Author Topic: Special Ed blackmailing MD? Calls MD "cowards"  (Read 34866 times)

Peptide Wizard

• Getbig II
  • I know everything.
Re: Special Ed blackmailing MD? Calls MD "cowards"
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2007, 12:39:51 AM »
Kinda ironic Dave/MD, you tried the "reach the fan base and integrate 'em media wise" and it blows off all over the place.

quembrulet

• Getbig II
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2007, 12:54:14 AM »
Jumbo Gut Palumbo has been made Special Ed's bottom bitch.

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2007, 12:56:29 AM »
Monster Drama Thread

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2007, 12:57:56 AM »
I hardly think that RE-POSTING A NEWSPAPER ARTICLE on GETBIG would be something that you would have any moral problem, whatsoever, with doing.  After all,  when I got arrested, no one had a problem posting that article on here...  Let's face facts; your ego was bruised because Steve didn't think your videos were worth $2000.  When he tried to give you additional work to do (whether it be posting articles on GETBIG or defending MD when your buddies took pot shots), you declined.  Steve believes that in order to get paid to do work, you have to show him value-- Your perceived value was not $2000.  $500 was more than fair for what you were doing at the NEW YORK PRO.  If BBING.com offered you more, then I take my hat off to them and I congratulate you on securing the position you've been searching for.  This isn't personal.   You made it personal.  And if you think that by using your wit, sarcasm, and band of merry followers on here, you're making some kind of valid point, you've greatly missed the point of all this.  You had the opportunity to have a real job reporting on serious bodybuilding events.  Steve wanted you to go to ALBANY; you refused.  He wanted to fly you to VEGAS to interview Craig Titus, you refused.  You can take all the shots you want at me because I'm no one........but, don't try to lay the blame where it doesnt belong.  I have no anger toward you.  I actually like you and I wanted to help you to lose weight and achieve all your fitness goals.  You should examine why you take everything so personally and why your first instinct is to ATTACK?  I get bashed on this message board more than anyone.  The difference is that I don't let it bother me because I KNOW that no one can say anything that can make me doubt, for a single moment, who I am!
Special Ed's videos are worth a free magazine subscription and maybe a free t-shirt but not 2k. Proof of how stupid MD is at running a business to pay him that much for videos is as smart as having you run md online...bodybuilding.co m are smart businessmen, doubt they would pay for the videos from the new york show, those were a couple free tubs of protein if that.

If you're not worried about what is said about you why are you up at 3:30am posting on a message board that you claim is all negative?
Enjoy your dish...

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2007, 01:01:19 AM »
Lights out baby!

All natural my ass.. ::)

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2007, 01:09:58 AM »
Lights out baby!

All natural my ass.. ::)

-Hedge

Dave actually looks pretty decent there...

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2007, 01:28:54 AM »
I hardly think that RE-POSTING A NEWSPAPER ARTICLE on GETBIG would be something that you would have any moral problem, whatsoever, with doing.  After all,  when I got arrested, no one had a problem posting that article on here...  Let's face facts; your ego was bruised because Steve didn't think your videos were worth $2000.  When he tried to give you additional work to do (whether it be posting articles on GETBIG or defending MD when your buddies took pot shots), you declined.  Steve believes that in order to get paid to do work, you have to show him value-- Your perceived value was not $2000.  $500 was more than fair for what you were doing at the NEW YORK PRO.  If BBING.com offered you more, then I take my hat off to them and I congratulate you on securing the position you've been searching for.  This isn't personal.   You made it personal.  And if you think that by using your wit, sarcasm, and band of merry followers on here, you're making some kind of valid point, you've greatly missed the point of all this.  You had the opportunity to have a real job reporting on serious bodybuilding events.  Steve wanted you to go to ALBANY; you refused.  He wanted to fly you to VEGAS to interview Craig Titus, you refused.  You can take all the shots you want at me because I'm no one........but, don't try to lay the blame where it doesnt belong.  I have no anger toward you.  I actually like you and I wanted to help you to lose weight and achieve all your fitness goals.  You should examine why you take everything so personally and why your first instinct is to ATTACK?  I get bashed on this message board more than anyone.  The difference is that I don't let it bother me because I KNOW that no one can say anything that can make me doubt, for a single moment, who I am!
David,

