Author Topic: 66-inch vertical leap in the gym  (Read 9442 times)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Re: 66-inch vertical leap in the gym
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 04:11:16 PM »
All drugs..

spinnis

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 04:31:53 PM »

higher then himself.
whop whop

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 04:45:19 PM »

higher then himself.
whop whop

guess Flea retired from music.
Deep Tissue Massage

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
w

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 06:11:52 PM »
Not overly impressed.

The bar was only 5'6" high. I can clear that (yes, serious) and I know a couple other guys who could as well.

EDIT: That hurdles guy was VERY IMPRESSIVE. THAT takes some fucking skill.
It's Hip to be Square!

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 07:02:48 PM »
Not overly impressed.

The bar was only 5'6" high. I can clear that (yes, serious) and I know a couple other guys who could as well.

Lol, then you are not impressed by yourself?  Let's see a video of you doing it.  You may be able to, but I have my doubts.
w

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 07:56:56 PM »
Not overly impressed.

Hurdles were extremely impressive but so was the first guy. 

Don't make claims you can't back up.  Post a video/pic of you doing it (or the couple of other guys you know as well).

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 08:10:32 PM »
Thats not a vert dummie-  Vert is how many inches you can jump up, not how high your ass can get

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 09:36:17 PM »
Thats not a vert dummie-  Vert is how many inches you can jump up, not how high your ass can get

;D Agreed.
a

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 10:25:02 PM »
bullshit - you can not so that jump.  That guy looks to be 7 foot tall and a great athletic shape.
Addicted to the Steal

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 11:28:33 PM »
Lol, then you are not impressed by yourself?  Let's see a video of you doing it.  You may be able to, but I have my doubts.

Just watched it again and yeah, i'm impressed. The crazy part of that video is that it's not a high jump bar, it's attached...if he misses he wrecks his face  :o

I just put a tape measure to 66" and it's a little intimidating  :P. I could probably jump onto something that height, but not clear it running like that guy did. I still stand by my statement that I've known guys who could clear that. A couple guys I used to play basketball with could fucking fly.

Maybe i'll give it a shot with some string or a rope or something that won't fuck me up if I fail.  ;D

edit: the hurdler is still more impressive. And yeah the black guy looks athletic but i'd say he's like 6'2", not 7' tall.
It's Hip to be Square!

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 11:43:19 PM »
A good vertical is having good hams, abs, quick feet, and calf strength. I say having good hams is the most important. I have been doing jump squats for many years and they help. Shuttle run is also good. Box Jumps and weighted jump rope is good too. I use the low boxes to work on quick feet. Wall squats feel like hell but helps a lot. I usually do 2 leg workouts a week. At the end of my second leg workout I do these in my routine

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 04:27:52 AM »
NOT A 66" VERTICAL....NOONE HAS ANYTHING CLOSE...AS SOMEONE SAID IT ABOVE...I CAN DO THAT TOO AND I'M ONLY 5'11" ..I CAN CLEAR UP TO MY SHOULDER...NOT AN IMPRESIVE FEAT..

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 04:29:43 AM »
HOLM HOWEVER IS THE REAL DEAL...HOLY FUCK....

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 04:37:40 AM »
Just watched it again and yeah, i'm impressed. The crazy part of that video is that it's not a high jump bar, it's attached...if he misses he wrecks his face  :o

I just put a tape measure to 66" and it's a little intimidating  :P. I could probably jump onto something that height, but not clear it running like that guy did. I still stand by my statement that I've known guys who could clear that. A couple guys I used to play basketball with could fucking fly.

Maybe i'll give it a shot with some string or a rope or something that won't fuck me up if I fail.  ;D

edit: the hurdler is still more impressive. And yeah the black guy looks athletic but i'd say he's like 6'2", not 7' tall.

I would hope that the "hurdler" is more impressive.  8)

It's the best high jumper in world for last 5 years - Stefan Holm.

