Author Topic: Why does this upset you so?  (Read 4126 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Why does this upset you so?
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2007, 10:18:16 AM »
What percent of the bible is WOG and which is not WOG? Which God do you pray to the lower or higher percent God?

huh?  I don;t understand what you mean there in bold.

On the percent of the WOG:

I believe anything pretty much, (there might be some instance that says otherwise) that produces a victim is wrong.   "Do on to others"   

The parts in the Bible that condemn a chosen path that produces no victims i believe is cultural BS of the times when it was written.

So take the issues of the day:  Murdering 3000 people = SIN, Offering up virgin daughters to an angry mob in the story of Sodom = SIN, Pre-marital sex, birth control, how women dress...etc....

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2007, 10:30:58 AM »
huh?  I don;t understand what you mean there in bold. You wrote: "My main contention is some of the "god" described in the Bible isn't God, it contradicts its self,  and therefor the bible isn't the 100% WOG." This is why I asked "Which God do you pray to, the lower or higher percent God?"

On the percent of the WOG:

I believe anything pretty much, (there might be some instance that says otherwise) that produces a victim is wrong.   "Do on to others"   

The parts in the Bible that condemn a chosen path that produces no victims i believe is cultural BS of the times when it was written.

So take the issues of the day:  Murdering 3000 people = SIN, Offering up virgin daughters to an angry mob in the story of Sodom = SIN, Pre-marital sex, birth control, how women dress...etc....

I get you now, (I think) you see injustice in stories like you mentioned above and you believe those stories to be hypocritical and not indicative of God's true nature or character, which is LOVE?
W

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2007, 10:41:43 AM »
I get you now, (I think) you see injustice in stories like you mentioned above and you believe those stories to be hypocritical and not indicative of God's true nature or character, which is LOVE?

I pray to God.  There's no lower or higher percentage.  God is God regardless of what the bible says or anyone else says.

I don;t think GOD's true nature is LOVE in the sense you may be getting at (a big forgiving teddy bear).  But i don't think his true nature is human emotions such as Jealousy, anger etc....   he's beyond that.  We are his children, his creation and he is allowing us to live a life on earth giving us the opportunity through this life to grow spiritually.  In that, we get challenged all this time in the course of our lives.  How we deal those challenges is how we grow spiritually.  for example:   Teenagers  ;D

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2007, 10:48:53 AM »
I pray to God.  There's no lower or higher percentage.  God is God regardless of what the bible says or anyone else says.

I don;t think GOD's true nature is LOVE in the sense you may be getting at (a big forgiving teddy bear).  But i don't think his true nature is human emotions such as Jealousy, anger etc....  he's beyond that. This is worth a new topic, good point! We are his children, his creation and he is allowing us to live a life on earth giving us the opportunity through this life to grow spiritually.  In that, we get challenged all this time in the course of our lives.  How we deal those challenges is how we grow spiritually.  for example:   Teenagers  ;D

LOL! True.
W

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2007, 11:55:24 AM »
I'm A Christian

by Maya Angelou

When I say ... "I am a Christian,"
I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin'."
I'm whispering "I was lost,