Author Topic: What makes a Pro, a Pro?  (Read 12203 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: What makes a Pro, a Pro?
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2007, 03:17:59 PM »
Alter ego...who are you talking too?  Shawn is moving in to his house...call him.

I just called him and you answered.  ???

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2007, 03:19:40 PM »
A Pro is not a Pro just because he has a Pro Card.  Thats where Sean and a few others have it wrong.  An IFBB Pro Card signifies you are now able to compete and make money competing.  It does not guarantee it, it only allows you to try.  Which is fine.  Being a professional means how you make yourself look to the public on AND off the stage, court or field.  You may do great in competition and make some money doing it, but if you are an asshole when you aren't competing, then you really are a sad example of a "professional."  You are representing something that many people admire and they look up to professionals.  WHen a professional acts like an asshole, it reflects on their personality and makes them look like amateurs.  As a professional, you have a responsibility to the fans and people who support you by buying tickets to the shows. magazines with your pics in them products with your name and pic on them.  Being a professional also means acting professional.  Too and Sean and a couple others can only say they are professional, but they are far from it.

I feel your assessment is a tad to subjective. In my opinion ( my 2 cents) a pro is any bodybuilder/figure or fitness athlete that earns an IFBB pro card. What kind of a "pro" they are after that is a different story.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

texasbubba

• Getbig II
  • Don't hate!
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2007, 03:21:19 PM »
I just called him and you answered.  ???

And just who am I?  I always answer my phone using my name; what was it?  Feel free to post my number here too.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2007, 03:23:53 PM »
And just who am I?  I always answer my phone using my name; what was it?  Feel free to post my number here too.

Exactly Sean! Assuming that you are not Sean  ::) then how is it that anyone on here knows that you are truely an expert in anything and in what capacity?

texasbubba

• Getbig II
  • Don't hate!
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2007, 03:26:25 PM »
Exactly Sean! Assuming that you are not Sean  ::) then how is it that anyone on here knows that you are truely an expert in anything and in what capacity?

There are plenty of folks on this board who know, that's how I got the stars.  How do I know your an expert?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2007, 03:32:34 PM »
There are plenty of folks on this board who know, that's how I got the stars.  How do I know your an expert?

I contributer to this board in many ways and I am sure that you know this already Sean. You on the other hand have never contributed in anyway whether it be under your real name or fake accounts.

texasbubba

• Getbig II
  • Don't hate!
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2007, 03:34:12 PM »
I contributer to this board in many ways and I am sure that you know this already Sean. You on the other hand have never contributed in anyway whether it be under your real name or fake accounts.

Disgusted...don't be hurt.  It's okay.  Just take a deep breath and move on.  We all contribute to this board in our own way.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2007, 03:34:51 PM »
Disgusted...don't be hurt.  It's okay.  Just take a deep breath and move on.  We all contribute to this board in our own way.

Even Keith?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2007, 03:42:56 PM »
This, this, and these:

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2007, 03:43:49 PM »
Even Keith?

Hey don't get me involved with texasblubber shit.  He gave Ron a blowjob for his expert stars.  Only him and ROn know why he got them. 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2007, 03:46:14 PM »
And fucken these:

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2007, 03:47:39 PM »

He is not Shawn. Dude you are just in love with Shawn aint ya? You think everybody is him. Hell you and a few other people on here thought I was also him. Did Tamali make you act this way? Anyways let it go already

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2007, 04:09:36 PM »
symetry,,proportion,,doesnt matter  much what size you are,,,its all about symetry proportion and muscular development in the npc and anywhere else,,

very good genetic response to training and sport  enhancing drugs is a must
time and will is a must too
something uniqe about your physiqe wil help too,,mainly shape of particular muscle group
coming on 100% on the day you are planning to get your pro card will help too! ;)

and yes ray is good example for a proffessional bodybuilder,,even though he jokes on the internet,,he is professional as he been making money from it for ever
fallen angel

texasbubba

• Getbig II
  • Don't hate!
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2007, 04:13:45 PM »
Even Keith?

Yes, even Keith on occassion has something worth reading when is not hating on the IFBB or Shawn.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2007, 05:47:26 PM »
Yes, even Keith on occassion has something worth reading when is not hating on the IFBB or Shawn.

Texasbubba,

You are an expert at what?  There should be a thread that allows each "PRO" and "EXPERT" be identified by their real identity for the purpose of not just being able to trust that they indeed are who they claim, but also in case anyone would like to purchase their PROfessional services.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2007, 07:06:16 PM »
shawn ray was like a white collar worker as a pro ,the top of the line,treated the gym,diet,posing,appearance's,video's,photo's,presentation like a buisnessman.true to the trade and now moved on to a different aspect.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2007, 09:30:10 PM »
What makes a Pro a Pro is quite simple and has been spelled out for many years:
WIN the Pro Qualification Show:

Overall and 1st Runner up at the Mr. USA
All Class Winners at the NPC Nationals
Overall Champion at the North American
Universe Class Winners
Team Uniiverse Winner

Petition the IFBB ala:
* Milos Sarcev, Lee Priest, JJ Marsh and few others from around the way via Wayne Demilia Glory Days of yore! ;D

SAHWN YOU FORGOT WIN YOUR NATIONAL TITLE FROM ANY COUNTRY.....YOU MAKE IT SEEM LIKE ONLY USA CAN TURN PRO YOU D UMB F UCK

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2007, 09:32:34 PM »
Bro..he mentioned it right here:

Petition the IFBB ala:
* Milos Sarcev, Lee Priest, JJ Marsh and few others from around the way via Wayne Demilia Glory Days of yore!

