Author Topic: Strange question @ recovery from odd injury...  (Read 2742 times)

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
Strange question @ recovery from odd injury...
« on: May 30, 2007, 12:42:10 PM »
Hey guys.
I have a friend that recently severely strained, to the point of a mild (if there is such a thing) tear, the abductor pollicis (sp?).  It's the the largest muscle in the palm and moves the thumb.

Anyway, the doc told her to take a few weeks off from upper body lifting & to take it easy at work.  She owns a dog grooming business, so she can't take off from work, but really had to baby it.

Anyway, my question is this:  What can she do to accelerate the healing and/or protect it while she's working.  I've never had an injury like this, but maybe someone here has.

BigSexy50

• Getbig III
Re: Strange question @ recovery from odd injury...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 02:51:06 PM »
Tell her to rub the problem area on her gash twice daily.....that should alleviate the problem

Is she wearing a brace?

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 06:15:59 PM »
Is she wearing a brace?
No.  Is there one that she could use that would not restrict movement but still supply protection?

CMBurns

• Getbig I
  • Excellent!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 06:20:16 PM »
usually an occupational therapist can mold a brace or modified cast that allows movement and function,  there are also lots of otc braces that may help.

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 03:53:35 AM »
usually an occupational therapist can mold a brace or modified cast that allows movement and function,  there are also lots of otc braces that may help.
Thanks for the input, guys.  Much appreciated.