Author Topic: Bob Chick - Athlete's Representative?  (Read 216983 times)

Scooby

• Getbig II
  • Can you dig it?
Re: Bob Chick - Athlete's Representative?
« Reply #1150 on: June 05, 2007, 10:02:19 AM »
That explains the time for the "THOUGHT and Research" you put into your posts. ;D

Shawn... of course he has time in between, do you know the kinda of hand cramps you get from cutting those bars with a hacksaw... it's brutal, so long breaks are a must.  Typing stretchs the hands and eases the cramping which explains the lengthy posts.

(Footnote: Vince invented the hacksaw)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #1151 on: June 05, 2007, 10:13:52 AM »
Shawn... of course he has time in between, do you know the kinda of hand cramps you get from cutting those bars with a hacksaw... it's brutal, so long breaks are a must.  Typing stretchs the hands and eases the cramping which explains the lengthy posts.

(Footnote: Vince invented the hacksaw)

Vince dates fat chicks, scoob.....believe me...he has hands of steel and a vice grip from kneeding all that dough..!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1152 on: June 05, 2007, 10:23:09 AM »
don't mean to sound lacking in culture, but if i'm wearing a tie i'm getting laid/paid/both for it. i'm not wearing anything just for some old fashioned bullshit tradition.

ok, so i lack culture. :-\

flexnfemme

• Getbig II
« Reply #1153 on: June 05, 2007, 12:11:29 PM »
Bob,

What I'm talking about is a chat not on a public site or a public forum, I know of very few pros who even go on those at all...it's all between athletes and not the kiddies.  Like I said, someone needs to really get their mind into business and off of these boards to take care of business.  Email/snail mail/Telephone all the IFBB bodybuilders, inform them of the what/when/where and handle your "meetings" this way.  In my business if we were to send "minutes" to our employees they'd fall asleep.  Inefficient use of time, nothing gets accomplished. Send an outline of discussion, stick to it.  Short, sweet, hard to beat. 

These things are fun to peruse once in a while, but to conduct business on?  I'd be out of business if I did that.  Of course, we're all within the same city...

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1154 on: June 05, 2007, 06:43:16 PM »
Bob I AM having fun, beleive me. Your endless supply of inaccuracies is most entertaining.

Nothing I have stated is innaccurate

"the IFBB does not selectively enforce its rules."
"no wait, the IFBB can enforce whatever rules it chooses"

The rules are the rules...if they are broken , the individual case is looked at and a decision is rendered...no different than the court of law...you still have yet to show me where the rules have been selectively enforced, as you are claiming.

Chick in case you haven't figured it out yet, you have performed what is commonly known as a self-contradiction.
Based on your own words it seems that you cannot decide whether or not the IFBB selectively enforces its rules.

Well Chick, you can't have it both ways. Sorry to say that you have been extremely inaccurate, not to mention misleading.

I've been neither...you just don't understand what is written...not my problem.

The constitution states "This constitution governs only amateur sport"
right below it. Does this now also apply to the pros because you said so?

No, the Code of Ethics are for all, as the "IFBB Pro league" is a part of the IFBB....they are listed right under the constitution...look it up meathead...

No need to get upset, I simply followed your directions and made it quite apparent that your argument has no backing.
You first talked about a code of conduct which doesn't exist or at least you can't seem to tell me where it exists

I told you exactly where it is...you cant see....CODE OF ETHICS

Actually you told me where to look up the constitution, which, for the 10th time, applies only to amateurs.
Then you talked about a constitution which, according to the website, only applies to amateurs
and now you are telling me about how the code of ethics allows certain rules in the rule book to broken, and others to be enforced at all times?

Once again, you cant seem to comprehend...they are TWO DIFFERENT ENTITIES.

TWO different entities which according to you, one entity’s vagueness can be applied to the other entity. Doesn’t sound very different to me.

Bob could you tell us exactly where the in the rulebook the IFBB distinguishes between rules followed (i.e. Lee's suspention) and rules not followed (unethical use of perfomance enhancing drugs).

Still waiting for the answer on this one

Still the same answer...
The rules are followed..show me where they arent.

Still the same answer? Creating a smokescreen to hide the fact that rules being broken?

Section 8
Rule 8.1

please explain what the IFBB is doing to enforce this rule.

That onus is up to the IFBB...not me, and certainly not the athletes...if they wish to test...thats their right...if they dont...they don't.

So the IFBB is turning a blind eye to rule 8.1, while readily enforcing other rules…aka selective enforcement of rules.

Very good Chick, I didn’t think you would finally admit that the IFBB rule book is somewhat of a joke.

The rules state quite clearly, the IFBB reserves the right to drug test, and anyone found in violation may be subject to fines/ suspention.

