Author Topic: Bush Threatens Veto Over Troop Pay Raise, Military Widow Benefits  (Read 3870 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Bush Threatens Veto Over Troop Pay Raise, Military Widow Benefits
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2007, 03:54:10 PM »
Because he's an assclown who's wife rides his coat tails!

Yet she is more popular than any republican candidate so far.

Isn't it sad?

I don't know about you, but it makes me hungry, that's for sure.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2007, 04:06:28 PM »
Yet she is more popular than any republican candidate so far.

Isn't it sad?

I don't know about you, but it makes me hungry, that's for sure.

Honestly, I like crepes and Lemon Butter better....

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2007, 04:19:12 PM »
With the amount of money that the US spends on Defense, (even when unneeded) I think you should get MORE.

There's no reason the military can't get fucking 5 or 10 percent, plus better benefits for families of dead soldiers, and still get all of the equipment you need.

That's bullshit.

Are we there for the oil or not?

Fuck... at least get what you can out of it.

Anyone saying the military men don't deserve a raise are not thinking clearly... period. It's certainly not about the US budget... That's already fucked as is, so what's a few extra percentage points to their salaries.
I personally would dettle for tax free fuel at the Base fuel station. I mean without the military would we have  oil? We should get a discount.

Thanks Tu for supporting us

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2007, 04:23:27 PM »
I personally would dettle for tax free fuel at the Base fuel station. I mean without the military would we have  oil? We should get a discount.

Thanks Tu for supporting us

Don't thank me... no need.

I thank each and every one of you EVERY day.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2007, 04:39:13 PM »
Honestly, I like crepes and Lemon Butter better....

all terrorists like pastries.

We neotaints enjoy a far more patriotic food:

Purge_WTF

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2007, 08:18:19 AM »
  LOL, 240.  :D ;D

And when they're done with the hot dog, they can wash it down with.....

http://www.deathclan.com/fun/wayne/cup_of_stfu.jpg

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2007, 05:42:09 PM »
Under the repubs, the military loses 3400 folks in Iraq.  The war companies get RICH!
Under the dems, the military loses far less men, but the war companies don't get rich.

I guess you have to ask yourself - is Bush doing what the war companies (including cheney's haliburton) want, or what the people want (you know, the majority of americans who want us to leave iraq).?

Tell me, Rob, how many service men did we lose in previous wars compared to this one? Put things in perspective. No one ever said that this was going to be easy and unfortunately people die in military conflicts. It's just a very sad fucking reality and we are fighting an enemy that wants nothing short of global domination so we can all get our "durka durka mohammed jihad" groove on.

I can't figure you out, dude. You make previous statements supporting the war because it's in the interest of the United States then make posts like the one above.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2007, 06:10:36 PM »
of course we've lost less men.  But my post was about bush's motivation.

no offense, but "an enemy that wants nothing short of global domination" is pretty funny when we're the ones setting up bases in their yard hahaha...

of course i support the US grabbing all their oil. it is what it is.  But the VAST majority of them don't want "global domination".  They want us out of their yard.  I could give a shit either way, it's imperialism and it's gonna happen.  But for you to talk about how dangerous they are is amusing.  The laundry list of idiots Bush has paraded on TV of foiled attacks is hilarious.  Dishwashers who plan on bringing down towers.  Insane.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2007, 10:08:39 AM »
So, if the U.S. was to pack it up, close down all of our permanent bases in the Middle East and "redeploy" them to, say, Texas, Al-Qeada and all of the other groups and networks would just stop? Do you really believe that all they want is for us to leave Saudi Arabia or wherever the hell else we are in the M.E. ? I'm just asking for you opinion on this, I for one believe that they will see a pullout or complete withdrawl as a vindication of their overall strategy. But, if we stay, well, that sure does piss them off too.

