Author Topic: Gop Head: We Need More 'attacks On American Soil', so people appreciate Bush  (Read 2346 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Gop Head: We Need More 'attacks On American Soil', so people appreciate Bush
Raw Story | June 4, 2007
Josh Catone

In his first interview as the chairman of the Arkansas Republican Party, Dennis Milligan told a reporter that America needs to be attacked by terrorists so that people will appreciate the work that President Bush has done to protect the country.

"At the end of the day, I believe fully the president is doing the right thing, and I think all we need is some attacks on American soil like we had on [Sept. 11, 2001]," Milligan said to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, "and the naysayers will come around very quickly to appreciate not only the commitment for President Bush, but the sacrifice that has been made by men and women to protect this country."

Milligan, who was elected as the new chair of the Arkansas Republican Party just two weeks ago, also told the newspaper that he is "150 percent" behind Bush in the war in Iraq.

In his acceptance speech on May 19th, Milligan told his fellow Republicans that it was "time for a rediscovery of our values and our common sense."

The owner of a water treatment company, Milligan was a relative unknown in Arkansas politics until last week's vote. He had previously served as the party's treasurer and the Saline County Republican chair.

S

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Raw Story | June 4, 2007
Josh Catone

In his first interview as the chairman of the Arkansas Republican Party, Dennis Milligan told a reporter that America needs to be attacked by terrorists so that people will appreciate the work that President Bush has done to protect the country.

"At the end of the day, I believe fully the president is doing the right thing, and I think all we need is some attacks on American soil like we had on [Sept. 11, 2001]," Milligan said to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, "and the naysayers will come around very quickly to appreciate not only the commitment for President Bush, but the sacrifice that has been made by men and women to protect this country."

Milligan, who was elected as the new chair of the Arkansas Republican Party just two weeks ago, also told the newspaper that he is "150 percent" behind Bush in the war in Iraq.

In his acceptance speech on May 19th, Milligan told his fellow Republicans that it was "time for a rediscovery of our values and our common sense."

The owner of a water treatment company, Milligan was a relative unknown in Arkansas politics until last week's vote. He had previously served as the party's treasurer and the Saline County Republican chair.

If he said this, he needs to be fired. 

Laughing Sam's Dice

• Getbig IV
  • $12.95 per monthman
I expect that some neo-con think-tank already has the blueprints.
Stick out your tongue.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
I'll never understand these war mongering buffoons. They must have been subjected to corporal punishment as children.

I can understand people in the military being pro war but I can't understand anyone else being so gung ho about it.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
i predict a "muslim"  ::) attack on "white repb hand on my heart listening to patriotic country music soil" before the elections..

its the hollywood fantasy come to life in recent yrs...next we'll have ET landing in some ginger kids backyard  ;D
carpe` vaginum!

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.

Anyone want to bet that this fat fvck never spent a millisecond on the front lines?

Just another moronic peice of sh*t GOPer.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
I'll never understand these war mongering buffoons. They must have been subjected to corporal punishment as children.

I can understand people in the military being pro war but I can't understand anyone else being so gung ho about it.

I bet you would find that VERY FEW are pro war...I know I'm not but also know it is unavoidable at some point....I was loving the period from 82-90 and from 92-2001 and wouldn't have minded if we had stayed like that....

I do think Americans have short memories. Majority have forgotten what they felt on 9/11 not to mention libs don't want the images replayed.
gotta love life

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now

Fuck you dude..i wanna be right next to your ass watching our beloved Pats and Sox win more championships. This war crap..besides the cash..which is pretty damm god..really really sucks. This guy is an idiot. These guys are just as bad as the half assed jihadists blowing up our guys. They get half the message and go off half cocked.Anybody who understands true Conservative thought would not say this crap. Somebody has to salvage our party.
L

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
Anybody who understands true Conservative thought would not say this crap. Somebody has to salvage our party.

Exactly.
S

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
This guy is an idiot. These guys are just as bad as the half assed jihadists blowing up our guys.  Somebody has to salvage our party.

