Author Topic: If top tier guys are making..  (Read 4135 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Re: If top tier guys are making..
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2007, 09:54:18 PM »
Drug dealers make a lot, that I know..

I know some guys and the money the pull is amazing. Of course they are dealing coke and dope and not hormones.

Hormones would be safer, as the people needing the shit would not rat as much.

Same here.  I know multiple guys who snort all there profits - in the hundreds a day.  PATHETIC.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2007, 09:58:25 PM »
Why did you shortern your post?  ;)

And I reside in the United States.

I wouldn't be jumping to insults regarding ethnicity. Aren't you some mut hybrid of 5 different ethnic backgrounds?

It's not about how much money you make. It's about making intelligent decisions in life. These bodybuilders use massive amounts of drugs and lie about fantasy lifestyles.

My point is that the avaerage joe shouldn't buy into any of this garbage. The reality of the competitive scene is something that's kept under wraps because they don't want people to find out how full of shit they really are.

Actually, I'm a mix of all races which means more than 5 ethnic backgrounds ;)

As to your other opinion, let me tell you a little story. A few years ago, in the Olympics there was this journalist who went and asked about 80 or so different athletes from different sports the following question - "If I showed you a technique that would vault you to the top of your sport, but would kill you within a year from now, would you take it?"

Over 80% of them said Yes!

That's why others look up to them - cause they do what they have to do to get to where they want to be. They have a dream / passion and they have the balls to chase it. I'm not saying all bodybuilders are great - far from it ;D, although in general I've observed that bodybuilders are very intelligent people in one way 8)

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2007, 10:25:25 PM »
The DVD amount is very off, for as most people burn those things off the internet or just burn a copy off their friends and pass it along at the gym...

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHA, RON.....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2007, 10:26:45 PM »

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2007, 11:34:06 PM »
You guys are forgetting DA, who makes over 150,000 and owns homes in New York and Florida...

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2007, 06:45:32 AM »

That's why others look up to them - cause they do what they have to do to get to where they want to be. They have a dream / passion and they have the balls to chase it. I'm not saying all bodybuilders are great - far from it ;D, although in general I've observed that bodybuilders are very intelligent people in one way 8)

Fair enough.

donthate1

• Getbig II
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2007, 07:17:36 AM »
If top tier bodybuilders like Ronnie, Jay and a few others are making around 150 k a year. What do 2nd and 3rd tiers make?

What about the NPC guys? What's the point taking massive amounts of drugs and living a shitty life when you struggle to break even?

Wouldn't they be better off spending their drug money on an education? And if they're not the academic type, then why couldn't they just have picked a trade like plumbing or carpentry?

Something tells me competitive bodybuilders aren't really all that smart.  :-\
What an idiotic statement.....150K...hah ahaha!  Ronnie and Jay are pulling more like 1-2M a year!  The 2nd-3rd probably make 100k-300K.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2007, 07:35:29 AM »

150K a year???

Ronnie and Jay both make upwards of 1M/ year...not sure where you're getting your info from...but you're waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off...

I think you're both off.  For $1M to be true, the supplement and magazine contracts would have to be $300-$400k each.  That's not realistic at all.  At MOST I could see the weider and Muscletech contracts being $150-$200k each.  Add in $150k prize money and $100k misc (guest posings, merchandise, mnor contracts, etc) and you're around $500k, maybe $600k.  (For the few years they hold the Mr. O title... then $0)
Ron: "I am lazy."

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2007, 10:24:21 AM »
Sure...heres a hypo of a top IFBB superstar:

Contract(s): $600K
Prize money: $150K+
Guest posings: 15 @ 5K ea.: $75K
DVD/ Merch sales: $50K
Other endorsements: $50K

Total: $925K

Not including any other business ventures, investments etc.....

So how much is gear, Gh, & Slin setting them back?

Also.....

I don't see G4P on that list of income?

How about internet membership sales to the "members only section"?

Come & Check out Getbig's Pet Board
News, Nutrition/Healthcare, & Gossip
A place to talk about pets & animals

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?board=59.0

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2007, 11:54:08 AM »
If top tier bodybuilders like Ronnie, Jay and a few others are making around 150 k a year. What do 2nd and 3rd tiers make?

What about the NPC guys? What's the point taking massive amounts of drugs and living a shitty life when you struggle to break even?

Wouldn't they be better off spending their drug money on an education? And if they're not the academic type, then why couldn't they just have picked a trade like plumbing or carpentry?

Something tells me competitive bodybuilders aren't really all that smart.  :-\
Thats what you think. Jay Cutler alone makes 300,000 per year with muscletech alone. Not to mention other sponsers, clothing, guest posing, plus the contest cash, etc.

