Author Topic: Do you eat vegetables?  (Read 3712 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Do you eat vegetables?
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2007, 03:32:35 PM »
I'm afraid to ask!

I usually have frozen veggies but my little garden is producing squash, zuchinni and cucumbers.  My tomatoes aren't ripe yet but they're on the way!  sure beats boring broccoli and green beans on occasion...

Careful with that zuchinni, it grows overnight! :P  If one gets to be too big, you can stuff it with what you would stuff peppers with.  Yummy!  Let me know if you need my personal recipe  :-*
:

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2007, 10:58:56 AM »

Careful with that zuchinni, it grows overnight! :P  If one gets to be too big, you can stuff it with what you would stuff peppers with.  Yummy!  Let me know if you need my personal recipe  :-*

I'll try it, send it on ;)
i

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2007, 12:04:06 PM »
I'll try it, send it on ;)

Saute' ground turkey breast.  Set aside.

Saute' in olive oil, diced up red, yellow, orange peppers, diced zuchinni, vidalia onion, garlic.  Set aside.

Make a box of Rice a Roni Spanish rice according to directions, except use 2-3 times as many tomatoes.  I like to use a combination of regular no salt diced tomatoes and the ones with chilis.

Right before the rice is totally cooked, mix everything together and continue to cook until the rice is done.

Take your BIG zuchinni and cut it lengthwise.  Scrape out all the seeds with a spoon to make a boat.  Scoop the rice mixture into the boats.  Sprinkle some cheese on if you want. 

Bake for about 45 mins @ 350 or so, or until the zuchinni is at your desired tenderness.

Enjoy  ;D

This works great for stuffing peppers too.

:

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2007, 12:13:52 PM »
Awesome L, i'll have to give that a whirl, i'll let you know what i think! 
i

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2007, 04:49:32 PM »
Yeah I eat a bunch of brocolli every day. But none of that fuckin hippie organic shit. Nothin organic touches this body, baby.

Organics such a hippie scam, maybe if the hippies wasted less spaces and money trying to grow their shitty vegetables in small quantities on larger spaces of land, they'd have more to feed the starving africans they're alwasy blaming the gov't about.

God I hate hippies.

Right on,  I can't remember the last time I saw a body builder endorsing organic food.  I think its mostly women who eat organic, because it seems like a trendy thing to do, plus it has the status kick to it since it costs more.  It seems that women will do anything other than exercise to loose weight.  My wife goes to whole foods and comes home with a grociery bill that is $100+ and has barely enough food to feed us for 1 day.  I on the other hand goto kroger spend $30 and come home with enough food to feed us all week long.  She can't stand grociery shopping with me because of my views of food.  She picks up a pack of Guacomole ( $6 ) I tell her to put it back, because that is way too much for way too little food.  She tells me I think like a poor person. I tell her that nobody ever got rich by wasting money on fancy packaging. 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2007, 09:06:20 PM »
Right on,  I can't remember the last time I saw a body builder endorsing organic food.  I think its mostly women who eat organic, because it seems like a trendy thing to do, plus it has the status kick to it since it costs more.  It seems that women will do anything other than exercise to loose weight.  My wife goes to whole foods and comes home with a grociery bill that is $100+ and has barely enough food to feed us for 1 day.  I on the other hand goto kroger spend $30 and come home with enough food to feed us all week long.  She can't stand grociery shopping with me because of my views of food.  She picks up a pack of Guacomole ( $6 ) I tell her to put it back, because that is way too much for way too little food.  She tells me I think like a poor person. I tell her that nobody ever got rich by wasting money on fancy packaging. 

I don't know where some people get the idea that if it's organic, it must be "good for the diet"  ::)
:

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 12:13:45 AM »
I don't know where some people get the idea that if it's organic, it must be "good for the diet"  ::)

It won't help someone lose weight, but it's probably healthier.  I'd rather eat a bug on my veggies and get the extra protein than eat stuff that's been sprayed to keep bugs off.  Exactly what "organic" means is debatabe anyway tho.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2007, 02:33:38 AM »
When I bulk, I hardly eat any veggies...diet time..there are plenty.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2007, 03:32:38 PM »
but of course! but i get tired of broccoli :P

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2007, 05:33:10 PM »

suckmymuscle

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2007, 09:57:21 PM »

Vegetables grown with pesticides are worthless. You get a lot of the good stuff from the vegetables that comes with lots of poison that nullifies the health benefits of the greens. Don't believe for a second that pesticides are only bad for insects. Many are based on Phosphorous which is directly toxic to Humans and they penetrate deeply in the cellulose structure of the plant which means that washing it doesen't remove mostof the poison. Remember that pesticides were invented not to enhance the quality of vegetables, but to increase productivity and cost.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2007, 05:12:57 AM »
  Vegetables grown with pesticides are worthless. You get a lot of the good stuff from the vegetables that comes with lots of poison that nullifies the health benefits of the greens. Don't believe for a second that pesticides are only bad for insects. Many are based on Phosphorous which is directly toxic to Humans and they penetrate deeply in the cellulose structure of the plant which means that washing it doesen't remove mostof the poison. Remember that pesticides were invented not to enhance the quality of vegetables, but to increase productivity and cost.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Just to clarify what I meant.  There's a lot of people who think just because it's organic it will help with weight loss, etc.  "I switched from eating regular cereal to organic" or "I only buy organic crackers to go with my cheese whiz"

Of course pesticides are not good, but that's a whole other subject.
: