Author Topic: This board is . . .  (Read 4656 times)

Kolchak

• Getbig II
This board is . . .
« on: May 18, 2007, 11:27:24 AM »
 . . . dead.  It's too bad that some of the female bodybuilders who posted here were chased away.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: This board is . . .
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 12:10:19 PM »
. . . dead.  It's too bad that some of the female bodybuilders who posted here were chased away.
Thats because you have too many opinionated people that should have an open mind and not critisize these women harshly. They bash the crap out of them verbally. These women are atheletes too and  work very hard and should be treated differently. Brutal shame.

PB

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 12:25:58 PM »
I actually don't really recall any female bodubuilders being chased away except maybe S. Dunlap, very few have ever posted...I would be more than happy to have more, but getbig is definitely a harsh environment at times. However this board is still fairly new, so hopefully it will progress.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 02:00:21 PM »
I actually don't really recall any female bodubuilders being chased away except maybe S. Dunlap, very few have ever posted...I would be more than happy to have more, but getbig is definitely a harsh environment at times. However this board is still fairly new, so hopefully it will progress.
The bashing takes place on other boards.

PB

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 02:17:28 PM »
I like Sarah Dunlap, why she left is beyond me

Teagan still posts once in a blue moon
X

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 03:22:33 PM »
The bashing takes place on other boards.

PB

I know.

There has been much bashing for sure, it also slightly goes the other way as well at times. Most posts are just rude, but some do just state their opposing opinions respectfully. I love natural female bodybuilding but do not feel the drug abuse does our sport any justice, and do not like the mannish look that some have. I myself have been accused of being a 'female bb basher', and I never post disrespectfully merely state my opinion politely.

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 05:16:06 PM »
I'm surprised any women post at Getbig, it's a sport here to hate on women.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 10:32:27 AM »

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 01:49:07 PM »
I'm surprised any women post at Getbig, it's a sport here to hate on women.

I can't deny there is a bit of an anti-female vibe here, but on a personal level I'm in my 5th year here and have *never* expereinced it towards myself, so I always smile when people say that. 

Nice link Freespirit, thanks. I liked her sarcasm ;D

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 02:16:27 PM »
I'm still here! training hard getting ready for the Easterns in NY in November. What's frustrating about this site is that the boys that bash look like swimmers or just have no muscle at all.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 06:07:14 AM »
I'm still here! training hard getting ready for the Easterns in NY in November. What's frustrating about this site is that the boys that bash look like swimmers or just have no muscle at all.
Bullseye. Hope you do well at the easterns AZ.

PB

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 05:01:03 PM »
thanks sweetie! next time I take pics I'll shoot you one.

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 09:07:50 PM »
I'm still here too, just so busy with training for Team Universe and juggling my job with the workouts.  I've also been sticking to my goal of balancing life with contest prep.  The boards have taken a backseat to my personal life, and I've finally found a way to fit bodybuilding into my life rather than fitting my life into bodybuilding.  Actually, being in a serious relationship the last six months has helped me greatly in achieving this balance.

I've posted on this site for years and have gone through a roller coaster ride of accolades and insults.  I now typically only post when I have something I really want to take the time to say and feel is original or will impact others.

In all honesty, many of the boards in this industry have become boring.  Where has the excitement gone?  Has the industry become saturated?  Are there too many of us (especially when you include the influx of figure competitors onto the scene)?  Has the individuality and creativity disappeared?  What about the personalities behind the bodies?  It seems those aren't cultivated.  What a person says and how a person acts is much more interesting than image after image of biceps peaks and shoulder striations.  Maybe that is what is truly missing.

Or maybe everyone has decided to turn off the computer and head to the gym instead.
Jodi

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 02:44:24 AM »
I can't deny there is a bit of an anti-female vibe here, but on a personal level I'm in my 5th year here and have *never* expereinced it towards myself, so I always smile when people say that. 

Nice link Freespirit, thanks. I liked her sarcasm ;D

Of course, I disagree. ;D

I've yet to see a bodybuilding board as pro-female as Getbig.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

~salmon~

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2007, 07:32:18 AM »
Where did that "BiffGoddess" go?.... ::)

OneBigMan

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2007, 12:59:33 PM »
This board IS probably DEAD since there where a few instances of negatively rude comments about female bodybuilding as a whole. There aren't enough guys like me who treat female bodybuilding with the respect that it deserves when there are and were appealing lady bodybuilders who competed in the previous decade.

simonkinbery

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 04:01:52 AM »
I think all the fbb are on

http://www.femalebodybuilders.net.tc

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 08:55:58 AM »