Author Topic: Diet Coke  (Read 3281 times)

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Diet Coke
« on: May 17, 2007, 02:42:53 AM »
im on a low carb diet, not being able to drink something sweet kills me but i read on the back of siet coke there are 0 carbs! can i actually drink this shit?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Diet Coke
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 03:44:06 AM »
im on a low carb diet, not being able to drink something sweet kills me but i read on the back of siet coke there are 0 carbs! can i actually drink this shit?

NO!!

Diet Coke is shit. Way too much phosphoric acid, all kinds of sweeteners. Stay away from it.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 04:24:02 AM »
NO!!

Diet Coke is shit. Way too much phosphoric acid, all kinds of sweeteners. Stay away from it.

I agree, I used to think it was ok to drink diet soda but after stopping them noticed i feel and look better.  Plus I hear that the phosphoris pulls calcium from your system and bones.  Also anything an aluminum can Iam leary about.

The sweeteners im ok with even though im sure water would be best, so I recomend those drinks like crystal lite.

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 04:54:34 AM »
NO!!

Agreed. Don't even smell that shit man, too much aspatame.

The used to use aspatame to kill POW's in Japan but found out it was too expensive and used syonide instead.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 04:57:32 AM »
I agree, I used to think it was ok to drink diet soda but after stopping them noticed i feel and look better.  Plus I hear that the phosphoris pulls calcium from your system and bones. Also anything an aluminum can Iam leary about.

The sweeteners im ok with even though im sure water would be best, so I recomend those drinks like crystal lite.

That's the main point. Also the CO2 isn't very good if you drink too much.

Agreed. Don't even smell that shit man, too much aspatame.

The used to use aspatame to kill POW's in Japan but found out it was too expensive and used syonide instead.

Yeah, aspartame is pure poison.

BTW, coke, especially diet coke tastes like shit.

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 05:03:59 AM »
That's the main point. Also the CO2 isn't very good if you drink too much.

Yeah, aspartame is pure poison.

BTW, coke, especially diet coke tastes like shit.

I used to drink regular coke, but I got fed up of the "dissolving teeth feeling" :-X after a while

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 05:10:57 AM »
I used to drink regular coke, but I got fed up of the "dissolving teeth feeling" :-X after a while

Yeah, the feeling is disgusting.

I haven't had any soda for about 8 years, i absolutely hate the taste of anything made by the coca cola factory or pepsi and the likes.  :-X :-X

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 08:55:20 AM »
I agree, I used to think it was ok to drink diet soda but after stopping them noticed i feel and look better.  Plus I hear that the phosphoris pulls calcium from your system and bones.  Also anything an aluminum can Iam leary about.

I know exactly what you mean. I stopped drinking pop/soda this year. I lost five pounds in about a week.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 12:49:02 PM »
S

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 12:56:03 PM »
I know exactly what you mean. I stopped drinking pop/soda this year. I lost five pounds in about a week.

hahahaha, how much pop were you fvcking drinking to lose 5lbs in a week after quitting? Ill slam a dew here and there but ive never lost a significant amount of weight just cutting pop.

Anyway, I tried to drink diet pop for something to stimulate the taste buds but it always, always made me feel like shit if i drank it consistantly. Crystal light is definately the way to go. 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 01:12:53 PM »

My dad would use it to clean the battery terminals on his cars.
:

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 02:27:06 PM »
hahahaha, how much pop were you fvcking drinking to lose 5lbs in a week after quitting? Ill slam a dew here and there but ive never lost a significant amount of weight just cutting pop.

Maybe one or two a day. IMO it was just water weight I had retained but who knows?

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 03:31:18 PM »
hmmmmmmmmmmm i drink like 2litres a day of diet fizzy (sprite zero , coke zero , diet energy drinks etc)

i know id find it hard to stop! but also curious to see what would happen if i went a week without it

is NON FIZZY diet drinks ok to try for this experiment?

