Author Topic: Pros getting sick backstage.  (Read 4288 times)

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Pros getting sick backstage.
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2007, 07:23:24 AM »
It completely changes the structure of the whole industry - that is just economics.  I have no incentive to review bodybuilding movies since they don't sell anymore.  My efforts are better served reviewing supplements which you cannot download.  I have heavily curtailed my reviews of bodybuilding movies which has an additional impact above and beyond the problem already found from downloads.  One problem creates another.

I download all the time - but I never download anything I would buy.

BB vids may not be selling because they have consistently ripped off their fans with crappy material! A friend was describing a Ronnie Coleman video that he just bought. He was so excited to put it in his DVD player. He said that after watching for an hour waiting for something to happen he had to turn it off and consider that he wasted his money. An HOUR and nothing happens?? I haven't seen the video myself but if that's true whoever put that out should be ashamed. That's not a video...that's raw footage, and no self-respecting videographer would ever let that be seen unedited. If I were a fan of BB I would think twice before spending my money on something like that again.

When you say that these things can be downloaded...from where? I confess to being a bit in the dark about all this, probably because I would never think to download myself.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2007, 07:41:18 AM »
Sorry but i also see other athletes in other sports collapsing. We always blame drugs if it happens to bodybuilders. For those who compete on a high level it's exhausting flexing for half an hour or even shorter.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2007, 07:42:28 AM »
BB vids may not be selling because they have consistently ripped off thier fans with crappy material! A friend was describing a Ronnie Coleman video that he just bought. He was so excited to put it in his DVD player. He said that after watching for an hour waiting for something to happen he had to turn it off and consider that he wasted his money. An HOUR and nothing happens?? I haven't seen the video myself but if that's true whoever put that out should be ashamed. That's not a video...that's raw footage, and no self-respecting videographer would ever let that be seen unedited. If I were a fan of BB I would think twice before spending my money on something like that again.

When you say that these things can be downloaded...from where? I confess to being a bit in the dark about all this, probably because I would never think to download myself.

Completely true man

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2007, 08:10:12 AM »
Completely true man

If I had a chance to make a video about someone who had achieved the best-of-the-best status in ANYTHING...sports, medicine, business, arts, politics...you'd better believe it would be interesting. How could it not be?! You have an opportunity to see into the life of someone who has done something that almost no one else can do...climb a mountain, replace a human heart, make a billion dollars, win the Olympia...there's no difference.

What did Ronnie give up to make it where he is? What are his relationships with his friends and family like? What does he think about things other than BB? Does he have a girlfriend/wife? What was he like as a child? Does he fear getting older? THESE are the things that are fascinating to me...not how many reps and sets he does.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2007, 09:18:17 AM »

I feel I know a lot about the ins and outs of bodybuilding, but after watching Raising the Bar II today, I realized that a lot more bodybuilders get sick and pass out than I thought.

Was Cutler seizing up in this picture due to LASIX?  This is at the 2001 Olympia and he later tested positive for it.  How come we don't hear more stories about bodybuilders collapsing backstage when it obviously happens during every show?  In the DVD, it was said that six bodybuilders had similar problems experienced by Dave.

Full review coming soon.

Matt C's never ending obsession with drugs and stature... ::)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Iraclese

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2007, 04:44:41 PM »
I don't agree. The science of how to stay safe while using
diuretics has changed, there is a much better understanding
now a days of how to use them.  That's why there hasn't been
guys dropping dead at the show like years past.  Andreas, Benaziza and so
on.  Those guys would most likely not have died in todays circuit.
And Jay Cutler is laying down in that pic because he is tired
not from lasix.; ::)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2007, 04:56:36 PM »
  Matt C's never ending obsession with drugs and stature... ::)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Dorian Yates isn't a millionaire.  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

suckmymuscle

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2007, 06:05:17 PM »
Dorian Yates isn't a millionaire.  ;D

Yes, he is. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

whitewidow

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2007, 02:32:01 AM »

I feel I know a lot about the ins and outs of bodybuilding, but after watching Raising the Bar II today, I realized that a lot more bodybuilders get sick and pass out than I thought.

Was Cutler seizing up in this picture due to LASIX?  This is at the 2001 Olympia and he later tested positive for it.  How come we don't hear more stories about bodybuilders collapsing backstage when it obviously happens during every show?  In the DVD, it was said that six bodybuilders had similar problems experienced by Dave.

Full review coming soon.

does anybody have any clip or photo of when mustafa was real sick backstage a few yrs ago?

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2007, 03:30:01 AM »
I'd hope any heterosexual male would have the urge to vomit if he was kooked up backstage with a bunch of oiled up dudes in their undies.

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2007, 04:54:47 AM »
I'd hope any heterosexual male would have the urge to vomit if he was kooked up backstage with a bunch of oiled up dudes in their undies.

Confident hetero males don't care one way or the other if dudes are naked and oiled up around them because it doesn't affect them.

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2007, 03:50:23 PM »
Confident hetero males don't care one way or the other if dudes are naked and oiled up around them because it doesn't affect them.

TRUDAT, BROTHER!!! methinks he doth protest too much....( only you will get that)

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2007, 04:04:19 PM »

TRUDAT, BROTHER!!! methinks he doth protest too much....( only you will get that)

LOL! You're running a big risk quoting Shakespeare on Getbig!

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2007, 04:06:41 PM »
LOL! You're running a big risk quoting Shakespeare on Getbig!

im willing to take my lumps.

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2007, 04:07:58 PM »

im willing to take my lumps.

I'm tellin' Squadfather!

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2007, 11:47:23 PM »
ive seen it happen quite a few times. one show i was in a guy puked about 3 times on stage. ive seen a few pass out and lots of cramping.
a buddy of mine ended up in the hospital about 3 days after his show cause his electrolytes were so messed up. it screwed him up so bad that at home one day his muscles just gave out on him and he collapsed. he tried dragging himself to the phone to call for help but couldnt do it. his girlfriend ended up coming home and saw him on the floor.
i even had to go to emergency after a show once.

i'd say 90% of the problems are due to dehydration/diuretics.

sometimes food poisining is the cause too..all the chicken and eggs