 04:52:25 PM »
How odd, Lisa's jumping into another thread that has nothing to do with her.....you're trying way too hard to get a little attention, it's starting to become sad. The insecurity/self esteem issue is really starting to show through, give it a rest

P.S.  Your constant banter with doublechinfather is making you look even worse

First off, sweetie, i was not "jumping into another thread that has nothing to do with me"...i responded to Starks post about it being removed...well, well, well lookie there, mine was deleted too (and personally i don't care)...so then Stark went off on a different subject and i answered his question. That's all. Then someone came on and played a little more with me and so on...i was just following suit.
I apologize that i have not personally given you that SPECIAL attention that you are craving on this board...i will try to follow your posts more closely. ;)

By the way, i thought Brian looked good.

Lisa

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2007, 04:57:31 PM »
yeah i would say that i was a little flat if anything...  i came way down from 230 to 193. Competing last year at 200 i think i was a little flat.

I am not a pro judge but I am veteren amatuer judge and can understand your concern as a pro in the brutal comp in the IFBB ranks. I think trying to worry about body wt is a MISTAKE. Simply go in and look your overall best. Sounds cliche' but I think too many guys try to worry about body wt compared to other guys. Frank Zane may be old school but he won 3 Mr O's by sticking with the physique that worked for him.
Plus, lots of us fans enjoy seeing the smaller but class physiques at pro events.
You have fans Brian, just remain true to yourself and your brand of physique. That is all any top bodybuilder can or should do.  All the best, are you doing the Colorado show?   Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2007, 07:22:59 PM »
your a joke dude.... 

co-signed on that.  I thought you looked great Brian.  I don't remember you from b4 this show (not trying to offend)  I thought you were one of the standouts from the show, and definitely had you ahead of King.  Keep pluggin away bro, and your time will come.  your pre show pics on the patio were sick!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2007, 07:27:17 PM »
yeah i would say that i was a little flat if anything...  i came way down from 230 to 193. Competing last year at 200 i think i was a little flat.

Brian, coming in heavier does not necessarily mean bigger. The weight will most likely make you lose symmetry and give you a bigger waist. Just my opinion bro.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2007, 07:44:05 PM »
7 lbs makes a difference,i like ur build a real thick,dense powerhouse look,after seeing the pre contest pic's i had u figured at least 7-10 in placing's.i downloaded the contest pics from md and was suprised,u looked good and shape was their,certainly lean and hard enough,but the few wks out pics your physique looked skinned,could have been outdoor light from sun accentuated it,your build had that wow look.you'll nail it.

BrianChamberlain

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2007, 09:09:09 PM »
I am not a pro judge but I am veteren amatuer judge and can understand your concern as a pro in the brutal comp in the IFBB ranks. I think trying to worry about body wt is a MISTAKE. Simply go in and look your overall best. Sounds cliche' but I think too many guys try to worry about body wt compared to other guys. Frank Zane may be old school but he won 3 Mr O's by sticking with the physique that worked for him.
Plus, lots of us fans enjoy seeing the smaller but class physiques at pro events.
You have fans Brian, just remain true to yourself and your brand of physique. That is all any top bodybuilder can or should do.  All the best, are you doing the Colorado show?   Howard

you make a good point....  and i agree...  not as much worried about what i weigh as i am placing better. you know how it is..................  I dont think any of us compete wanting anything less the 1st. Yes, i have already gotten my travel arrangements and and lodging taken carre of... Looking forward to it. I have never been to colorado before and i hear its nice...  I also heard that its a great venue..............   

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2007, 09:36:36 PM »
Great to see you here Brian man! Looking great in NY bro!!! Keep up the good work and best of luck for the rest of the year! ;)

Luke Wood

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2007, 09:45:02 PM »
I'll pass on the "special attention" Lisa, you've clearly got the market cornered.....hell, with a face like that, you better take all the attention you can get babe   :-\

:-*

Lisa ;)

BrianChamberlain

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2007, 09:47:02 PM »
co-signed on that.  I thought you looked great Brian.  I don't remember you from b4 this show (not trying to offend)  I thought you were one of the standouts from the show, and definitely had you ahead of King.  Keep pluggin away bro, and your time will come.  your pre show pics on the patio were sick!

not offended at all...  thanks for the comments... that was actually my parents deck i was on while my wife was taking pics. I was 205 in the pics.  I had a junk meal friday night then stopped my water and the pics were takin around 4pm...  I think its just a matter of getting my timing down with regard to reintroducing carbs.

later bro

BrianChamberlain

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2007, 09:49:13 PM »
Great to see you here Brian man! Looking great in NY bro!!! Keep up the good work and best of luck for the rest of the year! ;)

Luke Wood

big luke, whats up man...  been seeing lots of you in the mags! good stuff bro!  Hows training under milos's instruction?