IF they test, and IF someone fails, then they are subject to the rules.....ask Shawn if they've ever enforced it.

All you're doing is showing your ignorance and lack of comprehension skills...keep going fool.

All your doing is showing us how much of a joke the IFBBs rule book is, while providing comic value with your weak arguments

Your knowledge of law and how to interperet it, are grade school level at best...stick to posting bullshit.

Your knowledge of the English language and ability to interpret simple sentences varies with how badly it would make your organization look. Stick to the MC gigs and your radio show, as you speak a lot more intelligently than you write.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1155 on: June 05, 2007, 08:19:19 PM »
Bob I AM having fun, beleive me. Your endless supply of inaccuracies is most entertaining.

The rules are the rules...if they are broken , the individual case is looked at and a decision is rendered...no different than the court of law...you still have yet to show me where the rules have been selectively enforced, as you are claiming.

Chick in case you haven't figured it out yet, you have performed what is commonly known as a self-contradiction.
Based on your own words it seems that you cannot decide whether or not the IFBB selectively enforces its rules.

Still waiting for your examples....as stated previously...the RULES are NOT selectively enforced as I gave examples.

Well Chick, you can't have it both ways. Sorry to say that you have been extremely inaccurate, not to mention misleading.

No, the Code of Ethics are for all, as the "IFBB Pro league" is a part of the IFBB....they are listed right under the constitution...look it up meathead...

No need to get upset, I simply followed your directions and made it quite apparent that your argument has no backing.
You first talked about a code of conduct which doesn't exist or at least you can't seem to tell me where it exists

Actually you told me where to look up the constitution, which, for the 10th time, applies only to amateurs.
Then you talked about a constitution which, according to the website, only applies to amateurs
and now you are telling me about how the code of ethics allows certain rules in the rule book to broken, and others to be enforced at all times?

Here you go..not that difficult:

www.ifbbprofessionalleag ue.com

look under RULES

TWO different entities which according to you, one entity’s vagueness can be applied to the other entity. Doesn’t sound very different to me.

I never said anything like that...

Bob could you tell us exactly where the in the rulebook the IFBB distinguishes between rules followed (i.e. Lee's suspention) and rules not followed (unethical use of perfomance enhancing drugs).

Still the same answer...

Still the same answer? Creating a smokescreen to hide the fact that rules being broken?

Section 8
Rule 8.1

That onus is up to the IFBB...not me, and certainly not the athletes...if they wish to test...thats their right...if they dont...they don't.

So the IFBB is turning a blind eye to rule 8.1, while readily enforcing other rules…aka selective enforcement of rules.

As I stated...they reserve the right to test, and they have in the past, as evidenced by many guys who have failed the test and been subject to fines/ suspention. Nowhere does it say that EVERY show will be tested, or any timeframe.Very good Chick, I didn’t think you would finally admit that the IFBB rule book is somewhat of a joke.

The rules state quite clearly, the IFBB reserves the right to drug test, and anyone found in violation may be subject to fines/ suspention.

IF they test, and IF someone fails, then they are subject to the rules.....ask Shawn if they've ever enforced it.

All you're doing is showing your ignorance and lack of comprehension skills...keep going fool.

All your doing is showing us how much of a joke the IFBBs rule book is, while providing comic value with your weak arguments

Your knowledge of law and how to interperet it, are grade school level at best...stick to posting bullshit.

Your knowledge of the English language and ability to interpret simple sentences varies with how badly it would make your organization look. Stick to the MC gigs and your radio show, as you speak a lot more intelligently than you write.

You keep telling yourself that.....and I'm still waiting for those examples you insist on...WHERE ARE THEY?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1156 on: June 05, 2007, 09:32:25 PM »
Bob who is the president of the IFBB and NPC currently.

IFBB- Raphael Santonja

NPC- Jim Manion

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #1157 on: June 05, 2007, 09:36:36 PM »
IFBB- Raphael Santonja IFBB Pro League- Jim Manion

NPC- Jim Manion

fixed
Ron: "I am lazy."

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1158 on: June 05, 2007, 09:45:46 PM »
fixed

Jim Manion- Chairman/ Pro league

fixed

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1159 on: June 05, 2007, 10:58:49 PM »
Bob, with every post you secure your legend status!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1160 on: June 06, 2007, 01:08:05 AM »
We all know what goes on at some contests. Whoever is called out in the first comparison group is 2, 1, 3. It shouldn't be like that but if someone is making the decision to call out the 'right' competitors the judges know who to place in the top 3. That might partly explain why so many results have seen the top guys get the same votes from the judges. That is unlikely in a close contest. The IFBB judges again at the finals and at that time the errant judges can correct their 'mistakes'. Even the IFBB system of rating judges is invalid. You cannot assess performances by comparing individual judge's placings to final order. The so-called divergent system is invalid because the judge who diverges might be the only one placing the best person first. The IFBB assumes the judges get it right and therefore if you don't agree with the majority you are not a good judge. Even their system sucks.

