Author Topic: Kris Dim had a heart attack.  (Read 77229 times)

Iraclese

• Getbig II
Re: Kris Dim had a heart attack.
« Reply #250 on: June 11, 2007, 06:13:05 PM »
You are a sad person Hank.  I don't need to post anything vulgar but your
karma will get you.......have fun with that.

cheeksmaliod

• Getbig II
« Reply #251 on: June 11, 2007, 07:37:13 PM »
I think Kris is involved in a fringe sport, and I think Kris would'nt have done it any different.  Steriods may or may not be the cause, the 5 pounds of red meat Kris ate everyday isn't great either but Kris has an amazing body, and is/was doing what he loved.  We could only be so lucky, all fringe activities carry risk.

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #252 on: June 11, 2007, 10:26:01 PM »
I think Kris is involved in a fringe sport, and I think Kris would'nt have done it any different.  Steriods may or may not be the cause, the 5 pounds of red meat Kris ate everyday isn't great either but Kris has an amazing body, and is/was doing what he loved.  We could only be so lucky, all fringe activities carry risk.

did he really eat 5 lbs of red meat every day?  did you read that somewhere or just talking out your ass?  I couldn't afford to eat 1 lb of red meat every day right now....

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #253 on: June 12, 2007, 01:28:05 AM »
Red meat and Advil can take out an elephant..

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #254 on: June 12, 2007, 12:42:59 PM »
wasn't he plagued by rumors of massive synthol use in the triceps?  maybe that did it.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #255 on: June 12, 2007, 03:17:36 PM »
yeah, the comment was a bit over the top, but the general point is correct

TOP LEVEL BODYBUILDING IS BAD FOR ONE'S HEALTH
DENNIS NEWMAN, DON LONG, TOM PRINCE, FLEX WHEELER, MIKE FRANCOIS, SONNY SCHMIDT, MOMO BENAZIZA, ANDREAS MUNZER, MIKE MATARAZZO, MIKE MORRIS
The list goes on and on and on and on and on

Too bad some people want to keep their heads in the sand

ummm..you forgot milo and his synthol ordeal ;D

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #256 on: June 12, 2007, 03:26:50 PM »
Guys i cannot believe some of the shit i just read!!!! Kris Dim is a mate of mine!!! Kris was given a 10% chance of pulling through the operation!!! meaning he had a 90% he would die!! The odds were massively against Kris!!! Kris is still in a very serious condtion and i read some post here about....WHAT HE WAS TALKING, IDIOT SHOULD HAVE NOT TAKEN SO MUCH, WHAT WAS HE ON, DRUGS, STERIODS, GH etc, etc.....!!! There are more posts about what Kris had a attack from than there is about actual sympathy for a guy who is a great business man, great father and just great human being!! Unbeleiveable!! the respect of you guys!!! >:( MAN who cares what it was that caused it for now!!! Lets just thank god or whoever that got him through this very near death experience!!! right now it does'nt matter what it was that caused it, just the fact that a great pro bodybuilder ALMOST DIED!!!

I just cannot believe the shit on the thread!!! true or untrue it does'nt matter!! Kris is in intensive care right now and people have to hide to post about there expert opinions as how he had this heart attack. FUCK ME!! hows the timing of some of you people!!! For God sake have some heart!!!

Actually, it does matter what he was taking.  My guess is you're probably taking similar drugs.  If what happened to Kris is so horrible, why not learn from his mistake, so that you don't end up on an operating table yourself ?
w

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #257 on: June 12, 2007, 03:32:02 PM »
Actually, it does matter what he was taking.  My guess is you're probably taking similar drugs.  If what happened to Kris is so horrible, why not learn from his mistake, so that you don't end up on an operating table yourself ?
Self loathing meltdown.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #258 on: June 12, 2007, 03:32:29 PM »
your talking to an IFBB pro. He gave up health at the national level. Now its whatever it takes to place and keep the sponsor happy. Some can hang longer than others.
-

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #259 on: June 12, 2007, 03:34:46 PM »
w

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #260 on: June 12, 2007, 04:19:30 PM »
Guys i cannot believe some of the shit i just read!!!! Kris Dim is a mate of mine!!! Kris was given a 10% chance of pulling through the operation!!! meaning he had a 90% he would die!! The odds were massively against Kris!!! Kris is still in a very serious condtion and i read some post here about....WHAT HE WAS TALKING, IDIOT SHOULD HAVE NOT TAKEN SO MUCH, WHAT WAS HE ON, DRUGS, STERIODS, GH etc, etc.....!!! There are more posts about what Kris had a attack from than there is about actual sympathy for a guy who is a great business man, great father and just great human being!! Unbeleiveable!! the respect of you guys!!! >:( MAN who cares what it was that caused it for now!!! Lets just thank god or whoever that got him through this very near death experience!!! right now it does'nt matter what it was that caused it, just the fact that a great pro bodybuilder ALMOST DIED!!!

