Author Topic: "Big Sean" Allen to leave the PDI and return to the NPC?  (Read 9950 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: "Big Sean" Allen to leave the PDI and return to the NPC?
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2007, 08:31:04 AM »
What is the 1 at your paragraphs mean? ???

Nevermind dont tell me :-X

SGT. D

SGT. D are you serious?  Come on now, I know you know what the "1" stands for...

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2007, 08:36:48 AM »
Oh okay I thought it meant something else :-[

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2007, 09:22:15 AM »
Sean can call his shots as he sees them.  If he thinks the NPC will treat him fairly for turning his back on them, I hope he's right.  I wouldn't bet on it. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2007, 09:25:49 AM »
Sean can call his shots as he sees them.  If he thinks the NPC will treat him fairly for turning his back on them, I hope he's right.  I wouldn't bet on it. 

I haven't followed the NPC too closely latey.

How did the NPC guys who chose PDI (either only announced or actually competed), then left PDI, do in their later competitions?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2007, 10:44:03 AM »
I haven't followed the NPC too closely latey.

How did the NPC guys who chose PDI (either only announced or actually competed), then left PDI, do in their later competitions?
No one who announced has competed. TJ and Vinny.
Elevate Your Image.™

getbigamazon

• Getbig I
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2007, 10:53:34 AM »
I think it reasonable to assume that Sean Allen has no future in the NOC/IFBB just has he has no future in the PDI. If he does return to the NPC he will never qualify as a pro but can always complain that he's being victimized for joining the PDI.
Unfortunately for him, he has an ego his body has never been able to match. Didn't he run his mouth off at an Olympia press conference saying he'd be up their beating the best?

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2007, 11:09:56 AM »

