Author Topic: too much gore in rambo 4....  (Read 1976 times)

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
too much gore in rambo 4....
« on: May 20, 2007, 02:01:03 AM »
i am shocked to see this in a sly movie.sly never made those gore fest movies.although i am a huge gore fan but is this gonna entertain the people?.i mean gore movies are never a big hit in hollywood.but in my opinion this movie rocks.sly is going balls to the walls in this movie :P
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

MM2K

• Getbig IV
Re: too much gore in rambo 4....
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 03:36:56 AM »
Like I said in the other Rambo thread, this trailer is "The Big Fuck You" to the PG13 DIEHARD4. Be happy that Stallone is turning up the heat in this one. He could have gone the other way and made a PG13 Rambo. That would have sucked. But he has made a film that could actually be in danger of an NC17 rating if he doesnt make some cuts.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 06:31:23 AM »
back to the good old days when action movies risked being banned (and often was, in many countries)  8)
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 10:58:36 AM »
It's gonna be great!
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 12:43:11 PM »
Can't wait. Long live Rambo!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 02:45:19 PM »
i am shocked to see this in a sly movie.sly never made those gore fest movies.although i am a huge gore fan but is this gonna entertain the people?.i mean gore movies are never a big hit in hollywood.but in my opinion this movie rocks.sly is going balls to the walls in this movie :P

that's the movie business these days, the more blood and guts the better, the last two Rambo's were satisfied at just showing guys getting machine gunned from a distance without all the heads getting chopped off, throats getting torn out and bodyparts flying everywhere, Hollywood is going to shit.

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 02:54:13 PM »
yes, that movie is A ok in my book.  Can't wait

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 04:26:14 PM »
I love that line.....

"When you're pushed, killing's is easy as breathing."

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 10:12:47 PM »
that's the movie business these days, the more blood and guts the better, the last two Rambo's were satisfied at just showing guys getting machine gunned from a distance without all the heads getting chopped off, throats getting torn out and bodyparts flying everywhere, Hollywood is going to shit.

I get the feeling that's gonna change, soon.

Tarantino's Grindhouse movies tanked at the box office despite a massive marketing effort. This is the kind of thing that sends a message to the suits in Hollywood that people are tired of over the top violence, at least for the time being.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 10:19:52 PM »
I get the feeling that's gonna change, soon.

Tarantino's Grindhouse movies tanked at the box office despite a massive marketing effort. This is the kind of thing that sends a message to the suits in Hollywood that people are tired of over the top violence, at least for the time being.

I just read an article about that. They are making tons of horror films lately, but it seems the goriest ones aren't making as much money. It said when you see Luke Wilson or Hillary Swank in a horror film, its obvious that the studios are only interested in making money and it's not going to be very scary/gory- (Tarantinos words). I am not sure they are going to tone it down though, movies like Hostel still cost next to nothing and make a lot. But mainstream movies will most likely be toned down.
E