I just cannot believe the shit on the thread!!! true or untrue it does'nt matter!! Kris is in intensive care right now and people have to hide to post about there expert opinions as how he had this heart attack. FUCK ME!! hows the timing of some of you people!!! For God sake have some heart!!!

what do you expect people to do? Turn yet another blind eye to how unhealthy top level bodybuilding is?

I mean it is almost comparable to an anorexic woman getting very sick because of starving herself and then having a whole bunch of people make excuses as to why her health condition is not a result of her unhealthy eating habits

Richard Jones

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • VALHALLA
« Reply #261 on: June 12, 2007, 06:33:31 PM »
WOW!!! I just got wind of this and this is very sad news!

I have a tremendous amount of respect for Kris and my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family!

I sincerely hope that Kris makes a full recovery. He is an awesome bodybuilder with an even better personality!

Sincerely,

Richard Jones

ramazon

• Getbig III
« Reply #262 on: June 12, 2007, 09:27:24 PM »
Red meat and Advil can take out an elephant..
Say what, Armz?  Is there some destructive chemical relationship
between red meat and Advil?  I know that Advil alone can eventually
burn a hole in your stomach, esp. when not diluted with a glass
of water; and hastens liver damage.  Does the addition of red meat accelerate this?  Way off the subject of a physique champ fighting for
his life, but if you have something significant to teach us here,
please inform.     

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #263 on: June 12, 2007, 11:51:25 PM »
could it be from the synthol flowing from his veins? milos had a heart attack off the stuff...
real men= no rubbers

Alex23

« Reply #264 on: June 12, 2007, 11:54:12 PM »
could it be from the synthol flowing from his veins? milos had a heart attack off the stuff...

Not true. Milos had a pulmonary embolism. Very common and very bening but scary.

Don't start shit ;D.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #265 on: June 12, 2007, 11:57:25 PM »
Milos never needed to fuck with synthol.  Sure he may have had weak arms relative to the rest of his physique, but they were by no means small.  With a physique as strong as Milos', you are entitled to one weak part.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

RadOncDoc

• Getbig II
« Reply #266 on: June 12, 2007, 11:58:37 PM »
Not true. Milos had a pulmonary embolism. Very common and very bening but scary.

Don't start shit ;D.

Very common and very benign??? Are you joking? Pulmonary embolisms are most definitely not benign.

Alex23

« Reply #267 on: June 13, 2007, 12:04:44 AM »
Very common and very benign??? Are you joking? Pulmonary embolisms are most definitely not benign.

My bad it's obviously not "embolism" can't remember the term and too lazy to look for it. It's neitherless some "common" symptoms for injecters...

Sorry about that..

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
« Reply #268 on: June 13, 2007, 10:24:30 AM »
Kris is my dear friend and one of the most wonderful people you'll ever meet...
In this time he needs our support and prayers...Situation is serious and I only hope that some of you will find something within yourselves to stop joking and making fun of the very serious situation.

It is miracle that Kris survived and contrary to what many believe - it was hereditary situation and NOT caused by anything else some would like to assume...

He did always had high blood pressure and I know about it since I've met him...

Please, for the love of God - send prayers and best wishes ONLY as POWER of positive thinking DOES miracles...
Think and hope THE BEST - and THE BEST WILL HAPPEN...

Try it...it doesn't hurt.

Kris - I love you like a brother...and I am sure you know that.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #269 on: June 13, 2007, 10:30:16 AM »
Kris is my dear friend and one of the most wonderful people you'll ever meet...
In this time he needs our support and prayers...Situation is serious and I only hope that some of you will find something within yourselves to stop joking and making fun of the very serious situation.

It is miracle that Kris survived and contrary to what many believe - it was hereditary situation and NOT caused by anything else some would like to assume...

Please, for the love of God - send prayers and best wishes ONLY as POWER of positive thinking DOES miracles...
Think and hope THE BEST - and THE BEST WILL HAPPEN...

Try it...it doesn't hurt.

Kris - I love you like a brother...and I am sure you know that.

I'll think positive thoughts for him today.
w

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #270 on: June 13, 2007, 06:11:35 PM »
I'll think positive thoughts for him today.

I hope you do, Im starting to worry about you :-\

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #271 on: June 13, 2007, 06:14:04 PM »
I hope you do, Im starting to worry about you :-\

as weave been worried about you for quite some time.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: June 13, 2007, 06:19:15 PM »
LETS HOPE HE PULLS THROUGH !

THIS IS A LESSON FOR YOU "PRO"

A

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #273 on: June 13, 2007, 06:26:10 PM »
LETS HOPE HE PULLS THROUGH !

THIS IS A LESSON FOR YOU "PRO"

::)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #274 on: June 13, 2007, 07:47:53 PM »
and contrary to what many believe - it was hereditary situation and NOT caused by anything else some would like to assume...

I doubt the doctors have already determined the cause to be hereditary. Especially entirely hereditary. If he had high BP and he knew about it should have been addressed via medication and/or lifestyle change. Sounds like he went years with high BP, kinda like TP. I'm guessing the high BP didn't help in this situation.