Author Topic: STALLONE!  (Read 39284 times)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: STALLONE!
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2008, 05:29:49 AM »
Yep, also his whole overpriced supplement line was totally bogus shit trying to sell off his celebrity status for some poor idiots who believed that tribulus and protein pudding could make you look like Rambo.

Funny thing is you dont hear about the range anymore.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2008, 05:51:04 AM »
typical hollywood supplement line, he has some seriously good designers for bottles and ads and then it's totally overpriced.

What these guys don't realize is that with a fair price and their name, they could be no 1 in supplement sales in no time.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2008, 05:56:59 AM »
typical hollywood supplement line, he has some seriously good designers for bottles and ads and then it's totally overpriced.

What these guys don't realize is that with a fair price and their name, they could be no 1 in supplement sales in no time.
the whole Instone and remaking Rocky and Rambo turned me off sly, it seemed he was desperate, not to say he was but it just seemed he was trying to milk it for all he can, though i cant hate him for that.

Sly was God-like in the 80's and early 90's just his name alone could finance a movie, he had a good run, a Real hollywood legend...

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2008, 06:12:06 AM »
the whole Instone and remaking Rocky and Rambo turned me off sly, it seemed he was desperate, not to say he was but it just seemed he was trying to milk it for all he can, though i cant hate him for that.

Sly was God-like in the 80's and early 90's just his name alone could finance a movie, he had a good run, a Real hollywood legend...

Yep, although i think he is totally making an ass of himself now.  :'( :'(

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2008, 06:18:35 AM »
Yep, although i think he is totally making an ass of himself now.  :'( :'(

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2008, 06:31:25 AM »
good pics, i bet they are discussing a sequel to "Stop! Or my mom will shoot" called "Stop! or my slave co-workers will rebel", set in the US of the 18th century.  :-X

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2008, 08:57:12 AM »
Instone was a huge failure.  All because of Sly not knowing how to market and not listening to the people who put the line together.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2008, 08:58:43 AM »
Instone was a huge failure.  All because of Sly not knowing how to market and not listening to the people who put the line together.

Shame... I bought the pudding.

Can you still get it?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2008, 09:41:15 AM »

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2008, 02:08:44 PM »
wasnt here just the spokesperson for the comany?? and his magazine flopped also

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2008, 04:51:53 PM »
wasnt here just the spokesperson for the comany?? and his magazine flopped also

My friend is the person who developed those products for Sly.  He also gave his opinons on how they should be marketed and sold.  Sly had his way.  They flopped

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2008, 04:56:32 PM »
My friend is the person who developed those products for Sly.  He also gave his opinons on how they should be marketed and sold.  Sly had his way.  They flopped
How do you mean? how did they want to promote it? It got huge exposure during the CONTENDER and while he was promoting Rocky balboa, he even went on Larry king and had him eat the Pudding.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2008, 07:11:33 PM »
How do you mean? how did they want to promote it? It got huge exposure during the CONTENDER and while he was promoting Rocky balboa, he even went on Larry king and had him eat the Pudding.

Yeah, what else could he do?

What would he have done differently?

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2008, 11:44:23 PM »

good point!

Yeah, what else could he do?

What would he have done differently?

Yep, tell us more onlyme!

personally i think most of the products were crap, sorry.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2008, 04:29:08 AM »
I never bothered looking into the line.
Several people here have mentioned it was overpriced.

Could that have been a/the factor?

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2008, 04:36:09 AM »
I never bothered looking into the line.
Several people here have mentioned it was overpriced.

Could that have been a/the factor?

It tasted shit, to expensive, GNC couldnt wait to get rid of that shit, if Stallone had promoted it 15 yrs ago it would of been bigger than Muscletech.

I actually purchased the protein powder and pudding, i liked the pudding. but was expensive as fuck to maintain and im not broke..