Amen brother !!!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
I get queasy at the thought of Evangelicals yet Romney doesn't bother me.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Ok Cardio respond ..i was joking ;D
L

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
Ok Cardio respond ..i was joking ;D

I wasn't sure what you were doing in that post. First you say "fuck you, dude" then you say you want to watch the Sox and Pats win it all with me and then you essentially agree with what I said.

I was a little confused.

As I said, I understand military people (i.e. you and MM) being pro war, after all it's good business for you and he but I don't understand it with civilians, especially since they will never have to do any of the fighting themselves. Nothing more pathetic than a war monger that wants to send other people to do his the fighting.

You mentioned the money was good, I was under the impression the opposite was true and that you guys were underpaid.

Oh, and I'm not such a big fan of Romney although I don't dislike him. Did you read about the excise tax debacle in MA? Apparently because of someone in his administration did something that allowed people with cars and SUV's worth more than $100,000 to go without being charged excise tax. It cost the state millions over the last few years.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
I wasn't sure what you were doing in that post. First you say "fuck you, dude" then you say you want to watch the Sox and Pats win it all with me and then you essentially agree with what I said.

I was a little confused.

As I said, I understand military people (i.e. you and MM) being pro war, after all it's good business for you and he but I don't understand it with civilians, especially since they will never have to do any of the fighting themselves. Nothing more pathetic than a war monger that wants to send other people to do his the fighting.

You mentioned the money was good, I was under the impression the opposite was true and that you guys were underpayed.

Oh, and I'm not such a big fan of Romney although I don't dislike him. Did you read about the excise tax debacle in MA? Apparently because of someone in his administration did something that allowed people with cars and SUV's worth more than $100,000 to go without being charged excise tax. It cost the state millions over the last few years.

we are underpaid for what we do...but I don't complain because of days like today...and also I didn't join to be rich, just secure and the military gives me that....

I don't live there but I thikn Romney seems alright and don't hikn his religion should play any role in judging him
gotta love life

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Cadio..i will never get in a pissing contest with ur..we're countrymen and u hate the Yanks just like me..not sure whats up with body88.  :P.  As far as being underpaid..yeah well I could always make more...with some of my jobs, the civilian sector would have paid more, but all in all I do ok. i mean I like the pay raises don't get me wrong. I think we shouldn't have to pay taxes ever but ....! I make about a grand more per month cash when i deploy so its kinda nice. When I deploy again i'll make just over $100,000 taxes paid...It works out pretty damm good unless u get killed.  >:(. I plan on paying off my credit card and school loan and buying a bigger boat. It all works out. I don't make as much as my civilain equivelent but some asshole can't fire me because he's having a bad day. Then again i can't quit either.  >:(
L

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
and buying a bigger boat.

Good for you.  8) Boating is the way to go.
S

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
Cadio..i will never get in a pissing contest with ur..we're countrymen and u hate the Yanks just like me..not sure whats up with body88.  :P.  As far as being underpaid..yeah well I could always make more...with some of my jobs, the civilian sector would have paid more, but all in all I do ok. i mean I like the pay raises don't get me wrong. I think we shouldn't have to pay taxes ever but ....! I make about a grand more per month cash when i deploy so its kinda nice. When I deploy again i'll make just over $100,000 taxes paid...It works out pretty damm good unless u get killed.  >:(. I plan on paying off my credit card and school loan and buying a bigger boat. It all works out. I don't make as much as my civilain equivelent but some asshole can't fire me because he's having a bad day. Then again i can't quit either.  >:(

100K? dang officers
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
Good for you.  8) Boating is the way to go.

I don't have a boat..but I like playing with the little man in the boat ;D
gotta love life

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
I don't have a boat..but I like playing with the little man in the boat ;D

HAHA

I really want a Jet Boat.

S

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
we are underpaid for what we do...but I don't complain because of days like today...and also I didn't join to be rich, just secure and the military gives me that....