At the very least all contests have to be seen to be fair. They have to provide a system where the call outs are selected by random choice of judges. Wonder if Bob will take this to the next meeting?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1161 on: June 06, 2007, 09:15:06 AM »
We all know what goes on at some contests. Whoever is called out in the first comparison group is 2, 1, 3. It shouldn't be like that but if someone is making the decision to call out the 'right' competitors the judges know who to place in the top 3. That might partly explain why so many results have seen the top guys get the same votes from the judges. That is unlikely in a close contest. The IFBB judges again at the finals and at that time the errant judges can correct their 'mistakes'. Even the IFBB system of rating judges is invalid. You cannot assess performances by comparing individual judge's placings to final order. The so-called divergent system is invalid because the judge who diverges might be the only one placing the best person first. The IFBB assumes the judges get it right and therefore if you don't agree with the majority you are not a good judge. Even their system sucks.

At the very least all contests have to be seen to be fair. They have to provide a system where the call outs are selected by random choice of judges. Wonder if Bob will take this to the next meeting?

The callouts ARE selected by a random choice of judges....

It's not one of your machines, Vince...overly complicated and confusing....it doesn't take a genius to figure out who has the best physiques from the start.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1162 on: June 06, 2007, 09:38:47 AM »
Seems to me Dennis Wolf in New York and Ronnie Rockel in Colorado might not agree with you, Bob.

When I see the results of the Olympia over the years I wonder how come there was so much agreement. Either judges are preselected by who they prefer or some other process leads to many judges scoring the same way.

Can anyone honestly say Bev Francis got a fair go in all of the Ms Olympia contests she enterred?

Where did the IFBB find a swell guy like Bob? He knows how to answer all questions and keeps the IFBB in a good light.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1163 on: June 06, 2007, 09:55:57 AM »
Seems to me Dennis Wolf in New York and Ronnie Rockel in Colorado might not agree with you, Bob.

And Branch's fans think it was a great decision...and Kai's corner think he won easily....and my mother thinks I should have won every show I've ever been in....where we going with this one? NO decision will ever have 100% agreement...it's the nature of a sport judged on opinion and interpretation, much like ice skating or gymnastics...it is what it is.

When I see the results of the Olympia over the years I wonder how come there was so much agreement. Either judges are preselected by who they prefer or some other process leads to many judges scoring the same way.

Yes, the process is known as ..."knowing what you're looking at" and they use the best judges we have. God knows I've had my own issues with some of the decisions and the judging system itself...that's why I've been working to have it changed....

Can anyone honestly say Bev Francis got a fair go in all of the Ms Olympia contests she enterred?

It can be argued either way...there are those who think she should have been placed dead last.

Where did the IFBB find a swell guy like Bob? He knows how to answer all questions and keeps the IFBB in a good light.

I call it the way it is...some things I agree with...some things I don't. What I don't...I try and get changed, as my record will reflect.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1164 on: June 06, 2007, 10:16:55 AM »
that's bullshit Chick and you know it! >:(

i was just talking to your Mother the other day and she thinks you looked like a 'dirty slimy grease ball putana' in every one. she thinks you're too skinny and if you had eat her spaghetti meatballs with cheese sauce that she made for you "forra da special pre-contesta dieta" you "woulda makea flexa wheela looka likea fungu gorilla, but youa stooopida putana, neva listen to your mamma."

oh btw, she also said, "thata jim onion can sticka his contracta uppa his assa. i'ma gonna show as many of my baby chicky slides as i likea to whoeva i likea or data onion WILLA BE SLEEPING WITHA DA FISHES!"

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #1165 on: June 06, 2007, 10:24:31 AM »

The callouts ARE selected by a random choice of judges....

It's not one of your machines, Vince...overly complicated and confusing....it doesn't take a genius to figure out who has the best physiques from the start.

Manion does the callouts the way he wants to have them finished.  Thats a fact.  He has no business making callouts when he isn't even a judge.  He has no business being anywhere near the judges table.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1166 on: June 06, 2007, 10:51:27 AM »
Manion does the callouts the way he wants to have them finished.  Thats a fact.  He has no business making callouts when he isn't even a judge.  He has no business being anywhere near the judges table.

Rarely is Jim the head judge...it usually rotates between Jim Rockell, Sandy Rinaldi, Weinberger. The head judge actually has no vote, and tabulates the scores/ collects the callout requests from the other judges.