Instone is still around its just go no promotion.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #141 on: June 20, 2008, 10:43:00 AM »
Not sure the exact details cause he didn't want to get into it but I think it was not to have Sly promote the product himself.  I think it is because the general public would not take him seriously.  I know I didn't.  What does he know about supplements.  I figured (before I knew) he was just another celebrity backing a product because he was getting paid for it or owned piece of it.  I never really asked in detail why it failed.  But, anyone on here who knows anything about supplements and who are the premier people behind the products know who my friend is.  I won't mention his name but you may be able to guess.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2008, 12:24:32 AM »
It tasted shit, to expensive, GNC couldnt wait to get rid of that shit, if Stallone had promoted it 15 yrs ago it would of been bigger than Muscletech.

I actually purchased the protein powder and pudding, i liked the pudding. but was expensive as fuck to maintain and im not broke..

Instone is still around its just go no promotion.

The pudding was running like 4 bucks for a 4 pack... which is pretty expensive for pudding... I agree it was overpriced, but the banana cream flavor was really good.

OneBigMan

« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2008, 04:55:15 PM »
I like Stallone as a actor because that guy really is a expert at "knowing your craft" and "knowing your trade" when it comes to being a movie star. Also that reality T.V. show he did with Sugar Ray Leonard called "The Contender", was really a good idea. My question is why did Stallone wait so long to launch his own magazine which is the one called "Sly Moves". That magazine would have been a great idea had he came out with it around the year 2000 or shortly after that.

None of you are probably going to believe this so take it for what this piece of reliable info is worth. Mr.Stallone himself is supposedly going to be in Las Vegas either next month or in October. The reason has to with someone else that is very infamous who has been residing in Miami for a number of years. Guess what I am referring to as far as Las Vegas is concerned.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2008, 05:16:33 AM »
I like Stallone as a actor because that guy really is a expert at "knowing your craft" and "knowing your trade" when it comes to being a movie star. Also that reality T.V. show he did with Sugar Ray Leonard called "The Contender", was really a good idea. My question is why did Stallone wait so long to launch his own magazine which is the one called "Sly Moves". That magazine would have been a great idea had he came out with it around the year 2000 or shortly after that.

None of you are probably going to believe this so take it for what this piece of reliable info is worth. Mr.Stallone himself is supposedly going to be in Las Vegas either next month or in October. The reason has to with someone else that is very infamous who has been residing in Miami for a number of years. Guess what I am referring to as far as Las Vegas is concerned.

No way, Sly is going to be in Vegas?
E

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2008, 05:21:46 AM »

He's teaming up with Hulk Hogan again ? ::)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2008, 02:55:31 AM »
WHATS UP WITH STALLONE

thats what i wanna know

so i checked with imdb

Notorious (2008) (TV) (completed) .... Russel Poole

A film about the deaths of Biggie and Tupac, and the Los Angeles Police Department corruption scandal that lurks beneath the story. Stallone plays LAPD detective Russell Poole. The real-life Poole was a key figure in exposing the corruption in the LAPD's Rampart division, and his interpretation of events is key in the theories that say Biggie and Tupac were killed as part of a gang-police-rap power triangle

:o

im surprised at stallone doing this, and doing something for tv
i do feel teh whole biggie and tupac story is played out, i wonder what news they can bring to it? still it will be good to see sly again

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #147 on: December 10, 2008, 02:30:48 PM »
David Morrell, author of the original 'First Blood' novel (as well as the novelizations of 'Rambo: First Blood Part II' & 'Rambo III') has just posted this news on his website DavidMorrell.net:

RAMBO V

I have reliable information that the fifth and probably final Rambo movie is definitely being planned. It’s only at the script stage for now, a first draft of which is about to be delivered to the producers. I don’t know anything about its plot, and I wouldn’t reveal anything even if I did—because I don’t want to betray a confidence. But it looks as if Rambo has one more adventure in him.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #148 on: December 10, 2008, 02:40:40 PM »
The Expendables

(2010)

Director Sylvester Stallone
Writer Sylvester Stallone (screenplay)

Jason Statham      

Sylvester Stallone      

Jet Li      

Dolph Lundgren   
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #149 on: December 10, 2008, 06:25:52 PM »
The Expendables

(2010)

Director Sylvester Stallone
Writer Sylvester Stallone (screenplay)

Jason Statham      

Sylvester Stallone      

Jet Li      

Dolph Lundgren   

That's a good cast. It will be good to see Sly and Dolph together again, squaring off like Deniro and Pacino!
E