There is a vast difference between how we see ourselves and how we are seen by others. For example, you seem to think that you come across as a guy who is positive and well-meaning. But your first instinct when I legitimately questioned the efficacy of your diet was to LIE and say that I BLACKMAILED MD. Your first instinct was to attack. My first instinct was to DEFEND MYSELF. Because unlike you, I value my reputation as someone who is honest with people, in friendship and in business. And I believe that reputation is worth defending. Because although they may not post here, there are many people who read what is said here and although you may consider Getbig to be a meaningless group of "minions", I know otherwise. I count several people who I have met through this site to be among my friends, and several others with whom I have developed business relationships with. Were it not for Blockhead imploring me to send my stuff to Steve, I would never have had the opportunity to work with MD. Were it not for Lift, I wouldn't have a clue about anything relating to photography and videography. Were it not for Garraeth, I wouldn't have a SpecialEdTV.com website. Were it not for 240, I wouldn't have been featured on the front page of the New York Times and been on Good Morning America and CNN. So while you purport to be all about "positivity", you mock everyone who disagrees with you, including my "band of merry followers" without realizing that is what differentiates Getbig from MD. Getbig is a community of real people who don't have to worry about kissing each other's asses for fear of banishment. I have no power here and these people have no reason to believe me over you or Steve except for one thing: Reputation.

As for egos, the only ego bruised was Steve's when I refused to do his bidding. Offering me 1/4 of my previous fee was an insult, but I recognized that was in retaliation for not being a "Team" player. And it made me realize that I wanted no part of that team anymore.

Finally, you are right about one thing: I do take things personally. But only because I set high standards for my personal relationships. I expected a co-worker and colleague such as yourself or Steve to call me and let me know I'm no longer needed for the radio show rather than cowardly exploiting and insulting me on the air in my absence. I expected gratitude or a kind farewell for the 26 weeks of unpaid radio appearances I provided. I expected Steve to return phone calls and emails. I expected to be treated fairly. I expected respect from those who I have shown goodwill to. So, yes, I took things personally, but only because yours and Steve's behavior were so far below my expectations.

That is my final word on this.

As for Spicy and MattC's comments about being overpaid, let me just say that each one of us has an internal value (call it self-worth) and that if you consider yourself valuable, you expect to be compensated for that value. I spent 10 hours shooting video at the Arnold and spent about 25 hours editing it. Then it took me about 5 more hours to upload the video. That's about 40 hours for $2000 or $50/hour. Not great, but not bad. A fair price in my opinion. Remember, if you don't value your time, no one else will!
BigNationRadio.com

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
Special Ed Appreciation Thread
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2007, 01:30:24 AM »
Thanks for the videos and interviews.

You have to hand it to Special Ed. He works hard for these interviews.

I remember him running around the Arnold Expo with the Blockhead and his camera, recording interviews... Thanks for the fun:)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: Special Ed: Dangerous Troublemaker
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2007, 01:43:37 AM »
In 1220, Genghis Khan decided, that enough was enough. He took his Mogul horde and moved against China. Oh sure, China won that one, but Mr. Kahn had the last laugh... he surely did.
a

AVBG

« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2007, 01:48:07 AM »
Well said

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Re: Special Ed: FAT GAY FAG
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2007, 03:09:30 AM »
I appreciate Genghis

Stark

• Getbig V
HAHHA it's so funny MD is trying so hard to be bigger than getbig but...
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2007, 03:27:47 AM »
That's simply impossible it's not going to happen, it's still fun and interesting to see how they try and what they try to make it work...
Everybody here who had a web page or an online community knows what I'm talking about.

Out of personal experience a couple of years back when I was heavily involved in online business as in online Communities building them up from ground zero and consulting I still only succeeded with a couple and they are still pretty big.
But let me tell you something about the MD community...If I would have created that board 4 years ago when they had no interest in an online board or a decent web page for that matter and called it "the unofficial MD Board" guess what... none of them would have posted in it unless I would have somehow got the backing of MD, it's so fucking hard to build up a community from nothing if you would know how many are trying every day wrecking their brains about anything that is "unique" and still fail.