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 04:28:11 PM »
hmmmmmmmmmmm i drink like 2litres a day of diet fizzy (sprite zero , coke zero , diet energy drinks etc)

i know id find it hard to stop! but also curious to see what would happen if i went a week without it

is NON FIZZY diet drinks ok to try for this experiment?

You probably will go through a with drawl and feel worse before feeling better....

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 04:38:03 PM »
 I hate that "sugar free" shit! It makes me feel SICK.
Hey, how long have humans been eating sugar? OK, how long aspartame been around?
 If your not fat, or trying to get riped, a real soft drink aint gonna kill you.

Ever notice how many REALLY FAT Peeps drink lots of that diet shit and STAY FAT?
I swear it causes extra water retention.

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 04:39:21 PM »
You probably will go through a with drawl and feel worse before feeling better....

i dont mind about that , more interested in weight (water loss?)

Dr. D

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 05:28:48 PM »
I hate that "sugar free" shit! It makes me feel SICK.
Hey, how long have humans been eating sugar? OK, how long aspartame been around?
 If your not fat, or trying to get riped, a real soft drink aint gonna kill you.

Ever notice how many REALLY FAT Peeps drink lots of that diet shit and STAY FAT?
I swear it causes extra water retention.

It's not water retention. I posted a while back that when you drink these diet drinks or anything with artificial sweetners , it will tell your taste buds that , " sweet stuff has arrived," which to the brain means, " nutrition has arrived." When the artificially sweetened drink or food reaches the small intestine, the receptors find no nutrition. A message is sent back to the brain saying, " There is nothing here, we've been tricked." The appestat (the part of your brain that triggers satiety) sends a message to " keep eating because we need nutrition to help process all this fake food and run our body."
 So they just tend to eat more and more crap food on top of that.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 06:41:22 PM »
It's not water retention. I posted a while back that when you drink these diet drinks or anything with artificial sweetners , it will tell your taste buds that , " sweet stuff has arrived," which to the brain means, " nutrition has arrived." When the artificially sweetened drink or food reaches the small intestine, the receptors find no nutrition. A message is sent back to the brain saying, " There is nothing here, we've been tricked." The appestat (the part of your brain that triggers satiety) sends a message to " keep eating because we need nutrition to help process all this fake food and run our body."
 So they just tend to eat more and more crap food on top of that.

Thanks, and that is exactly what they do... eat more crap!
I've just noticed way to many VERY FAT people who drink a lot of it.
Drinking It makes me honestly feel ill.Nausea/ Headache. I have low Body Fat naturally and tend to go hypo fast if I don't eat regularly.
That diet pop is poison  to me.  A little real sugar isn't going to harm me.
Even w/ out the science guy can tell somethings up w/ those "Diet" drinks.

Dr. D

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 06:50:16 PM »

Even w/ out the science guy can tell somethings up w/ those "Diet" drinks.

Yeah, who needs him anyway....... 8)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2007, 02:14:35 AM »
The Science Guy stole my car!

Slintowin

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • I saw you just the other day my how you have grow
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2007, 08:38:11 AM »
definetly no soda while on a diet of any kind any soda will bloat you anyways with the carbonation

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2007, 03:59:04 PM »
i dont agree, im dieting, and sometimes when im hungry, i drink diet-coke and my hunger goes away. the same thing with water, but diet coke tastes better.  but zero calorie is zero calorie. how can diet coke make you bloated?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2007, 04:01:17 PM »
i dont agree, im dieting, and sometimes when im hungry, i drink diet-coke and my hunger goes away. the same thing with water, but diet coke tastes better.  but zero calorie is zero calorie. how can diet coke make you bloated?

But you aint slaming 10 of these a day ?

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2007, 04:02:33 PM »
But you aint slaming 10 of these a day ?

2 glasses a day, and i use fake sugar in my coffee.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2007, 04:06:51 PM »
2 glasses a day, and i use fake sugar in my coffee.

And you care what you look like and what you put down. These fatties that guzzle the big jugs at our gas stations in the States do not.