Author Topic: POLYGAMY!!!!!!!!! Who's up for it?  (Read 13459 times)

trab

• Getbig V
Re: POLYGAMY!!!!!!!!! Who's up for it?
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2007, 03:39:42 PM »
Dude MORMONS ARE NOT POLYGAMISTS i am a mormon and can tell you for a fact that polygamy is forbidden in the church. IF are practicing polygamy the church excommunicates you forever. So if you ever meet or see a polygamist they have been excommunitated from the church

I lived in La La land in SLC for 2yrs! OFFICALY THE LDS church dont condone it, but they hand out free public services to multi wive families w/ LOTs of Kiddies! Dont tell me I didnt see what I seen!
I worked right down in their Deseret industries a LOT!

Look like little house on the prarie w/ 3 or 4 mommys dressed in flower sacks. Its a drain on public services too.
Everyone knows it. Get me going, I'll get my old Ex-Mo girlfriend to realy flame ass on the cult.

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2007, 04:05:43 PM »
DUDE THE LDS church does not have any things to do with the polygamists. The Mormon church does not practice polygamy and does not let its members practice polygamy.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2007, 04:48:38 PM »
I have heard that for the most part they did turn a blind eye . . . until all the negative attention brought by the Warren Jeffs case and Jon Krakauer's book.  However, it still seems that unless there's child abuse involved, the state doesn't want to make a fuss . . . .

. . . . probably b/c they (the Mormons who dominate Utah politics) feel guilty about turning away from the true path for political and material reasons. 

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2007, 05:05:33 PM »
DUDE THE LDS church does not have any things to do with the polygamists. The Mormon church does not practice polygamy and does not let its members practice polygamy.

CHURCH BASICLY IS STATE IN UTAH!!
Blind eye covers it. No its not common in the city, but there are small communities that are 100%  Poly,
TURN ON THE TV!~ IT's in the news constantly out there, along w/ whos geting "Excommunicated". ::)
"Officially" they dont condone it (Not after those little shoot outs and massacres w/ Fed troops way back) but reality is a little different. Be real. We all dont swallow anything we're told.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2007, 06:48:21 PM »
Where that is true or not(Which it isnt) the legal mormon church does not practice polygamy

Who decides what is legal?

Depending on what the women looked like.. one might choose the polygamy sect. Not that being cute is grounds for picking a wife but the last thing a guy needs are a couple of busted women milling about the house. :)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2007, 12:02:46 AM »
I'm thinking of taking some of my boys down to Eldorado to check out the FLDS compound there . . .  FLDS can be my new hobby.

Google "YFZ ranch" for a window into a lesser-known aspect of American Dreamzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2007, 06:57:39 AM »
Since it went off-topic, the last section of this thread has been moved to the Religion Board.  You can find it here: 

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=160997.msg2255612#msg2255612

Carry on  :)
R