Author Topic: The New American Idol Will Be . . .  (Read 18210 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: The New American Idol Will Be . . .
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2007, 10:24:31 AM »
Blake had a very bad night.  Thinking cynically, he will survive because of demographics: (1) the only caucasian remaining, (2) the only male remaining, (3) the only singer left with teeny bopper/boy band type appeal.  By process of elimination, Lakisha should be the next to go, as Melinda and Jordin are the top two.

I agree. 

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2007, 02:25:33 PM »
I agree. 

Me too, I picked Lakisha before I even watched the show this week.
E

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2007, 08:10:59 AM »
Blake had a very bad night.  Thinking cynically, he will survive because of demographics: (1) the only caucasian remaining, (2) the only male remaining, (3) the only singer left with teeny bopper/boy band type appeal.  By process of elimination, Lakisha should be the next to go, as Melinda and Jordin are the top two.

In all humility, not a bad prediction if I may say so.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2007, 08:37:00 AM »
Lakisha peaked too soon.  Her best performance was the Jennifer Holliday song over a month ago.  It was all downhill from there. 

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2007, 09:01:32 AM »
Lakisha peaked too soon.  Her best performance was the Jennifer Holliday song over a month ago.  It was all downhill from there. 

That and being forced to sing BeeGees, which could not have suited her worse.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2007, 10:38:33 AM »
That and being forced to sing BeeGees, which could not have suited her worse.

True. 

My daughter thinks Jordin can beat Melinda.  I don't think that should happen, but Taylor Hicks beat Chris Dautry (sp?) last year, so I guess anything can happen. 

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2007, 01:57:12 PM »
god, aren't you lot bored of this shit already? it seems to be dragging like fuck, and i hardly watch it.

i'll confess to watching some the other week when bon jovi was on. he's pretty cool...... and to think when i was a kid we used his poster as a dart board 'cos we thought he was a fag lol

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2007, 01:58:55 PM »
god, aren't you lot bored of this shit already? it seems to be dragging like fuck, and i hardly watch it.

i'll confess to watching some the other week when bon jovi was on. he's pretty cool...... and to think when i was a kid we used his poster as a dart board 'cos we thought he was a fag lol

This season sucks in general, but last year on I was very into it. The final four last year were quite good imo. I don't like one contestant from this year though.
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2007, 02:04:44 PM »
This season sucks in general, but last year on I was very into it. The final four last year were quite good imo. I don't like one contestant from this year though.

Yeah.  Very weak group, although I think Melinda is terrific.  She's flawless IMO.  She'll have a good career. 

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2007, 06:40:59 PM »
Ok Beach Bum, I am up 300 bucks. I won six weeks(Dialidol rules!), we tied a few and he never won ;D We both already picked Blake to go next week. Then he wants a double or nothing for the 300 on the finale, and he chose Jordin. I actually think she could upset Melinda, at least according to Dialidol, but oh well. So if Jordin leaves this week, I get 600 bucks. If Melinda leaves, then its a "push", well, you get it. I am assuming that Melinda and Jordin will be in the finals and then it's anyones game, what do you think?
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2007, 09:41:12 PM »
Ok Beach Bum, I am up 300 bucks. I won six weeks(Dialidol rules!), we tied a few and he never won ;D We both already picked Blake to go next week. Then he wants a double or nothing for the 300 on the finale, and he chose Jordin. I actually think she could upset Melinda, at least according to Dialidol, but oh well. So if Jordin leaves this week, I get 600 bucks. If Melinda leaves, then its a "push", well, you get it. I am assuming that Melinda and Jordin will be in the finals and then it's anyones game, what do you think?

I'll be very surprised if Melinda and Jordin are not in the finals.  If I were a betting man, I would bet on Melinda, simply because she's the best left in the contest.  But you never know.  Jasmine Trias was in the top three a couple years ago.   :-\  I'll have to wait till they perform. 

