Author Topic: PBW's 75th Show - JAY CUTLER (Listen On-Demand)  (Read 36325 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Re: Jay Cutler says to Ronnie - forget about it! It's over!
« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2007, 06:24:19 PM »
Of course, that's just a one-time champion's opinion.

A one-time white champion.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
Jay is probably 90 percent right about Ronnie but this shit about telling other bb'ers to stay off the internet is a joke, come on. ::)

WELL THEY ARE ALL TIGHT WITH MANION AND THE IFBB SO HE IS ONLY SAYING WHAT HE IS TOLD AND HEARD...WHAT A SHAME.....

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: Pro BBing Weekly - play by play - JAY CUTLER
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2007, 06:36:28 PM »
I agree. They need to find different new ways to make their $$$

Exactly.

In an industry so small, I don't understand how "exclusive contracts" really benefit the bbers.
HAHA, RON.....

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2007, 07:17:21 PM »
Exactly.

In an industry so small, I don't understand how "exclusive contracts" really benefit the bbers.

maybe by the large check they receive every month...

AVBG

« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2007, 07:29:55 PM »

I don't think that the segregation of the athletes to appear exclusively in mags benefits the wider pop of pro bodyuilders. This only benefits the upper echalon.. IF the IFBB did away with the exclusive contracts there'd be a greater pool of funds to share amongst all the bodybuilders.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: May 21, 2007, 07:33:45 PM »

I don't think that the segregation of the athletes to appear exclusively in mags benefits the wider pop of pro bodyuilders. This only benefits the upper echalon.. IF the IFBB did away with the exclusive contracts there'd be a greater pool of funds to share amongst all the bodybuilders.

Well...it is competition. Of course the best will get a bigger slice of the pie....THEY'RE THE BEST.

Without exclusive contracts, there would just be that many more bbers NOT making money...

AVBG

« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2007, 07:46:12 PM »
Well...it is competition. Of course the best will get a bigger slice of the pie....THEY'RE THE BEST.

Without exclusive contracts, there would just be that many more bbers NOT making money...

Bob, the top guys will rise to the top regardless of the exclusive contract as will the "harder workers", those are the ones who will make themselves available for shoots with minimal notice and who will compete more than twice per year.

Theres probably two dozen (tops) who have these big $$ contracts these are the guys at the top earning the six figures..

IF these contracts were gone, only the top guys who work hard will get the big bucks, this frees them up to appear in more mags and not limiting their earning potential.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2007, 08:14:40 PM »
Ronnie is always sour when someone win.

He was sour when Gunter won the GNC.

He was sour when Gustavo won the Challenge Round

He was sour when Jay won the Olympia
I am a mini beast

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2007, 08:28:26 PM »
jay cant hold a candle to ronnie, plain and simple...............thi s contest will the truth.....after ronnie wins its gonna be ronnie 9, jay 1.....................al l you jay cutler nut huggers need to stop it, seriously, jay is nowhere near the bber or strongman ronnie is...........flat out!!!!!!

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2007, 08:31:45 PM »
It's true that Ronnie may live out to be one of the greatest of all time but that's in the past. Currently Jay tops the charts and Ronnie should get out while his stock is still high.
I am a mini beast

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2007, 09:14:36 PM »
Thats true, ronnie never gave Jay any respect all those years.

Now Jays gonna shove another sandow down ronnies throat, and tell him to like it, and smile big for the camera. 8)

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2007, 09:27:27 PM »
It's over! It's done! Ronnie has zero chance of ever winning the title again. That is according to Jay Cutler on the radio.

When Jay Cutler won the 2006 Olympia, he was sick, not even at 100%, so now, there is no stopping Jay Cutler.

Jay Cutler is the man, the new and reigning king for a long time to go!

lol its funny how i posted on MuscleMayhem, saying that Jay needs to start talkin some smack to ronnie, to make things interesting, and now he does. Looks like he has been reading my posts ;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2007, 09:38:03 PM »
Bob, the top guys will rise to the top regardless of the exclusive contract as will the "harder workers", those are the ones who will make themselves available for shoots with minimal notice and who will compete more than twice per year.

Theres probably two dozen (tops) who have these big $$ contracts these are the guys at the top earning the six figures..

IF these contracts were gone, only the top guys who work hard will get the big bucks, this frees them up to appear in more mags and not limiting their earning potential.