Hey whats up guys?....Been awhile since my last visit here...Hope everyone is doing well and training hard...I'm doing Great and training has never been better...Anyone in NY last weekend will agree with me...lol...Anyway....Let me clear things up here for you guys...#1 dont BELIEVE everything you read on getbig as Confirmed gossip or TRUE INFORMATION unless its ANNOUNCED BY ME.....Yes I was at the NY PRO Representing TEAM MHP as I was Scheduled to work the booth but since NY is such a small location and very little space I decided to just Chill and NETWORK instead of standing in a small booth....Overall it was a good show as I reunited with many of my EAST-COAST FANS...As usual I cant go anywhere without being talked about or something being said about BIG SEAN...LOL....Let me tell you the TRUTH...
I did meet up with SPECIAL ED who CAN NO LONGER HIDE BEHIND HIS SCREEN NAME....His real name is JASON I BELIEVE...LOL....He was walking around with some UGLY LITTLE GUY PRETENDING TO BE A PHOTOGRAPHER-HOST...LOL....So as I'm approaching the tribecca I'm approached by Jason who is Amazed toSo see me and he says he only came to see BIG SEAN which is a BUNCH OF SHIT...LOL....I'm not competing but your coming to the NY PRO just to see me when you dont even know if i will be there.....But his wish came true..We began to chatt briefly as everyone is looking etc,So he Invites me to a short video interview....Cool...BIG SEAN loves the Camera....lol...He claims he is working for bodybuilding.com when in REALITY he aint WORKING FOR NOBODY...Just himself doing FREELANCE WORK....So we began to talk and he asks about the PDI ETC....I said that I'm not here to talk about PDI and that I wasnt sure of my future shows etc and that I might be making a COMEBACK to the NPC-IFFBB....Doesnt say I'm leaving PDI which I am not a contracted athlete and I can compete in any ORGANIZATION other then PDI...With that being said Wayne gave me a OPPURTUNITY last year that the IFBB OR NPC never granted me and thats my PRO CARD....I did the NOC and OVERALL I came in 7TH PLACE...I wasnt pleased with my placing but was very pleased with the FAN SUPPORT FROM THE NOC....But at the same time wasnt pleased with my accomplishment and had to reconsider my future goals.....Being that I left the NPC and competed as a PRO but didnt win any prize money I was Suspended by the NPC...After the NOC I wanted to compete in the upcoming NATIONALS in MIAMI but JIM MANION Confirmed I'm suspended and after sitting out a full year I COULD BE REINSTATED....That being said I did some Soul searching and decided that by doing the NOC last year didnt really do anything for my career or my FAMILY....I didnt place top 6 which I should have easy and I didnt win any prize money....So why stay with PDI if you basically aint making no MONEY and I never earned my pro card....I left the NPC-IFFBB with intentions on EARNING SOME CASH and establishing myself as a PRO but I FAILED like I have done at Nationals in the past...My highest placing at nationals was 8th...I came in 7th at the NOC...See the similiarity... WITH THAT BEING SAID I WILL BE BACK COMPETING FOR THAT REAL PRO CARD....I dont want know HANDOUTS and I'M GONNA EARN MY PRO CARD..I want to COMPETE AGAINST THE BEST ATHLETES IN THE WORLD and thats in the NPC-IFFBB....I am a fighter and I never QUIT and got to much POTENTIAL to not EARN MY PRO CARD...This will be my last TRY FOR MY PRO CARD,So if I FAIL,I'M RETIRED and I will just network and market myself mainstream an walk away from competing...To be the Best you gotta BEAT THE BEST....Also most of PDI shows are in EUROPE and being 6'4 300lbs and traveling overseas just to compete doesnt make since to me or my FAMILY....I will state in the STATES and compete with the BEST....This isnt a knock on WAYNE OR THE PDI as me and WAYNE are friends but I gotta DO WHATS RIGHT FOR BIG SEAN....THNX FOR THE SUPPORT...You heard it here 1st...
ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE...
GOD-BLESS,
LITTLE SEAN..LOL
So you're revealing that Special Ed is some guy named Jason...Well, I've got some breaking news: Big Sean is actually some guy named SEAN...So there!...LOL!!...The truth is that Sean and I have known each other for about 7 years and that we once shot a cool video in Times Square for that WWF Reality Show called TUFF ENUFF...Sean is truly larger than life and is a nice guy...as long as you don't key his car!!!...LOL!!!...Special Ed was unsure of who would be airing the video, so he mentioned that it could be for Muscular Development or for Bodybuilding.com or for SpecialEdTV or just on YouTube...depending on who was asking...LOL!...Bottom line is that most bodybuilders who go to shows to be seen are looking for attention and would do an interview with Cumguzzlers.com if they thought it could bring them another fan or $10 for an autographed photo...I did mention on the "radio" that I was looking forward to seeing BIG SEAN because I like Sean and wish him well...Bottom line is that the video will be up at Bodybuilding.com probably on Monday, so people can see how big this guy is in person...LOL!!...I know that last LOL didn't make any sense...LOL...but hey, sometimes being unfunny is funny...ROTFLMAO!!!...BIG SEAN, you can call me to make things right...SPECIAL ED'S GOTTA DO WHATS RIGHT FOR SPECIAL ED...YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST...THX GUYS,
LIL BUDDY
BigNationRadio.com

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2007, 12:04:56 PM »
I'm kinda confused. Sean got suspended by the NPC for competing as a pro in PDI, but since no money was won then he can go back to the NPC as long as he gets suspended for a year? So, does this mean that anyone including the IFBB guys who have never placed in the money can come back and compete in the NPC as long as they sit out one year?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2007, 12:14:47 PM »
I'm kinda confused. Sean got suspended by the NPC for competing as a pro in PDI, but since no money was won then he can go back to the NPC as long as he gets suspended for a year? So, does this mean that anyone including the IFBB guys who have never placed in the money can come back and compete in the NPC as long as they sit out one year?
Sean competed in another organization and NPC rules state you must sit out one year before competing again and since he didn't win any prize money is still eligible. The IFBB guys are IFBB pros and would not be competing in the NPC but if they sat out a year and petitioned to be reinstated, they technically could return to the IFBB.