PB

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2007, 02:09:48 PM »
I think you're both off.  For $1M to be true, the supplement and magazine contracts would have to be $300-$400k each.  That's not realistic at all.  At MOST I could see the weider and Muscletech contracts being $150-$200k each.  Add in $150k prize money and $100k misc (guest posings, merchandise, mnor contracts, etc) and you're around $500k, maybe $600k.  (For the few years they hold the Mr. O title... then $0)

You can think whatever you want...I know for FACT what these contracts are worth. My numbers are solid.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2007, 02:18:32 PM »
You can think whatever you want...I know for FACT what these contracts are worth. My numbers are solid.

Where do some of these folks think that all thse millions come from??? Now if pro BB had a TV contract like baseball the NBA or NFL , it might be possible. I know that top , marketable guys like Jay seem to do pretty well, but I know more than a couple  pros still working as personal trainers. Makes me sad.

Hey Bob, any works or word or anything about any cable network picking up any BB show?
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2007, 03:06:26 PM »
My Expertise tells me that the following figures are good estimates for BODYBUILDING-DERIVED INCOME (excluding personal training)

Elite Echelon Guys = Big Contest + Supp Contract + Mag Contract + DVDs + Appearances = 500K+
Ronnie
Jay
Gunter (has a substantial Weider contract)

Top Tier Brand Names = Medium Contest + Supp contract + Mag contract + DVDs + appearances = 150-300K
Dexter
Branch
Martinez
Lee
Cormier
Heath

Second Tier Risers/Fallers Small contest + small magazine + small supplement + small DVD + few appearances = 50-150K
Samuel
Wolf
Freeman
Ruhl
Rockel
Kamali
Charles

Third Tier Strugglers Zero contest + no magazine + small supplement + no DVD + no appearances = 10-50K
Farah
Harris
Haley

Fourth Tier Gov'ment Cheese 0-10K Zero Contest + no magazine + no supplement + no DVD + no appearances
Wood
Amsterdam
English
and
Everyone else who's never placed in the money, been on a supp label or a magazine cover.

BigNationRadio.com

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2007, 03:11:09 PM »

Bodybuilding is something I enjoy and love but I'd never be competitive. First, it's pointless. Second, the money in return for so much work is minimal.

Well said CJ.  :D

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2007, 03:13:39 PM »
My Expertise tells me that the following figures are good estimates for BODYBUILDING-DERIVED INCOME (excluding personal training)

Elite Echelon Guys = Big Contest + Supp Contract + Mag Contract + DVDs + Appearances = 500K+
Ronnie
Jay
Gunter (has a substantial Weider contract)

Top Tier Brand Names = Medium Contest + Supp contract + Mag contract + DVDs + appearances = 150-300K
Dexter
Branch
Martinez
Lee
Cormier
Heath

Second Tier Risers/Fallers Small contest + small magazine + small supplement + small DVD + few appearances = 50-150K
Samuel
Wolf
Freeman
Ruhl
Rockel
Kamali
Charles

Third Tier Strugglers Zero contest + no magazine + small supplement + no DVD + no appearances = 10-50K
Farah
Harris
Haley

Fourth Tier Gov'ment Cheese 0-10K Zero Contest + no magazine + no supplement + no DVD + no appearances
Wood
Amsterdam
English
and
Everyone else who's never placed in the money, been on a supp label or a magazine cover.

Where would you put Chick on that list?

Seriously...I like Bob...but he's a third tier bodybuilder by competition & probably 2 tier by reputation & the $$$ he makes.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2007, 03:15:12 PM »
the guys probably make more money from MuscleTech than from a Weider contract...don't forget MD also kicks in money for "writers"
X

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2007, 03:21:31 PM »
Sure...heres a hypo of a top IFBB superstar:

Contract(s): $600K
Prize money: $150K+
Guest posings: 15 @ 5K ea.: $75K
DVD/ Merch sales: $50K
Other endorsements: $50K

Total: $925K

Not including any other business ventures, investments etc.....

I bet Coleman would be the only one and very lucky if he made that in DVD sales.  Now I see it includes merchindise so maybe.  Unless he produced and paid out of his own pocket the DVD production he is barely making a $1 a DVD if that.  But, I would say that is a good number for Jay & Ronnie.  Anyyone else is at least $200,000 below that and 99% of the pro is $925,000 below that

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2007, 03:25:19 PM »
I bet Coleman would be the only one and very lucky if he made that in DVD sales.  Now I see it includes merchindise so maybe.  Unless he produced and paid out of his own pocket the DVD production he is barely making a $1 a DVD if that.  But, I would say that is a good number for Jay & Ronnie.  Anyyone else is at least $200,000 below that and 99% of the pro is $925,000 below that

I would bet Ruhl makes that much in DVD sales.

I don't know who would know this information....but I bet he's one of the top grossing in sales.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2007, 03:25:54 PM »

then they lease a bentley and buy over priced home furnishings.