Currently ranked in #2 spot:

http://www.iaaf.org/asp/worldRankings/content/mhj.html

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

spinnis

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 06:06:07 AM »
I would hope that the "hurdler" is more impressive.  8)

It's the best high jumper in world for last 5 years - Stefan Holm.

Currently ranked in #2 spot:

http://www.iaaf.org/asp/worldRankings/content/mhj.html

-Hedge

Yeah and he won the olympic gold medal 2004 also ;D

and hes from sweden! whop whop

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 08:54:20 AM »
I'm starting to think Livewire has some sort of affiliation with getanabolics.com.

BigPopa

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 09:38:07 AM »
I will give it to you, that was impressive only because my big ass can not do it.  I do have it beat though, I saw a guy at the XFL combine in 2000 at Northern Texas U. in Denton do 14 feet 2 inches.  They made us stand flat footed, no one step nothing, and jump straight the fuck up.  This mother was a wide rec. and was like 6-3.  This is the measurement that has the pegs where your hands touch, so it is a real vertical leap.  It was probably in the top five of the most athletic things I have ever witnessed.  Besides that he made the rest of us in the group look bad, stupid guy....

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 09:50:17 AM »
I will give it to you, that was impressive only because my big ass can not do it.  I do have it beat though, I saw a guy at the XFL combine in 2000 at Northern Texas U. in Denton do 14 feet 2 inches.  They made us stand flat footed, no one step nothing, and jump straight the fuck up.  This mother was a wide rec. and was like 6-3.  This is the measurement that has the pegs where your hands touch, so it is a real vertical leap.  It was probably in the top five of the most athletic things I have ever witnessed.  Besides that he made the rest of us in the group look bad, stupid ####....

Its nice to see that someone here knows what a vertical test really looks like, however 14' 2" sounds a little bit high!  Lets say at 6'3" he could reach up to 9 ft, that would mean his vertical jump would be 62".  NO WAY.  The best jump at the NBA combine this year was 39.5", I doubt he beat that by 22.5"

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 09:50:35 AM »
NOT A 66" VERTICAL....NOONE HAS ANYTHING CLOSE...AS SOMEONE SAID IT ABOVE...I CAN DO THAT TOO AND I'M ONLY 5'11" ..I CAN CLEAR UP TO MY SHOULDER...NOT AN IMPRESIVE FEAT..

This was NOT anything close to a true standing vertical jump. That would be when you stand and with one leg staying put you jump and reach as high as you can. Having said that, the first guy that just hurdled it is pretty impressive. I wonder what his 40 yd dash time is?
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

spinnis

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 10:38:18 AM »
This was NOT anything close to a true standing vertical jump. That would be when you stand and with one leg staying put you jump and reach as high as you can. Having said that, the first guy that just hurdled it is pretty impressive. I wonder what his 40 yd dash time is?

did you mean the stefan holm? I doubt hes reallt super fast :p

BigPopa

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 10:42:54 AM »
Wis, If I had not seen it with my own two eyes, I would call bullshit as well, soI don't blame you.  I will tell you what though, it is pretty easy to solve.  I don't have the time or patience but look up Steve Austin's, not the fucking wrestler, email address and ask him.  This shit is all public record.  He is the one that runs all the NFL walk on combines and he did that year for the XFL as well, he will have record of all of it.  Just tell him in the email that it was at N. Texas U. for the XFL.  BTW, I was only guessing at the guys height so I have no idea what his stretched out reach was.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 12:24:43 PM »
Well, the best vertical jump for this years NFL combine was 41 1/2 inches according to their website.  I seriosly doubt someone beat that by 20 inches.

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007, 09:09:05 PM »
Well, the best vertical jump for this years NFL combine was 41 1/2 inches according to their website.  I seriosly doubt someone beat that by 20 inches.

those are STANDING vertical measures.  This kid got a running start.
Addicted to the Steal