Big Sean has a better future at WWE then he does in bodybuilding. He was swearing on stage and walked off stage at the North Americans when he didn't get good callouts. When he doesn't turn pro he can now blame it on the PDI when in fact he never comes in lean enough to be in the running for the top spots in an NPC show.  True story.

Elevate Your Image.™

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2007, 12:20:00 PM »
Sean competed in another organization and NPC rules state you must sit out one year before competing again and since he didn't win any prize money is still eligible.

You need to clarify yourself on this one a bit more. The NPC can not suspend anyone from competing in another amateur org. It's a law. Now, since this was a pro org. Then it gets a little more complicated. I was not aware that the NPC had rules governing professional athletes and there becoming amateur again based on a suspension???

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2007, 12:53:38 PM »

Thats a good question

AVBG

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2007, 01:31:01 PM »
Good luck Sean.. I hope it happens at the Nationals..  8)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2007, 04:28:07 PM »
You need to clarify yourself on this one a bit more. The NPC can not suspend anyone from competing in another amateur org. It's a law. Now, since this was a pro org. Then it gets a little more complicated. I was not aware that the NPC had rules governing professional athletes and there becoming amateur again based on a suspension???
To my understanding, when you compete in another "professional" organization for prize money you are no longer considered an amateur. You then have to sit out a year in order to achieve your amateur status again. Sean Allen was an NPC competitor, competed in a pro org., sits out a year and can compete in the NPC again.
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2007, 04:41:59 PM »
Last year I was broke so I hung out downtown with a guitar and played for people outside the subway.

I made about $9 that afternoon, which elevated me to paid musician status.

My question is, can I still try out for American idol next season, or an I now considered a "professional" musician? 

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2007, 04:57:57 PM »
"Big Sean" needs about 50lbs. more muscle to have a chance to place in the top 5 at NPC Nationals. As big as he is he is still not big enough for that frame. He will never turn IFBB pro though - due to genetics.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2007, 05:06:56 PM »
Last year I was broke so I hung out downtown with a guitar and played for people outside the subway.

I made about $9 that afternoon, which elevated me to paid musician status.

My question is, can I still try out for American idol next season, or an I now considered a "professional" musician? 
No. Hope this helps.
Elevate Your Image.™

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2007, 05:49:40 PM »
seams mouth is to overdeveloped to ever go pro   it thows off his symmetry 

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2007, 05:57:05 PM »
To my understanding, when you compete in another "professional" organization for prize money you are no longer considered an amateur. You then have to sit out a year in order to achieve your amateur status again. Sean Allen was an NPC competitor, competed in a pro org., sits out a year and can compete in the NPC again.

That makes no sense bro. What do you mean by "another org."? Sitting out a year does not mean that you are an amateur again. And, winning money or not has nothing to do with whether you are a pro or not. Makes no difference whether it was the IFBB or PDI. THe NPC being an amateur org is governed by certain laws of the US and can not pick and chose who they recognise as a pro org. THey also can not suspend anyone for competeing in lets say for example a NABBA show.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2007, 06:01:02 PM »
That makes no sense bro. What do you mean by "another org."? Sitting out a year does not mean that you are an amateur again. And, winning money or not has nothing to do with whether you are a pro or not. Makes no difference whether it was the IFBB or PDI. THe NPC being an amateur org is governed by certain laws of the US and can not pick and chose who they recognise as a pro org. THey also can not suspend anyone for competeing in lets say for example a NABBA show.

Jim-

I believe the difference is in actually accepting prize money which automatically makes you a "Professional" in the eyes of the amateur laws.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2007, 06:11:01 PM »
Jim-

I believe the difference is in actually accepting prize money which automatically makes you a "Professional" in the eyes of the amateur laws.

