Author Topic: THE TYPICAL GOLD'S GYM "SALEsMAN" NOWADAYS......................  (Read 5414 times)

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
Re: THE TYPICAL GOLD'S GYM "SALEsMAN" NOWADAYS......................
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2007, 09:52:31 PM »
Thats because they  are mostly young guys or former athletes/bbers. Ofcourse a group of people are going to look like each other thats like saying Lee, you look just like the other bbers, so much muscle and so ripped. ::) pltthh what a clone!

BUT NOT ALL BODYBUUILDERS LOOK ALIKE..WHERE AS THEY DO DOWN TO THE CLOTHES AND COLOR......

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2007, 09:57:50 PM »
BUT NOT ALL BODYBUUILDERS LOOK ALIKE..WHERE AS THEY DO DOWN TO THE CLOTHES AND COLOR......

Yes, I'd like to see one of the little guys with a tribal tattoo on his face! hahahaha  Only certain people can pull this off. 

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2007, 10:00:43 PM »
they dont? when you do a photoshoot for flex or md you are not in ripped shorts and an open sleevelss plaid shirt with a beenie that says house of pain or some shit on it? They are at work! You dont see them on the street. They dress different out and about that is their work place.
The Guido clones with the spiked out over gelled hair are completely different from bodybuilders dude.  The douchebags dress even lamer than in their work outfit.  If anything, they should wear their work clothes everywhere else.  Someone should tell them that bodybuilders use the fake tan 1-2 times a year, not year-round.
Squishy face retard

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2007, 10:01:50 PM »
The guys at golds sound like guys at LA Fitness too. I was a GM there for a year and a half! Yikes! I hated the staff, the higher you got up in management the worse the character of the person gets.

I have to show some sympathy for the sales guys though what most people dont know is they get chewed out on very minor details on a regular basis. They work 10-12 hr days and only get paid like 12-1400 dollars, sometimes not even that. At LA Fitness you wouldnt get benefits until you became a manager, they would assign you tasks that took way longer than 8 hrs in a day but they dont pay you overtime so you end up staying to get the job done because you want to be a good employee.

Most of these sales guys are young, good looking and hardworking, thats why they work there. The gym chains find young guys who workout hard that will bust their ass and look good to the average gym member so they can use them to make their dough.

If you notice every 2 to 3 months there will be a complete change of staff. Thats because most of these guys are being moved around because people are quitting or getting fired for a history of blatant shady work. Either that or they are ex-convicts that are too lazy to work ( LA Fitness never did background checks on anyone, they hire you right there at the front desk!)

Everything those sales guys say to you at the gym is scripted. All of it- and they are pretty much taught word for word to say it- they get grilled on a regular basis to do it that exact way. When you are young and you are being managed by a 40 or 50 year old district manager it is very easy to be influenced- most of the top guys are sales sharks or just shady characters in general and they fuckin drill that info in your head over and over it becomes your lfie! The proof is in the pudding, those skinny sales guys use to be in good shape! Why do you think they work at a gym? They want to make money and workout but what happens is they never get to workout because some #### is grilling them for gym memberships otherwise they will lose their check!

These young sales guys do it because management will promise, and promise and promise and promise a promotion. Always motivating you to be making over 100k very soon with the title of VP. Logic will tell you will hey I moved up real quick that must be around the corner! But it doesnt happen, most people just get used.

So the hair gel, the slacks and polo shirt, skinny ass arms.... tattoos- they are pretty much molded into all that. They have to weir their uniform, they get out of shape because they are worked like slaves to produce sales and the tattoos is for their image because they arent in shape any more so they get a tat for some sort of enjoyment! They say damn im a fat fuck I gotta do something with my body!

These guys really arent dorky assholes, they are just misguided and pressured thats all.

Good post bro!
It's so weird when I walk into different gyms and ask sales reps about membership, I can hear in their voice they are trying hard to make the sell, yet sometimes the younger ones go through the motions of the script, and can't relax.