Author Topic: For Body88...Julio Lugo  (Read 4465 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: For Body88...Julio Lugo
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 07:27:53 AM »
Not many. I have many "Yankee fan" friends. Fairweather is a term that can be applied to a lot of Yankees fans. Sox fans have gone through decades of excruciating bad luck. Half the Yankee fan base jumped off the empire last month due to what was going on. I have never counted the Yankees out. The sox are going through a bad stretch. As bad as it has been, they are still 8 games ahead.

Well I'm not fairweather.my grandparents are Italian from Bayonne,NJ.
They saw Joe D. play at the old stadium and they were at the stadium when
Lou Gehrig gave his famous farewell speach :o
the tradition has been passed on ;D ;D ;D

body88

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 07:29:33 AM »
I'M a yankee fan ,but why over 3 yrs u had 3 great ss renteria.gonzalez,and the 3rd could have been ramirez but u got beckett and lowell for the deal.lugo a great glove weak bat.it's nice to have jeter 10yrs  :D

Lugo has a sub par glove imo. He was brought in for his offense, and so far has been a huge bust. He has a lot of rbi's, but thats about it.

This type of shit puzzles me. Lugo has good career numbers, Same with Renteria. Some guys cannot play under the big pressure markets of New York and Boston. I fear Lugo is one of those guys.

Gonzo was the best defensive ss to ever play for the sox. He was one of the best ss I have ever seen. However, his offense left a lot to be desired. While gonzo saved a lot of runs with his d, his offense did not offset his lack of production at the plate. Soooo the sox went out and got lugo. His numbers and previous success against us would make him be the logical choice. Ob it has not worked out. Christ gonzo 's numbers would have been fine in this lineup. Oh well, hindsight is always 20 / 20.

body88

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2007, 07:32:21 AM »

Well I'm not fairweather.my grandparents are Italian from Bayonne,NJ.
They saw Joe D. play at the old stadium and they were at the stadium when
Lou Gehrig gave his famous farewell speach :o
the tradition has been passed on ;D ;D ;D

I was not talking about you. Sorry if my post made it seem that way. I am speaking of the "other" Yankee fans. Hardcore Yankee fans are the same as hard core sox fans. They are baseball. The passion and loyalty both show there teams is second to none.

The yankees have great tradition. They also have a great fan base. I am talking about the transplant types that toss on a yankee cap when they move into the city.

Same stuff goes on with the pats. You win all the time, everyone is a fan!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2007, 07:42:35 AM »
I was not talking about you. Sorry if my post mad it seem that way. I am speaking of the "other" Yankee fans. Hardcore Yankee fans are the same as hard core sox fans. They are baseball. The passion and loyalty both show there teams is second to none.

The yankees have great tradition. They also have a great fan base. I am talking about the transplant types that toss on a yankee cap when they move into the city.

Same stuff goes on with the pats. You win all the time, everyone is a fan!

Haha,you talk smack to me if you wanted, I know your just having fun ;D
It's people like you and me who make the rivalry fun.
I hate the idiots on both sides who end up in fist fights at the games >:(
I've been to both Fenway and Yankee stadium for the games and as you know
some people just take things to far.

body88

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2007, 11:50:09 AM »
Julio Lugo is a blatent bust. Cant handle the big stage. Another one bites the dust.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2007, 12:15:02 PM »
Julio Lugo is a blatent bust. Cant handle the big stage. Another one bites the dust.

Agreed.

You think we might go after Torri Hunter this offseason? I think we made a mistake not aggressively pursuing Sizemore before he was signed in Cleveland, and obviously Crisp is a bust as well.

body88

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2007, 01:29:09 PM »
Agreed.

You think we might go after Torri Hunter this offseason? I think we made a mistake not aggressively pursuing Sizemore before he was signed in Cleveland, and obviously Crisp is a bust as well.

Hard to say. Jacoby Ellsbery is the future imo. He should be ready to come up by the end of the year.  At least coco is a defensive beast. Lugo pretty much sucks all around right now.