Good luck to you as well bro

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2007, 10:02:37 PM »
any heavier and you could be competeing in the ms. olympia good luck dont let the women dwarf you hope this helps
i

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2007, 11:09:18 PM »
you looked bette rin your three weeks out pics   one word   FULLER

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2007, 04:22:52 AM »
any heavier and you could be competeing in the ms. olympia good luck dont let the women dwarf you hope this helps

hater....use these fools as motivation Brian.you get your timing down you'll be fine.
DAWG

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2007, 05:07:03 AM »
your a joke dude.... 

perhaps you should compare some of your photos to those of Kai Greene and it might dawn on you that you were soft, you have very little separation and you are covered in varicose veins. did i mention that you are 4'10? the only way you can make any noise is by being as shredded and dry as Kai Greene was for instance.

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2007, 05:18:28 AM »
big luke, whats up man...  been seeing lots of you in the mags! good stuff bro!  Hows training under milos's instruction?

Good luck to you as well bro

Hello Brian!! ,man im just resting up for the a while and enjoying a little offseason!! :)!! Thankyou, the exposure is always great!!! Its great working under Milos and i look forward to a HUGE year in 2008 with him!!

Take care and get it up Brian! ;)

bigtraps

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2007, 05:32:17 AM »
thanks bro!

Looked good, but just knew you'd get screwed.

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2007, 09:27:48 AM »

hater....use these fools as motivation Brian.you get your timing down you'll be fine.
HEY YOU LITTLE PUSSYFART DID YOU WIPE THE GLAZE OFF YOUR FINGER FROM THAT DOUGHNUT YOUR EATING FATBOY,BEFORE YOU TYPED THAT LAME REPLY.......INQUIRING MINDS WANNA KNOW
i

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2007, 11:27:28 AM »
HEY YOU LITTLE PUSSYFART DID YOU WIPE THE GLAZE OFF YOUR FINGER FROM THAT DOUGHNUT YOUR EATING FATBOY,BEFORE YOU TYPED THAT LAME REPLY.......INQUIRING MINDS WANNA KNOW

you must no have visited the fat peoples lack of will power thread.I'm a supporter of the fat extermination camps chump.
DAWG

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2007, 01:43:54 PM »
Brian was the best looking of the non-freaks & got the highest placement among them at the NY Pro.  Many fans prefer his look to the freaks' look.  The Europa under 210 show would be a good one for him to compete in. 

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2007, 01:51:37 PM »
you make a good point....  and i agree...  not as much worried about what i weigh as i am placing better. you know how it is..................  I dont think any of us compete wanting anything less the 1st. Yes, i have already gotten my travel arrangements and and lodging taken carre of... Looking forward to it. I have never been to colorado before and i hear its nice...  I also heard that its a great venue..............   

Wanting nothing less than first (1st) is the right attitude and drove you to being able to get a pro card.
It is a judged sport however and the worst thing a top bodybuilder can do is to stray away from his basic "look".
Many of us that are long time fans feel that has sheer mass as the trump card has been a WRONG turn for the sport.
Besides, from a fans point of view, having 10 or more top pro level physiques of different types in top condition on the same stage is an incredible SHOW.
Will you have a booth of some kind at the expo to meet and greet fans and sell pics?
Thanks, and good luck, Howard

BrianChamberlain

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2007, 06:48:53 PM »
Wanting nothing less than first (1st) is the right attitude and drove you to being able to get a pro card.
It is a judged sport however and the worst thing a top bodybuilder can do is to stray away from his basic "look".
Many of us that are long time fans feel that has sheer mass as the trump card has been a WRONG turn for the sport.
Besides, from a fans point of view, having 10 or more top pro level physiques of different types in top condition on the same stage is an incredible SHOW.
Will you have a booth of some kind at the expo to meet and greet fans and sell pics?
Thanks, and good luck, Howard

I hear you.... And i agree with the getting too much mass can blow your shape etc. but i think i can handle a little more across the chest area. I agree too that having all types of physiques competing does make it more interesting. That is why i had been asking what they are looking for so that i can know what to change. I had gotten some good advice from chick which seemed sincere. Basiclly to polish what i have and make it better. 

I will be at the expo for the keystone walking around to say hello etc. But i am afraid i have not reserved a booth.

Make sure to introduce your self.

Take care bro

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2007, 07:16:18 PM »
I hear you.... And i agree with the getting too much mass can blow your shape etc. but i think i can handle a little more across the chest area. I agree too that having all types of physiques competing does make it more interesting. That is why i had been asking what they are looking for so that i can know what to change. I had gotten some good advice from chick which seemed sincere. Basiclly to polish what i have and make it better. 

I will be at the expo for the keystone walking around to say hello etc. But i am afraid i have not reserved a booth.

Make sure to introduce your self.

Take care bro
Thanks for the reply and while my gf and I will be in Colorado for Shawn's show we won't be at the Keystone.
I think that under 210 at the SW in AUG  as was already suggested) would be ideal for you this year.
On a personal note, while I respect the mass monsters for having that much muscle, I will never forget seeing a rock hard Vince Tayler doing that robotic terminator routine years back. In my opinion , one the most impressive shots EVER on a bodybuilding stage was when ol' Robby Robinson did that kneeling single bicep shot at the start of Pumping Iron. Zane was my ideal Mr O.  I also think that posting on get big and various other boards will be a good way to develop a fan base.
All the best, Howard in Ga.