If MD would just be ok with what they have atm (and considering everything it's not that much counting all the treads and posts) and build up on that maybe in a couple of years they could become a force to be reckon with, but right now I can see the typical signs I saw back in the days when I consulted folk who wanted to build up a profitable online Community, they put their heart into it and now they want it all or nothing...and even discrediting other boards is find....it's called jealousy and it's so easy to stop yourself feeling like that, back than I would tell them to slow down concentrate on what they are doing and NOT to check out the competition every day and trying to top them somehow.

With getbig as the daddy of bodybuilding boards and bb.com as the giant bear and all the other muscle boards around that have established customers, it will be extremely hard for them to build up and get big (sorry for the pun).
You don't need to be an genius to see the strategy at play, get as many controversial figures to post there as possible and spark replies fights and arguments in return...and of all strategy's to get people to post it's not a bad one but it takes time energy and a lot of patience to make an online Community really boom.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
Bluto is right, why the fuck are you posting anything about MD here, I don't even know what MD is, who cares. Seriously though there is no reason to make a thread here giving the people at MD pointers on how to become more successful, they are a big mag company so if they can't get it right then to bad they just suck.
I

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
Re: Special Ed: FAT GAY FAG
« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2007, 03:43:21 AM »
I appreciate Genghis

He was much funnier then Special Ed and he also had a better sense of humor...
I

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
another lengthy boring md post. this is getbig. we dont give a shit about md. stop posting.

hahahahaha   sorry stark but that was funny.   :D

:)

octobermajik

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2007, 04:29:31 AM »
Ron, PBW, NO BULL RADIO, ect.............we're all trying to create a BETTER bodybuilding world for the fans.  I don't even know why RON puts up with your negativity and scathing comments.  We're all adults on here and if you can't communicate as such, you should lose your rights to post.  But that's Ron's decision.

Bull****   NBR is in this game to do nothing but promote MD as a whole. The first half hour of your show is nothing more than an infomercial for your diet, the life transformation, and the cyberstore.

Are you guys trying to create a better BB world for us fans by asking guys like Dennis Wolf, someone the fans don't really know a lot about (as you pointed out on the show) such innovative, revealing questions like "So. do you get to hang out with Markus Ruhl at all?".

Please.  MD...All Bull, all the time.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2007, 04:56:39 AM »
fuck MD,

getbig for life

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2007, 05:08:59 AM »
Who would of thought that a lawyer could so easily destroy a convicted seller of rat poison and fake GH ::)

Special Ed, you are Getbigs latest 'owning megastar.' Congratulations from the British Isles! 

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2007, 05:13:29 AM »
GETBIG.COM!
$

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
That's simply impossible it's not going to happen, it's still fun and interesting to see how they try and what they try to make it work...
Everybody here who had a web page or an online community knows what I'm talking about.

Out of personal experience a couple of years back when I was heavily involved in online business as in online Communities building them up from ground zero and consulting I still only succeeded with a couple and they are still pretty big.
But let me tell you something about the MD community...If I would have created that board 4 years ago when they had no interest in an online board or a decent web page for that matter and called it "the unofficial MD Board" guess what... none of them would have posted in it unless I would have somehow got the backing of MD, it's so fucking hard to build up a community from nothing if you would know how many are trying every day wrecking their brains about anything that is "unique" and still fail.

If MD would just be ok with what they have atm (and considering everything it's not that much counting all the treads and posts) and build up on that maybe in a couple of years they could become a force to be reckon with, but right now I can see the typical signs I saw back in the days when I consulted folk who wanted to build up a profitable online Community, they put their heart into it and now they want it all or nothing...and even discrediting other boards is find....it's called jealousy and it's so easy to stop yourself feeling like that, back than I would tell them to slow down concentrate on what they are doing and NOT to check out the competition every day and trying to top them somehow.

With getbig as the daddy of bodybuilding boards and bb.com as the giant bear and all the other muscle boards around that have established customers, it will be extremely hard for them to build up and get big (sorry for the pun).
You don't need to be an genius to see the strategy at play, get as many controversial figures to post there as possible and spark replies fights and arguments in return...and of all strategy's to get people to post it's not a bad one but it takes time energy and a lot of patience to make an online Community really boom.

that post was too long there buddy,dont want to read it. But if Ron had some ambitions in $-making he could be a millionaire, with a bmw 735 in front of his porch.  Ron should start a magazine''GETBIG''.