I don't live there but I thikn Romney seems alright and don't hikn his religion should play any role in judging him

Do you learn skills that are marketable outside of the military? After serve your time can you go out into the private sector and make a good living is the real question I suppose. Although I imagine you might grow to like the strict regimen of the military. I'd guess a lot of guys miss that when they leave.

From what little I know of the Mormon religion it seems rather an odd faith. At least from what little I know of how it was founded. As a person I think he's as good if not better than any of the others currently running.

I don't even mind a President that isn't particularly bright as long as he's bright enough to surround himself with the right people.

body88 is one of us in terms of Sox and Pats crazy. He's a good guy too.

100K after taxes is excellent money. I didn't know military men made that much, good for you. What are the retirement plans like for military personell? The pensions must be decent.

I don't mind pissing matches, sometimes they're fun. You've either grown more level headed or you're starting to be less guarded in what you post, either way it would be hard for me to challenge a lot of what you say now. MM still has his rhetoric spewing side so it's easier to battle with him at times.

You don't have to reenlist when your time is up and you can see what you're worth on the open market although you wouldn't be able to go be a soldier either.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
Do you learn skills that are marketable outside of the military? After serve your time can you go out into the private sector and make a good living is the real question I suppose. Although I imagine you might grow to like the strict regimen of the military. I'd guess a lot of guys miss that when they leave.

From what little I know of the Mormon religion it seems rather an odd faith. At least from what little I know of how it was founded. As a person I think he's as good if not better than any of the others currently running.

I don't even mind a President that isn't particularly bright as long as he's bright enough to surround himself with the right people.

That is one benefit that the Air Force has over the others..we teach skills that you can use outside of here. I run an engineering school and several unions (equipment operators/concrete finishers)  have now adopted our training as credit towards an apprenticeship. So we have guard and reserve scrambling to come here to obtain their apprentice liscence. When I retire, I don't plan on doing much...30 years of construction will take it's toll. I would like to get back to umpiring (I did single A for 3 years) and maybe coaching at the highschool level.

Mormonism has it's oddities..I married into a mormon family and believe me we have some heated dinner discussions...but the core of the religion is a good one....It doesn't bother me with Romney because it would simply be to hard on a national scale to make it impact everyone...
gotta love life

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Mormonism has it's oddities..I married into a mormon family...

Same here.  I love 'em to death, but what a bunch of whackos. 

My wife and I are re-locating this week and we've had garage sales the last few Saturdays to clear out some of the crap in our house.  She announces to me the other day that her sister's bishop had 'admonished' the people of their ward not to have garage sales...that if they had stuff they wanted to get rid of, then it should all be donated. 

So, when we get up there, I'm going to need to go tell their bishop what a fucking idiot he is.  Our economy *demands* garage sales (allows people to spend less than full retail - what's wrong with that??), so they're here to stay, whether he likes it or not.   

I'll also tell him to stop giving out stupid advice.

There's more, but I guess I should take it to the religion board.   :D

Purge_WTF

Gotta love dem Re-puppet-cans.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
Cadio..i will never get in a pissing contest with ur..we're countrymen and u hate the Yanks just like me.

I spend some time with Tino Martinez and Wade Boggs a few days ago, and they both     would like to thank the all the Boston fans for their World Championship rings.   ;D

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
Same here.  I love 'em to death, but what a bunch of whackos. 

My wife and I are re-locating this week and we've had garage sales the last few Saturdays to clear out some of the crap in our house.  She announces to me the other day that her sister's bishop had 'admonished' the people of their ward not to have garage sales...that if they had stuff they wanted to get rid of, then it should all be donated. 

So, when we get up there, I'm going to need to go tell their bishop what a fucking idiot he is.  Our economy *demands* garage sales (allows people to spend less than full retail - what's wrong with that??), so they're here to stay, whether he likes it or not.   

I'll also tell him to stop giving out stupid advice.

There's more, but I guess I should take it to the religion board.   :D

where are you re-locating to? Yeah dude people in Utah take everything to the Mormon's version of the salvation army...can't remember the name....and only there...you can't just donate anywhere...
gotta love life