Author Topic: Bob Chick - Athlete's Representative?  (Read 216944 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Re: Bob Chick is not my Repesentative
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2007, 06:06:27 PM »
this is what has to happen all IfBB pros will have to have a meeting and dictate the next move. 
Agreed but you know as well as anyone that it's easier said then done.

Unless you're saying the athletes didn't show up for the last meeting because of Bob.
Elevate Your Image.™

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2007, 06:06:58 PM »
Bob you can always join the squad if they give you the boot.

Bob is doing a great job, he isnt going anywhere  :)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2007, 06:07:32 PM »
I have always said that if someone wants to become the IFBB athletes rep, then declare that they want to be, and start collecting the votes. It is easy to talk, but being in that position is a tough position. So far, no IFBB pro men's bodybuilder has wanted to challenge Bob for the positions.  But Bob so far has been the one to take responsibility for it, and has done a good job.

Still, Melvin is quite interesting - hmm.. have any inspirations for a position.  See you at the seminar!

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2007, 06:09:08 PM »

Stavios

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2007, 06:09:34 PM »
I don't think melvin is proposing himself as the athlete rep

he only wants bob out of there !

Nuge

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2007, 06:09:50 PM »
I love how this is all about Bob AND Shawn, as if Shawn has any business being involved in anything except changing diapers these days.
Repent, or join me!

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2007, 06:11:32 PM »
Yeah ...If you ask Bob how's his job going ...He'll tell you fantastic! But ask him about what he's doing for the other bodybuilders..
Ask him what's fucked up and what is he going to do to fix it??

Make it happen ...and make it happen fast.... You know fix shit ..instead of talking about trying to fix it ..

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2007, 06:13:19 PM »
I have always said that if someone wants to become the IFBB athletes rep, then declare that they want to be, and start collecting the votes. It is easy to talk, but being in that position is a tough position. So far, no IFBB pro men's bodybuilder has wanted to challenge Bob for the positions.  But Bob so far has been the one to take responsibility for it, and has done a good job.

Still, Melvin is quite interesting - hmm.. have any inspirations for a position.  See you at the seminar!

amen

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2007, 06:14:02 PM »
I like Chick.  He's good for the sport.  It's my own opinion that ANY leader with an indefinite appointment will grow complacent in his duties as relationships solidify.  It's my opinion that they should rotate IFBB athlete reps every year.  I am sure that Rich jones, with his MBA, could stir the pot a little bit and shake out an Olympia prize money increase that isn't BELOW the inflationary rate.  I am sure that a Rick Collins (although not an athlete), could put into place a union system and medical (read: gear) protections, within a year, which would stop guys from getting screwed by the brass and popped by the popo. 

It's nothing against Bob, who I think is a good face of bodybuilding and did the right thing with the Titus mess by distancing Craiggers for the sport.  But fresh blood is good, and there are a lot of brilliant, experienced, and creative people in the sport who would be able to implement lasting changes given the opportunity.

(I posted this last week, but relevant now perhaps?)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2007, 06:16:31 PM »

Bullshit...obviously Melvin and Milos (as well as Lee Priest) don't feel that way.  ::)
!

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2007, 06:18:33 PM »
NICE THREAD I VOT GET RID OF BOB
i

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2007, 06:19:27 PM »
NICE THREAD I VOT GET RID OF BOB
YOU HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO SPELL VOTE FIRST CHUBBY
Enjoy your dish...

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2007, 06:20:31 PM »
Bob Chick where are you, and comments? Or is it time to hide?

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2007, 06:21:16 PM »
Bob Chick where are you, and comments? Or is it time to hide?

Why would he hide? ::)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2007, 06:22:31 PM »
Bullshit...obviously Melvin and Milos (as well as Lee Priest) don't feel that way

If they don't feel that way, let them push to become the Athlete's Rep.  Don't call bullshit on a discussion... discuss things. As for Lee Priest, he would be a great Athlete's rep for the PDI. Let's push Lee to become that, as he has indicated he doesn't want to be a part of the IFBB. It was his choice.

But Bob did a good job. You may not like it, but he does try and I have seen it with meetings for the athletes, talking to the athletes, pushing ammendments at IFBB meetings, and much more.  Shawn himself knows how hard it is to be the Athlete's rep.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2007, 06:23:43 PM »
As for Lee Priest, he would be a great Athlete's rep for the PDI. Let's push Lee to become that, as he has indicated he doesn't want to be a part of the IFBB. It was his choice.
Jack has that position Ronbo.

Elevate Your Image.™

Stavios

« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2007, 06:25:27 PM »
If they don't feel that way, let them push to become the Athlete's Rep.  Don't call bullshit on a discussion... discuss things. As for Lee Priest, he would be a great Athlete's rep for the PDI. Let's push Lee to become that, as he has indicated he doesn't want to be a part of the IFBB. It was his choice.

But Bob did a good job. You may not like it, but he does try and I have seen it with meetings for the athletes, talking to the athletes, pushing ammendments at IFBB meetings, and much more.  Shawn himself knows how hard it is to be the Athlete's rep.

Shawn should shut the fuck up he has nothing to do with the athletes now

why are you taking their defense Ron

Bob is doing a bad job as he is TOO CLOSE with the IFBB officials to have any credibility
you can't be friend with people you are doing business with
it doesn't work, never has never will

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2007, 06:25:52 PM »
yes Rhino has that position. Lee Priest shouldn't be in charge of anything

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2007, 06:26:37 PM »

But Bob did a good job. You may not like it, but he does try and I have seen it with meetings for the athletes, talking to the athletes, pushing ammendments at IFBB meetings, and much more.  Shawn himself knows how hard it is to be the Athlete's rep.   ::)  

let's hear it for the status quo!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2007, 06:27:57 PM »
Jack has that position Ronbo.

Oh yes, I forgot about that. The Rhino.

Not taking their defense at all. I think Melvin is a great guy, one of the best, I went to his wedding, took the pics, and I respect him tremendously. Same with Milos, his debates and discussions are great. But I have seen Bob work hard to get things done, and I give him that respect also. I won't take side, just call out what I see.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2007, 06:28:41 PM »
Shawn should shut the fuck up he has nothing to do with the athletes now

Bob is doing a bad job as he is TOO CLOSE with the IFBB officials to have any credibility
you can't be friend with people you are doing business with
it doesn't work, never has never will

Will you please take Milos balls out of your mouth little kid. You have no idea what you are talking about, so just stfu. How about you try to win a teenage show, son. Dont talk when grown folks are talking.

Stavios

« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2007, 06:29:29 PM »
but don't you think that Bob is a too friendly with the IFBB

he can't work for the athletes if he is buddy with the officials

what do you think ?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2007, 06:30:55 PM »
I won't take side, just call out what I see.

Good call.

I hope this thread develops into something good - not a bunch of namecalling and insults. 

Perhaps a good idea would be to run a second thread, where all the insults/digs could be moved, to keep this one (with its potentially historic nature) on focus?

Stavios

« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2007, 06:31:29 PM »
Will you please take Milos balls out of your mouth little kid. You have no idea what you are talking about, so just stfu. How about you try to win a teenage show, son. Dont talk when grown folks are talking.
I already won a teenage show sunshine  :-*

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2007, 06:33:57 PM »
Wow! Great thread!!!

BOB TSHIK PLEEEEZZZ DONT DILLEET THIS THRED IT IZ INTERTEINING!!!!