And it's more like a giant Islamic Ciliphate so that they may begin what the Poles and Austrians stopped during the Battle Vienna, that is a mass expansion by military means. Except our enemies know that they cannot win by out right invasions led by actual states so they go about it through terrorism, and other such means. For some of the groups it may be that they do want us, or to turn some country back into a hardcore   Muslim state mired in the 7th century, and then there are the groups that want to push to crush Christianity and destroy the West. It's one hell of a situation.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2007, 10:30:23 AM »
So, if the U.S. was to pack it up, close down all of our permanent bases in the Middle East and "redeploy" them to, say, Texas, Al-Qeada and all of the other groups and networks would just stop? Do you really believe that all they want is for us to leave Saudi Arabia or wherever the hell else we are in the M.E. ? I'm just asking for you opinion on this, I for one believe that they will see a pullout or complete withdrawl as a vindication of their overall strategy. But, if we stay, well, that sure does piss them off too.

And it's more like a giant Islamic Ciliphate so that they may begin what the Poles and Austrians stopped during the Battle Vienna, that is a mass expansion by military means. Except our enemies know that they cannot win by out right invasions led by actual states so they go about it through terrorism, and other such means. For some of the groups it may be that they do want us, or to turn some country back into a hardcore   Muslim state mired in the 7th century, and then there are the groups that want to push to crush Christianity and destroy the West. It's one hell of a situation.
According to Ohio State political scientist John Mueller, the lifetime probability that international terrorists will kill any one American is a miniscule one in 80,000—about the same as the same person being killed by a comet. Of course, the chances are even lower if you are an American living in America (instead of overseas) and not residing in New York, Washington, Chicago, or Los Angeles. http://independent.org/newsroom/article.asp?id=1944

Terrorism expert Dick Clarke would characterize your contention that the Iraq war is keeping terrorists from following us home as illogical.
Put Bush's 'puppy dog' terror theory to sleep http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2007/04/25/2007-04-25_put_bushs_puppy_dog_terror_theory_to_sle_print.html
Of course, nothing about our being "over there" in any way prevents terrorists from coming here. Quite the opposite, the evidence is overwhelming that our presence provides motivation for people throughout the Arab world to become anti-American terrorists.

Bush's illegal invasion has created a breeding ground for Terrorists.  But terrorists still have to deal with financing (the US purportedly goes after nations that finance Al Qaeda), security (the US's police work is rather good), and logistics (there's a giant ocean between us and them). 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2007, 10:33:01 AM »
According to Ohio State political scientist John Mueller, the lifetime probability that international terrorists will kill any one American is a miniscule one in 80,000—about the same as the same person being killed by a comet. Of course, the chances are even lower if you are an American living in America (instead of overseas) and not residing in New York, Washington, Chicago, or Los Angeles. http://independent.org/newsroom/article.asp?id=1944

Terrorism expert Dick Clarke would characterize your contention that the Iraq war is keeping terrorists from following us home as illogical.
Put Bush's 'puppy dog' terror theory to sleep http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2007/04/25/2007-04-25_put_bushs_puppy_dog_terror_theory_to_sle_print.html
Of course, nothing about our being "over there" in any way prevents terrorists from coming here. Quite the opposite, the evidence is overwhelming that our presence provides motivation for people throughout the Arab world to become anti-American terrorists.

Bush's illegal invasion has created a breeding ground for Terrorists.  But terrorists still have to deal with financing (the US purportedly goes after nations that finance Al Qaeda), security (the US's police work is rather good), and logistics (there's a giant ocean between us and them). 

I wonder if John Mueller has ever spoken to the family members of any of the thousands of innocents killed on American soil by foreign terrorists? 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2007, 10:57:45 AM »
I wonder if John Mueller has ever spoken to the family members of any of the thousands of innocents killed on American soil by foreign terrorists? 
I don't know. 

How would that change his calculus?  I don't think he carried malice in his work.

Here's an interview he gave so you can make your own determination.  http://www.rochestercitynewspaper.com/news/profiles/TERRORISM%3A+John+Mueller+says+threat+is+overblown/comments/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2007, 12:13:05 PM »
I don't know. 

How would that change his calculus?  I don't think he carried malice in his work.

Here's an interview he gave so you can make your own determination.  http://www.rochestercitynewspaper.com/news/profiles/TERRORISM%3A+John+Mueller+says+threat+is+overblown/comments/

I read most of the article and don't think there is any malice involved.  I do think that while he is accusing the government of exaggerating the terrorist threat, he is at the opposite extreme and greatly understating the threat.