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2007, 05:32:22 AM »
Man, how much drama...haha, How can you not love GetBig with all of this...But props to Special Ed, for being sincere and stick with his believes...a lot of times you will get trouble with this (see Lee Priest for reference LOL)

And f*ck them all...after all, we know GetBig is a major player on this so called 'industry' dont we ?  ;)

i wonder what are Sarcasm opinion on all of this...im sure he would come with a hilarious post...haha
!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
Re: Special Ed Appreciation Thread
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2007, 05:38:22 AM »
Does Special Ed live in Brooklyn?

too bad that he is allergic to the gym otherwise I would invite him to work out with me
Here comes the money shot

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2007, 06:15:47 AM »
Were it not for 240, I wouldn't have been featured on the front page of the New York Times and been on Good Morning America and CNN.

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2007, 06:18:56 AM »
After reading thru some of this I see consistency in what Special Ed says. It appears whenever Steve is done dealing with someone he flat out refuses to answer calls, emails or whatever. He did the same thing with Lee once he decided he was finished with him. This is surprisingly unprofessional for a person in his position. At least have the courtesy to tell someone you are letting them go.

Furthermore, I am surprised that MD believes they have to send people to other message boards for damage control. Why should they have a need for damage control? Usually when you treat your customers with respect you don't have a need to go onto message boards to clean up messes you've made.

Lastly, kudos to Ed for not taking the steroid story in Albany. What mother wants to be hounded by amateur journalists about steroids after losing her son? Did anyone stop to consider the woman may want some space and private time to endure her loss?

A lot of the stuff I'm reading has a strong odor of unprofessionalism about it. I can see why people feel the need to come on here and bash the company.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2007, 06:20:47 AM »
David,

There is a vast difference between how we see ourselves and how we are seen by others. For example, you seem to think that you come across as a guy who is positive and well-meaning. But your first instinct when I legitimately questioned the efficacy of your diet was to LIE and say that I BLACKMAILED MD. Your first instinct was to attack. My first instinct was to DEFEND MYSELF. Because unlike you, I value my reputation as someone who is honest with people, in friendship and in business. And I believe that reputation is worth defending. Because although they may not post here, there are many people who read what is said here and although you may consider Getbig to be a meaningless group of "minions", I know otherwise. I count several people who I have met through this site to be among my friends, and several others with whom I have developed business relationships with. Were it not for Blockhead imploring me to send my stuff to Steve, I would never have had the opportunity to work with MD. Were it not for Lift, I wouldn't have a clue about anything relating to photography and videography. Were it not for Garraeth, I wouldn't have a SpecialEdTV.com website. Were it not for 240, I wouldn't have been featured on the front page of the New York Times and been on Good Morning America and CNN. So while you purport to be all about "positivity", you mock everyone who disagrees with you, including my "band of merry followers" without realizing that is what differentiates Getbig from MD. Getbig is a community of real people who don't have to worry about kissing each other's asses for fear of banishment. I have no power here and these people have no reason to believe me over you or Steve except for one thing: Reputation.

As for egos, the only ego bruised was Steve's when I refused to do his bidding. Offering me 1/4 of my previous fee was an insult, but I recognized that was in retaliation for not being a "Team" player. And it made me realize that I wanted no part of that team anymore.

Finally, you are right about one thing: I do take things personally. But only because I set high standards for my personal relationships. I expected a co-worker and colleague such as yourself or Steve to call me and let me know I'm no longer needed for the radio show rather than cowardly exploiting and insulting me on the air in my absence. I expected gratitude or a kind farewell for the 26 weeks of unpaid radio appearances I provided. I expected Steve to return phone calls and emails. I expected to be treated fairly. I expected respect from those who I have shown goodwill to. So, yes, I took things personally, but only because yours and Steve's behavior were so far below my expectations.

That is my final word on this.

As for Spicy and MattC's comments about being overpaid, let me just say that each one of us has an internal value (call it self-worth) and that if you consider yourself valuable, you expect to be compensated for that value. I spent 10 hours shooting video at the Arnold and spent about 25 hours editing it. Then it took me about 5 more hours to upload the video. That's about 40 hours for $2000 or $50/hour. Not great, but not bad. A fair price in my opinion. Remember, if you don't value your time, no one else will!
Monster dozen paragraphs without sex or violence. Epic waste of time reading this.