Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Pet Board
Dogs Left in Cars
(1/15) > >>
Princess L:
I see it every year.  Usually, depending on the temperature, I leave a note (actually a copy of a Dear Abby article on the subject).  I have contacted the police and I've also talked directly to the owner ~ usually with less than a favorable response.  I saw it today and SHAME ON ME; I did nothing.  I waited and contemplated what to do.  After 3 minutes, the owner came out, with 6 BAGS OF GROCERIES  >:(.  That tells me, he was in there quite awhile.  I avoided the confrontation and I'm pissed at myself.  It will not happen again.

One of my friends is a local news anchor.  I just sent her this email.

Kxxxxx,

In case XXX hasn't put out the message this year, it would be nice to remind people not to leave their dogs in a car when out running errands and such.  I see this all the time. 

I've contacted Xxxxxxx and Xxxxxx counties along with the Xxxxxx Police and they WILL respond to calls about dogs in cars (not sure what their course of action would be).  As I understand it, some departments/squads carry a wire thermometer to check the internal temperature and react accordingly, including breaking into the car.

I plan to get some flyers from The Animal Protection Institute to place on windshields - only if there's no danger - if there is, I will contact the police. 

On a day like today (85*), with the window open, a car will reach 102 degrees in 10 minutes.  After 30 minutes, it can get up to 120!  This can cause irreparable brain damage or death.

Check out this campaign  http://www.mydogiscool.com

Please see what you can do to get the message out there.

Thanks,

Lxxxxxxx
knny187:
It pisses me off when I see this.  Owners of animals that do this, can expect me to say something & I am not a nice "tempered" person by nature.

If I'm out with the dog, I stay in the car with the dog while errands are being run.  I have water (usually) with me & park underneath a shade tree. 
Princess L:

--- Quote from: knny187 on May 31, 2007, 12:37:48 PM ---It pisses me off when I see this.   

--- End quote ---

Sometimes I think people are just too ignorant stupid.

I'm on a mission this year!  >:(
knny187:
I tell ya....I have no problem breaking a window
Birdman:
I just took my baby to the vet yesterday and I asked them if anyone had brought their dogs in for heat stroke and they said they had already seen two cases and neither of the dogs made it.  It doesnt take long at all for our loved ones to suffer in the summer heat.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version