But doesn't solve the problem of your original statement about making more money for more athletes....just the rich getting richer. Actually, it would make things worse...

thisiskeith12

« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2007, 09:47:06 PM »

But doesn't solve the problem of your original statement about making more money for more athletes....just the rich getting richer. Actually, it would make things worse...

It's nice for all participating athletes to get something, but you should get paid for how much you are worth. Peyton Manning makes $30 mil a year, mostly because he's the top quarterback in the league. That doesn't mean every quarterback should make that much.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2007, 09:52:20 PM »
It's nice for all participating athletes to get something, but you should get paid for how much you are worth. Peyton Manning makes $30 mil a year, mostly because he's the top quarterback in the league. That doesn't mean every quarterback should make that much.

Exactly....nor everyone on the team.

AVBG

« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2007, 09:56:57 PM »

I view it as giving the harder workers (who maintain good condition and enter more than 2 shows a year) an opportunity with photo shoots and covers that wouldn't be available because of the contracted in the stable would have got first shot.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2007, 10:06:42 PM »
I view it as giving the harder workers (who maintain good condition and enter more than 2 shows a year) an opportunity with photo shoots and covers that wouldn't be available because of the contracted in the stable would have got first shot.

I see what you're thinking...but people ARE rewarded with persistance and hard work, like the Dareem Charles' of the world.

Bottom line is...they are the same guys...the ones with the better physiques. Hard work doesn't neccessarily give you a better looking body, or make one more marketable.

AVBG

« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2007, 10:12:48 PM »
I see what you're thinking...but people ARE rewarded with persistance and hard work, like the Dareem Charles' of the world.

Bottom line is...they are the same guys...the ones with the better physiques. Hard work doesn't neccessarily give you a better looking body, or make one more marketable.

I concede Bob you make a valid point, particularly with your example of Dareem.. From what I know he doesnt have an exclusive deal with any mag yet save for the muscletech ads doesn't appear in a lot of magazines (AMI, MD, MMI, Ironman ect..) despite winning shows every year for the last 5 years and staying in good shape year round.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2007, 10:17:42 PM »
Right Bob, in other sports, say basketball, you can practice all you want but how talented you are will only get you so far. Some people are more talented than others, like Michael Jordan for example.

As long as the industry grows, more business grows and will in turn provide more opportunities for more bodybuilders.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #144 on: May 22, 2007, 02:07:38 AM »
It's true that Ronnie may live out to be one of the greatest of all time but that's in the past. Currently Jay tops the charts and Ronnie should get out while his stock is still high.

I agree. With all due respect to the 8 time Mr. O I hope he doesn't keep competing, and sliding lower and lower ala Nasser type thing. I really think he should retire soon and leave a strong 'legacy'.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #145 on: May 22, 2007, 02:48:14 AM »
jay has always been humble.he has never insulted anybody.he is a true champion who is talking like a champion.ronnie always used to talk smack about jay when ever somebody brought jays name up.jay has all he fuckin right in the world to diss this ape man.jay rulz and ronnie is gonna place at 5th place
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2007, 02:51:03 AM »
It's over! It's done! Ronnie has zero chance of ever winning the title again. That is according to Jay Cutler on the radio.

When Jay Cutler won the 2006 Olympia, he was sick, not even at 100%, so now, there is no stopping Jay Cutler.

Jay Cutler is the man, the new and reigning king for a long time to go!

So that's why his right side was dwarfed by his left ::)
I

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #147 on: May 22, 2007, 05:02:10 AM »
Jay didn't go on talk shows because "nobody thought he would win"?

All the PR guys he talked to said it wasn't good timing?

Ummmmmm....
He said it was because he was competing in Europe and making apperances after the Mr. O and after that it just cooled off..

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #148 on: May 22, 2007, 01:49:15 PM »

Okay, but in an industry where the bbers NEED as much exposure as possible, how does an exclusive photo contract benefit them?
HAHA, RON.....

thisiskeith12

« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2007, 03:57:11 PM »
Okay, but in an industry where the bbers NEED as much exposure as possible, how does an exclusive photo contract benefit them?

Some athletes in other arenas have certain exclusive clauses. In Terrell Owens' current contract, he is only allowed to speak on radio on his own radio show in Dallas. I guess it's an incentive where he gets guaranteed money for abiding by that rather than being allowed to speak on any show and not knowing how much $$$ he will get in return of that exposure. And of course, it gives him a much more controlled image by his management team.

It would be like having a job paying you $12 an hour rather than  being a waiter, as being a waiter you will have good nights and slow nights, whereas having a $12 an hour job you know what you are going to get regardless.