Author Topic: Let's hear the justifications for this one. I dare you.  (Read 5078 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Re: Let's hear the justifications for this one. I dare you.
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2007, 11:50:13 AM »
as a matter of fact, isn't Clinton the one who signed the original order?

Gee, a wingnut confronted with blatant and appalling evidence of a Bush crime trying to weasel out of it by blaming Bill Clinton for something. Never saw that one coming...  ::)

And as further evidence of the rank intellectual dishonesty of these shits: Note how Redstate.com, while finding time to bitch about how the 400th anniversary of Jamestown isn't being properly observed by white-hating PC goons, was just a little too busy to acknowledge the existence  of Comey's testimony in any way.

All of you are almost beneath contempt... but not quite.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2007, 11:54:31 AM »
If u have nothing to hide then why worry...I'm pretty sure nobody here has a back pack nuke. If this is against the law..change the law. In this case and in today's invirnmnet I don't think this is too much to ask. Individual liberties mean nothing if we all glow in the dark. Your lives are all worth giving Uncle Sam a chance to stop these pricks from killing your kids.
L

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2007, 11:55:08 AM »
Bush himself can listen in on all my calls if he wishes.  Then again, i'm not a criminal.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2007, 11:57:45 AM »
Thats my point..u won't be targeted. I am sure their were abuses and I'd like to see what they deal with. i bet it was in the collection of information on other crimes that they shoehorned into violations of the patriot act.
L

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2007, 12:01:07 PM »
Your lives are all worth giving Uncle Sam a chance to stop these pricks from killing your kids.

Who, the Iraqi's?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2007, 12:06:18 PM »
It's through fear that we can lose our individual liberties.  That's why pure democracies almost always turn into dictatorships. 

A republic must maintain it's laws that provide reasonable protection from abuses.  Illegal wire tapping or wire tapping with out accountability to protect the rights of citizens leads down a dark path. 

Of course if you have nothing to hide why worry?  That's not what i'm worried about.  It the potential for abuse is what i'm worried about.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2007, 12:06:38 PM »
No..the other guys.....OBL and he's friends of course. The guys who were really responsible for 911 (240..shush) not these idiots we're being distracted by now.
L

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2007, 12:07:57 PM »
It's through fear that we can lose our individual liberties.  That's why pure democracies almost always turn into dictatorships. 

A republic must maintain it's laws that provide reasonable protection from abuses.  Illegal wire tapping or wire tapping with out accountability to protect the rights of citizens leads down a dark path. 

Of course if you have nothing to hide why worry?  That's not what i'm worried about.  It the potential for abuse is what i'm worried about.

Today, it's terrorists... tomorrow, it's political dissenters... This is a slippery and dark slope people are saying is "ok" to tread down.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2007, 12:10:13 PM »
I hear ya man..I do but i think in this case we gotta do something.
L

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2007, 12:12:50 PM »
I hear ya man..I do but i think in this case we gotta do something.

You work within the system... You get a warrant because you have reasonable suspicion... Get a judge to sign it... BOOM, done.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2007, 12:14:40 PM »
Fine simplify the process and avoid PC crap getting in the way of these guys doing their job.
L

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2007, 12:15:44 PM »
Fine simplify the process and avoid PC crap getting in the way of these guys doing their job.

I'm find with that also... It doesn't need to be difficult. It just needs to be fair and legal.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2007, 12:29:40 PM »
Bush's violation of FISA has nothing to do with security of our nation.

He had 3 days to get a warrant after the search itself.

Bush just ignored the law.

FISA was put into place to guard against abuses of power by having a secret court review any use of the governmental wiretapping.

How does it guard against presidential excesses?

It requires that a warrant for the search be granted from a secret court within 3 days of the search.

The president merely asserts that, as president, he is above that law.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2007, 01:55:01 PM »
Bush's violation of FISA has nothing to do with security of our nation.

He had 3 days to get a warrant after the search itself.

Bush just ignored the law.

uhh... BILL CLINTON!

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2007, 03:47:32 PM »
Ribonucleic

Don't you have anything better to do with your enlightened, socially redeeming life then read through left wing websites all day, cut and paste articles you find, post them on here (for all of the political boards 10-20 readers), and then insult the intelligence of everyone who may disagree with you or believe that America is a force for good in this world?  Surely, when you are on your death bed in xx amount of years, won't you wish you had spent your youth doing something a little more exciting/worthwhile? 

Valhalla awaits.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2007, 03:49:42 PM »
and then insult the intelligence of everyone who may disagree with you or believe that America is a force for good in this world?

I think everyone will agree America is a force for good.  It's our Government thats the problem.
S

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2007, 03:52:51 PM »
Surely, when you are on your death bed in xx amount of years, won't you wish you had spent your youth doing something a little more exciting/worthwhile? 

Just knowing I irritated you enough to post that is its own reward.  :)

And seeing you confirm the indefensibility of your position by yet another pathetic ad hominem attack is just the cherry on the sundae.  ;D

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2007, 03:59:42 PM »
I think everyone will agree America is a force for good.  It's our Government thats the problem.

Well since the newly elected congress ratings are lower than Bush's.................

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2007, 04:06:27 PM »
Well since the newly elected congress ratings are lower than Bush's.................

I find that very difficult to believe actually... I've seen the polls too, but I just can't imagine why.

This congress has definitely not had the opportunity to do any of the boneheaded things that Dubya has.... Just seems odd to me.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2007, 04:12:06 PM »
I find that very difficult to believe actually... I've seen the polls too, but I just can't imagine why.

This congress has definitely not had the opportunity to do any of the boneheaded things that Dubya has.... Just seems odd to me.

I'll give you two reasons why............Harry Reid and Nancy Polosi, that should be reason enough!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2007, 04:14:05 PM »
I'll give you two reasons why............Harry Reid and Nancy Polosi, that should be reason enough!

I don't see what either one has done that has been as bad as some of the Bushisms.

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2007, 04:18:58 PM »

I find it weird that Bush was expected to have been able to stop the worst terrorist attack in history in his first 9 months, but nearly 6 months into this new congress and they "haven't had time?" Why then would you believe that they would be any quicker to pull out troops if elected president? Before you reply remember I am not a Bush fan and am ready for him to leave.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2007, 04:30:28 PM »
I find it weird that Bush was expected to have been able to stop the worst terrorist attack in history in his first 9 months, but nearly 6 months into this new congress and they "haven't had time?" Why then would you believe that they would be any quicker to pull out troops if elected president? Before you reply remember I am not a Bush fan and am ready for him to leave.

Well, my first item is that I don't think they are related.

Stopping an attack and ending a war are two different things. Stopping an attach which you have information about is one thing, while stopping a war (when you have basically taken it upon yourself to be the police of an entire country) is something else entirely.

Even IF you relate the two, which I can not do myself, I would have thought the fact we never finished our first war (Afghanistan) before undertaking another one,  would have to be the biggest bone headed move ever.

To relate to Iraq... I don't believe anyone will just "pull out" of Iraq... It's just not possible right now... because of the creation of a war which shouldn't have happened anyway.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2007, 04:40:27 PM »

They're worthless too..

They forgot about checks and balances. They're more concerned about non-issues, like steroid use in sports.  ::)

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2007, 06:14:29 PM »
I don't see what either one has done that has been as bad as some of the Bushisms.

Pure speculation because I haven't had time to hear too much about it, but I'd say they haven't done anything they said they were going to do and I really think that people are just simply tired of all the negative blasts about the war and the administration, the polls are showing that we have two evils and the best of the two evils is ahead in the polls and rightfully so!