Has Jordin been beating Melinda on dialidol?  I think you're right that she could upset Melinda.  My daughter has been all over me saying she thinks Jordin is better and can win.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2007, 10:31:30 AM »
Based solely on last night, I'd rank them:

1.  Jordin - slight edge
2.  Melinda - better singer and performer, but seemed a little flat
3.  Blake - good, but just not good enough

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2007, 12:53:48 PM »
Based solely on last night, I'd rank them:

1.  Jordin - slight edge
2.  Melinda - better singer and performer, but seemed a little flat
3.  Blake - good, but just not good enough

I thought Melinda was a little better actually. But I don't like either of them too much.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2007, 07:03:17 PM »
I can't believe Melinda went home. Now if Jordin wins next week I don't win a dime >:(
E

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2007, 11:00:56 PM »
i dont really watch the show....ever. but i was watching a bit tonight and i noticed something.

i think the host( i think his name is ryan) fucked up big time. about half an hour before the end of the show right as they were going to a commercial ryan was saying whats happening when they come back after the break, and he said(im positive its what he said) "WHEN WE COME BACK WE'LL SAY GOODBYE TO MELINDA". this was way before they announced the results. as i said i never really watch the show and wasnt watching the first part tonight so i didnt now if she was already announced as being voted off or not. anybody else catch that?
maybe someone has it taped and can go back and look.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2007, 04:40:36 AM »
i dont really watch the show....ever. but i was watching a bit tonight and i noticed something.

i think the host( i think his name is ryan) fucked up big time. about half an hour before the end of the show right as they were going to a commercial ryan was saying whats happening when they come back after the break, and he said(im positive its what he said) "WHEN WE COME BACK WE'LL SAY GOODBYE TO MELINDA". this was way before they announced the results. as i said i never really watch the show and wasnt watching the first part tonight so i didnt now if she was already announced as being voted off or not. anybody else catch that?
maybe someone has it taped and can go back and look.

I think he said, "Melinda goes home" as in her trip to her hometown.
E

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2007, 06:39:06 AM »
I think he said, "Melinda goes home" as in her trip to her hometown.

i thought about that after they showed that stuff with her back home but im still pretty sure it was the other...could be wrong though  :-\

anybody have it taped?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2007, 08:56:46 AM »
I can't believe Melinda went home. Now if Jordin wins next week I don't win a dime >:(

:o

Boooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!   >:(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2007, 08:25:47 AM »
Based on last night:

1.  Jordin
2.  Blake

I was not blown away by either one.  I almost boycotted the show.  For the second year in a row the best singer in this singing competition will not win. 

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2007, 12:49:07 PM »
Based on last night:

1.  Jordin
2.  Blake

I was not blown away by either one.  I almost boycotted the show.  For the second year in a row the best singer in this singing competition will not win. 

I didn't really pay attention. I do think Jordin will win, but I hope not for my bet.  They are both average at best.
E

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2007, 03:56:10 PM »
Based on last night:

1.  Jordin
2.  Blake

You are right.  There will be no suspense.  The result is too obvious.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2007, 08:50:56 AM »
I loved the performances, but talk about an anticlimactic finish.

The Doug E Fresh/Blake duet was terrific.  Tony Bennett is a legend.  Gladys was good.  Smokey was good.  Melinda was as good or better than Bee and Cee Winans.     

Jordin is good, but not in Melinda's league.  All I could do to counter my kid being right (she has been in my ear for a week) was talk about what an amazon Jordin is.   :) 

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2007, 09:16:53 AM »
what an amazon Jordin is.   :) 

I almost die laughing when I see her standing next to (i.e., towering over) Seacrest and Blake.  I picture her bodyslamming them pro-wrestling style.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2007, 10:56:12 AM »
I almost die laughing when I see her standing next to (i.e., towering over) Seacrest and Blake.  I picture her bodyslamming them pro-wrestling style.

lol.  Yep.  I kept saying she was going to join the WWE.  When she won I did the sumo foot stomp.   :)