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2007, 09:36:13 PM »
WHY I WAS IN IFBB IN AUSTRALIA...WE HAVE IFBB AMATURE DOWN UNDER............SHAWNS A LITTLE BITCH

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2007, 09:39:34 PM »

hey hey hey.  You aren't trying to bond with me are you.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2007, 10:52:59 PM »
WHY I WAS IN IFBB IN AUSTRALIA...WE HAVE IFBB AMATURE DOWN UNDER............SHAWNS A LITTLE BITCH

Lee  c'mon why be so negative, obviously we all know you are a legit pro. I even mentioned about winning nationals in other nations as well.  How goes the race car deal?  Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2007, 02:10:15 AM »
SAHWN YOU FORGOT WIN YOUR NATIONAL TITLE FROM ANY COUNTRY.....YOU MAKE IT SEEM LIKE ONLY USA CAN TURN PRO YOU D UMB F UCK

Lee - dont let sean wind you up - he is a little fat c u nt who cant stay in any sort of shape without boat loads of gear !! Atleast you will still have muscle amd train when your an old man like him !!

whitewidow

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2007, 02:31:30 AM »
What is it that makes these so-called Professional bodybuilders, professional?  Besides the fact that they get paid to pose on stage and might, if lucky, get some sponsorship, what truly sets them out as a professional in their field?

You don't have to belong to the IFBB to get paid like a Pro bodybuilder, you can work privately and get sponsorship and income by way of the GAY-4-PAY network.  So that dismisses the idea that if a person gets paid to do what they do, they, by way of default, are considered professional.

A doctor knows his craft well enough that he can work on his own, a teacher knows his subject matter in a way that he is self-sufficient and capable of providing his students with what they need based on his knowledge base...etc..  What does a Professional bodybuilder truly know?

Pros hire both a trainer and a nutritionist most of the time they compete or even train year round.  If they need a professional trainer like Charles Glass to train them, what makes "them" a Professional at bodybuilding?  If they need to hire a nutritionist like Chad Nicholls, Tom Prince or even Chris Aceto, what makes "them" a professional at proper bodybuilding diets?

In other words, once you take the training and the eating out of the equation, what the hell else is left?

Genetics you can't change and/or even influence unless you are into breeding humans. 

The only thing these guys might be actually pros at is injecting themselves in the ass with hormones and site injections of esiclene...

Again, this goes out to all the so-called pros here, what makes you a Pro?

more money more drugs more muscle.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
one more rep
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2007, 04:37:44 AM »
Are you implying that being a lawyer is more noble then being a bodybuilder.Jesus man,lawyers are hated even more then politicians.Nothing but a bunch of ambulance chasers clogging up our legal system with assanine lawsuits like suing McDs for a coffee burn.There is ZERO skill in being a lawyer.Now,since you asked,I'm a college grad and dint drive a truck etc.However,a pro bodybuilder is EVERY bit as valuable as being a lawyer.In fact professional athletes are THE MOST important people in our society because they give us hours and hours of entertainment.Thats why 40,000 people will go watch them preform.Any doctor or lawyer or teacher drawing in 40,000 to watch them?Put some lawyer on a cover of any mag and see how it sells.No,bodybuilding and bodybuilders are far more important then the scheister lawyers or lazy ass teachers that you seem to think so highly of and thats why you post on a bodybuilding web site all day.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2007, 05:31:19 AM »
Billy,

If your job entails driving a truck, stocking shelves or banging nails, I feel sorry for you.  Some of us actually have college degrees, post-grad degrees and make "REAL" money saving lives, defending clients in a court setting and even investing in real estate.  Whereas you might think your job is one that a monkey could do, not everyone shares that sentiment. 

(As per your comment up top in bold)
Training year after year isn't a skill.  These guys do it, because if not for bodybuilding they probably wouldn't have anything else to fall back on.  Again, as I have stated previously, these guys don't train on their own, instead they hire PROFESSIONAL trainers to train them.  "Eating right day after day" is not something a professional bodybuilder does.  Day after day for 80% of the year a PRO bodybuilder is fat and disgusting carrying in excess of over 60 - 80 pounds of weight, horrible for the heart and as aesthetically pleasing as Elton John in a Fitness contest for competitors aged 10 and below.

Everyone/Anyone CAN be a bodybuilder, but not everyone can become a doctor, lawyer, engineer or businessman (loosely used). 

Hell, don't even get me started about how the bulk of these "pros" make due by selling drugs and selling themselves to the gay population to make ends meet.  Highly unprofessional..

"1

why would you feel sorry for somebody that actually works for a living?  are you royalty?