Author Topic: Libby sentenced to 30 months in prison  (Read 12771 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Libby sentenced to 30 months in prison
« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2007, 10:21:44 AM »
So the only reason they don't know who allegedly outed a covert agent is because Libby lied?  I don't believe that.  They simply don't have the evidence.  In any event, it will all be over in about a year-and-a-half.   :) 

most likely YES - especially given that Libby's notes specify that he heard it first from Cheney and since Cheney is the VP he should obviously know that this information was classified

Putting the law aside for a moment - the actions of Cheney, Libby, Rove etc... are totally indefencible.

Bush/Cheney were using known fraudulent documets to make the case for war with Iraq

Many different people and organizations cast doubt on those documents and they still continued to use them as a primary reason to go to war.

Wilson told the truth and exposed their LIES.

How anyone can defend Libby/Cheney/Bush etc.. is beyond comprehension

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2007, 10:54:37 AM »
So the only reason they don't know who allegedly outed a covert agent is because Libby lied?  I don't believe that.  They simply don't have the evidence.  In any event, it will all be over in about a year-and-a-half.   :) 
That's not what I am saying.

I am saying by the fact of the exposed covert agent herself, we have someone in the administration that exposed her.

That is crime.  Someone committed that crime and it wasn't Armitage.

I think Straw Man summed it up pretty well.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2007, 10:59:29 AM »
That's not what I am saying.

I am saying by the fact of the exposed covert agent herself, we have someone in the administration that exposed her.

That is crime.  Someone committed that crime and it wasn't Armitage.

I think Straw Man summed it up pretty well.

Thanks

I think in this instance we have enough pieces of the puzzle in place to be able to make out the big picture

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2007, 10:48:12 PM »
I'm not arguing semantics with you.

It's generally agreed that OJ is guilty.

Anyone who knows about the facts of the Plame investigation and Libby trial KNOWS that there is a pile of evidence that points to the fact that Libby outed Plame at the direction of Cheney.

from the National Journal -
-----------------

President Bush told the special prosecutor in the CIA leak case that he directed Vice President Dick Cheney to personally lead an effort to counter allegations made by former Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV that his administration had misrepresented intelligence information to make the case to go to war with Iraq, according to people familiar with the president's interview.

A central focus of Fitzgerald's investigation has been why Libby would devise a cover story on how he learned of Plame's CIA work when prosecutors had obtained Libby's own notes showing that Libby had first gotten the information from Cheney. Libby told the FBI and testified to the grand jury that he had forgotten what Cheney had told him by the time that he made the Plame disclosure to reporters.

"I no longer remembered it," Libby testified to the grand jury regarding his June 12 conversation with Cheney. It was only after speaking to Russert, Libby testified, that he "learned" the information about Plame's CIA employment "anew."

Federal investigators have concluded that Libby's account is implausible. They have also questioned Libby's testimony that he does not believe he discussed the matter again with Cheney until at least July 14, 2003, the date of Novak's column that called Plame an "agency operative."

Federal investigators have a substantial amount of evidence that Cheney and Libby spoke about the matter in detail shortly after Wilson's column appeared on July 6. Cheney's handwritten notes in the margin of the Wilson column are one reason that prosecutors have believed that the two men spoke earlier than Libby has said they did.
-------------------------

We could trade quotes all night but who really gives a shit.

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that Cheney is responsible.

Shit we got more evidence of that than we have on most of the people in Gitmo

Libby's going to jail while other guilty parties (Cheney,Rove, perhaps others) are getting off

I'll bet you a dollar that Libby goes to jail before Paris Hilton get's out

Hey Bum

I owe you a dollar

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2007, 08:20:29 AM »
Hey Bum

I owe you a dollar

lol.   :D  I take Visa, Mastercard, American Express . . .

She has to appear in court today.  I hope the judge puts her back in jail.  Nothing like celebrity justice.