Author Topic: IFBB Judge Lee Thompson sets huge precedent.  (Read 5235 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
IFBB Judge Lee Thompson sets huge precedent.
« on: May 14, 2007, 06:25:29 PM »
Tonight on PBW we had an IFBB judge come fwd and speak to the world on contest results. 

He brought his scorecard.  He brought fairly honest opinions on gyno, guts, and goopy arms.

I hope they feature an IFBB judge on the show following the Colorado Pro.  I hope they have several judges on the show, following the Olympia.  Holding the judges accountable in a public forum is the first step in legitimizing contest results.  When they can hide behind their blazers, fans question the integrity.  When they come on the radio and explain their decision - whether we agree with the outcome or not - it brings credibility to the sport's judging.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
Re: IFBB Judge Lee Thompson sets huge precedent.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 07:08:00 PM »
Tonight on PBW we had an IFBB judge come fwd and speak to the world on contest results. 

He brought his scorecard.  He brought fairly honest opinions on gyno, guts, and goopy arms.

I hope they feature an IFBB judge on the show following the Colorado Pro.  I hope they have several judges on the show, following the Olympia.  Holding the judges accountable in a public forum is the first step in legitimizing contest results.  When they can hide behind their blazers, fans question the integrity.  When they come on the radio and explain their decision - whether we agree with the outcome or not - it brings credibility to the sport's judging.

IF THAT IS LEE THOMPSON FROM HOUSTON...THEN GOOD WORK HE IS A GREAT GUY....FINALLY ONE IN THE IFBB...WHO GETS IT

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 07:12:52 PM »
Maybe when you give a person a blazer it affects the judging process? I mean, how else can anyone explain the results that so many contests have? I say we do away with blazers and start picking bodybuilding champions to judge contests. At least the competitors might accept the results from these champions. If we have 15 judges that should counter having a small sampling of judges. Ben really messed up bodybuilding with his silly rules that weren't the best for the sport. Instead of using the NABBA system he thought he should make one that would impress the Olympic movement. What resulted was a mess we are stuck with. Not enough judges, silly rounds, scoring the posedown, etc.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 07:15:48 PM »
Maybe when you give a person a blazer it affects the judging process? I mean, how else can anyone explain the results that so many contests have? I say we do away with blazers and start picking bodybuilding champions to judge contests. At least the competitors might accept the results from these champions. If we have 15 judges that should counter having a small sampling of judges. Ben really messed up bodybuilding with his silly rules that weren't the best for the sport. Instead of using the NABBA system he thought he should make one that would impress the Olympic movement. What resulted was a mess we are stuck with. Not enough judges, silly rounds, scoring the posedown, etc.

It's improving though.  I don't know if it's the forums, or the radio show, Bob's initiatives, or a combination of these things.  But *something* has caused improvements and more transparency in the last year.  Gustavo moving up at the Arnold was a great step in ensuring adequate various comparisons.  And a judge explaining his position to the world is a great step too.  perhaps if every judge had to go on the radio after every show, the best man WOULD start winning every night. 

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 08:47:11 PM »
whatever man.. ;D

Like it's really going to happen this time..

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 10:44:22 AM »
interesting

garraeth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 11:20:29 PM »
Are you sure it was him and not his brother-in-law?