Do yourself a favor, Keith...and stick with what you know...the PDI.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1167 on: June 06, 2007, 11:20:26 AM »

Rarely is Jim the head judge...it usually rotates between Jim Rockell, Sandy Rinaldi, Weinberger. The head judge actually has no vote, and tabulates the scores/ collects the callout requests from the other judges.

Do yourself a favor, Keith...and stick with what you know...the PDI.

THEY NEED AND INDEPENDANT FIRM ADDING THE SCORES UP NOT ONE IFBB OFFICIAL SHOULD SEE OR TOUCH THE SCORE SHEET ONCE HANDED IN.......THAT WAY NO ONE WILL KNOW TILL THE MC CALLS OUT THE PLACINGS AT NIGHT......NONE OF THIS OH JAY IS IN THE LEAD BY SO MUCH AFTER PRE JUDGING OR SO AND SO HAS SO MANY POINTS ON SOMEONE ELSE..THAT SHIT SHOULD NOT BE GOING ON...BUT WE HEAR IT ALL THE TIME.....THAT SHOULD BE AN EASY FIX FOR YOU BOB PUT IT IN EVEN THOU I AM NOT AN IFBB ATLETE I AM SURE THE OTHER GUYS WOULD LIKE IT..

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #1168 on: June 06, 2007, 11:29:52 AM »
THEY NEED AND INDEPENDANT FIRM ADDING THE SCORES UP NOT ONE IFBB OFFICIAL SHOULD SEE OR TOUCH THE SCORE SHEET ONCE HANDED IN.......THAT WAY NO ONE WILL KNOW TILL THE MC CALLS OUT THE PLACINGS AT NIGHT......NONE OF THIS OH JAY IS IN THE LEAD BY SO MUCH AFTER PRE JUDGING OR SO AND SO HAS SO MANY POINTS ON SOMEONE ELSE..THAT SHIT SHOULD NOT BE GOING ON...BUT WE HEAR IT ALL THE TIME.....THAT SHOULD BE AN EASY FIX FOR YOU BOB PUT IT IN EVEN THOU I AM NOT AN IFBB ATLETE I AM SURE THE OTHER GUYS WOULD LIKE IT..
  agreed, all that shit about who's in the lead is unprofessional

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1169 on: June 06, 2007, 06:04:21 PM »
No, the results are leaked so that errant judges can correct their scores. That is why there is so much agreement at the finals. That is why Bev Francis never won a Ms Olympia even when she was ahead after the prejudging. Like I said, the system has to be fair and be seen to be fair. How come guys like Keith, who is connected to insiders, is making statements about Manion's involvement?

Lee's evidence is good enough for me. He is one of the few pros who is speaking out. The IFBB has evolved a system to make sure some guys and gals don't win or place high in contests. I don't like the idea of rejudging shows at the finals. We never did that and there should be no opportunity of judges to discuss decisions, etc. That is why there is agreement. You can't let the judges talk about the show or competitors and then know how each was placed before rejudging again. Especially in a system where the judges are rated according to consensus.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1170 on: June 06, 2007, 07:26:06 PM »
Chick,

let me make this easy for you/

Does the IFBB allow the use of illegal drugs for contest preparation?

Does the IFBB enforce rule 8.1 (drug policy)

note - in case you have never read the rule book (seems like it),

rule 8.1 is not in reference to drug testing, so you can stop bringing up shawn rays name.

Still waiting for your examples....as stated previously...the RULES are NOT selectively enforced as I gave examples.

Here you go..not that difficult:

www.ifbbprofessionalleag ue.com

look under RULES

I never said anything like that...

Still the same answer...

Section 8
Rule 8.1

As I stated...they reserve the right to test, and they have in the past, as evidenced by many guys who have failed the test and been subject to fines/ suspention. Nowhere does it say that EVERY show will be tested, or any timeframe.Very good Chick, I didn’t think you would finally admit that the IFBB rule book is somewhat of a joke.

You keep telling yourself that.....and I'm still waiting for those examples you insist on...WHERE ARE THEY?

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #1171 on: June 06, 2007, 09:02:21 PM »
  agreed, all that shit about who's in the lead is unprofessional

and that shit had been going on since Arnold years
I am a mini beast

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1172 on: June 07, 2007, 05:02:15 AM »
So Weinburger is on the disciplinary commitee of the ifbb but has been implicated in a steroid bust in New York if this is true wouldnt it be appropiate to ask him to stand down until he has a chance to clear his name.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #1173 on: June 07, 2007, 05:05:20 AM »
LOL   HUSH

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #1174 on: June 07, 2007, 08:10:13 AM »
Weinberger was not Implicated he was mentioned.
There is a differfence son ::)