You may be right but I thought being a professional was more of a title that you were granted and only then are you eligible to compete and or work for money in your field. For example, Joe Blow wins the Nationals and turns pro. He then enters the Ironman which obviously is a pro show. Now, I thought that he was considered a pro since one has to "be" a pro to enter the Ironman. So what  you are saying is that unless someone wins $ in a pro show they are yet to be concidered pro? If so, then how could Joe Blow have entered the Ironman in the first place?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2007, 06:14:24 PM »

You may be right but I thought being a professional was more of a title that you were granted and only then are you eligible to compete and or work for money in your field. For example, Joe Blow wins the Nationals and turns pro. He then enters the Ironman which obviously is a pro show. Now, I thought that he was considered a pro since one has to "be" a pro op enter the Ironman. So what  you are saying is that unless someone wins $ in a pro show they are yet to be concidered pro? If so, then how could Joe Blow have entered the Ironman in the first place?
You're talking about IFBB shows vs other organizational shows. Joe Blow wins Nationals and becomes an IFBB PRO. Joe Blow faxes in his credentials and becomes a PDI pro. A little different.

Elevate Your Image.™

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2007, 06:15:53 PM »

You may be right but I thought being a professional was more of a title that you were granted and only then are you eligible to compete and or work for money in your field. For example, Joe Blow wins the Nationals and turns pro. He then enters the Ironman which obviously is a pro show. Now, I thought that he was considered a pro since one has to "be" a pro op enter the Ironman. So what  you are saying is that unless someone wins $ in a pro show they are yet to be concidered pro? If so, then how could Joe Blow have entered the Ironman in the first place?

I know what you're saying...and it definately gets a little funky....but I believe what constitutes being deemed a professional is actually making money from it. Didn't Jim Torpe get fucked over years ago with a similiar ruling from the Olympics? I believe he was stripped of his medals because they found out he accepted money for an appearance or something like that..it was  a bullshit call, especially for the times.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2007, 06:17:07 PM »
You're talking about IFBB shows vs other organizational shows. Joe Blow wins Nationals and becomes an IFBB PRO. Joe Blow faxes in his credentials and becomes a PDI pro. A little different.

No, I am talking about amatuer status. I said that the NPC cannot stop one from entering an NPC show because they have entered for example a NABBA show which obviously goes for NABBA too. Read my last post to understand more of what I am talking about. I sincerely would like to know how this works.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2007, 06:20:08 PM »
I know what you're saying...and it definately gets a little funky....but I believe what constitutes being deemed a professional is actually making money from it. Didn't Jim Torpe get fucked over years ago with a similiar ruling from the Olympics? I believe he was stripped of his medals because they found out he accepted money for an appearance or something like that..it was  a bullshit call, especially for the times.

It does get complicated since my wife had won money in an NPC show before. This just sounds contradictory to me. Maybe Jim M. was trying to be nice to Sean in letting him come back, but this leaves things wide open for debates on what constitutes a professional versus amatuer. Actually, it might not since I "think" that the law is clear on that, but I don't 100% know which is why I am asking.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2007, 06:21:25 PM »
It does get complicated since my wife had won my in an NPC show before. This just sounds contradictory to me. Maybe Jim M. was trying to be nice to Sean in letting him come back, but this leaves things wide open for debates on what constitutes a professional versus amatuer. Actually, it might not since I "think" that the law is clear on that, but I don't 100% know which is why I am asking.

Heres a tidbit on Jim Thorpe:

Jim Thorpe, the football star and Olympic legend whom Sweden's King Gustav V called "the greatest athlete in the world." was named, in 1950, by the Associated Press the greatest football player and greatest all-round athlete for the first 50 years of this century. Grace Thorpe believes that there will be a naming of the greatest athlete of the century.

When others fail to give her father his due, Grace Thorpe doesn't hesitate to take them on. In 1982, Grace won her five-year battle to get the International Olympic Committee to return the two gold medals - for the decathlon and pentathlon - that her father had won in Stockholm in 1912. The medals were stripped from him after it was discovered that he had played semiprofessional baseball as a student at Carlisle Indian Industrial School.

"The modern day Olympics started in 1896, and they had no hard and fast rules on mixing professional and amateur sports. They sort of made the rules on Dad," said Grace.

With four years to go until the year 2000, Grace Thorpe doesn't think she started the athlete-of-the-century drive too soon.