Ellsbury is a special player, I think he will be a star player for a long time out there.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2007, 02:52:41 PM »
Julio Lugo has never been anything but a league average player at best.  Only once in his career did he post an OPS+ greater that 100 and it was only 105.  Prior to that, his stats show him to be just below replacement level.  When countng his second half split from last year combined with this one, there's almost a full year of total suckitude from him.

It's a bad move by Epstein, and surprising since he's usually a better evaluator of talent.   The blew it by not signing Cabrerra, and it's been a train wreck ever since.

The sox will most likely need another pitcher outside of Lester to keep up their current pace.  It will be interesting to see what pieces of the farm they'll be willing to part with to accomplish this.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2007, 06:55:19 PM »
Lugo has a sub par glove imo. He was brought in for his offense, and so far has been a huge bust. He has a lot of rbi's, but thats about it.

This type of shit puzzles me. Lugo has good career numbers, Same with Renteria. Some guys cannot play under the big pressure markets of New York and Boston. I fear Lugo is one of those guys.

Gonzo was the best defensive ss to ever play for the sox. He was one of the best ss I have ever seen. However, his offense left a lot to be desired. While gonzo saved a lot of runs with his d, his offense did not offset his lack of production at the plate. Soooo the sox went out and got lugo. His numbers and previous success against us would make him be the logical choice. Ob it has not worked out. Christ gonzo 's numbers would have been fine in this lineup. Oh well, hindsight is always 20 / 20.

ur right after i posted i thought of lugos bat,he did put up some decent numbers at the trop,i think a 100 rbi season once,he has been bad,coco crisp is horrible,and willy mo never lived up to hype,was a yankee farmhand years ago.....

body88

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2007, 05:51:46 AM »
Julio Lugo has never been anything but a league average player at best.  Only once in his career did he post an OPS+ greater that 100 and it was only 105.  Prior to that, his stats show him to be just below replacement level.  When countng his second half split from last year combined with this one, there's almost a full year of total suckitude from him.

It's a bad move by Epstein, and surprising since he's usually a better evaluator of talent.   The blew it by not signing Cabrerra, and it's been a train wreck ever since.

The sox will most likely need another pitcher outside of Lester to keep up their current pace.  It will be interesting to see what pieces of the farm they'll be willing to part with to accomplish this.

Clay / Jacoby = off limits imo. Im not so sure about Bowden.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2007, 06:32:45 AM »
AS  a yank fan i enjoy schilling imploding he is a horse's ass,beckett is tough,lester is gonna be good,but their good overall ,but like the yanks will make a move after all star break for long haul.still 9 game lead.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2007, 08:19:07 AM »
Sox are still too far ahead to even warrant attention.  Yanks just have to keep winning series - 2 out of 3 and they should be fine for the WC. 
Y

body88

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2007, 10:26:37 AM »
Sox are still too far ahead to even warrant attention.  Yanks just have to keep winning series - 2 out of 3 and they should be fine for the WC. 

I agree. I refused to count them out at there lowest point, I am not going to start now.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2007, 10:37:21 AM »
AS  a yank fan i enjoy schilling imploding he is a horse's ass,beckett is tough,lester is gonna be good,but their good overall ,but like the yanks will make a move after all star break for long haul.still 9 game lead.

Schil might be an ass, yes...but he gives 100% everytime out. He'll always be a bulldog in my eyes.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2007, 12:56:04 PM »

Clay / Jacoby = off limits imo. Im not so sure about Bowden.

I expect Jacoby to start in CF next year, so I agree.  They may just view Lester as the only addition they'll need, similar to what the Yankees thought last year when the "acquired" Matsui and Sheffield from injury.

Youkils is playing too well to warrant acquiring Texeria, and Lowell hasn't tanked enough to warrant moving Youklis to third to do this either.  They may just stand pat.
Y

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2007, 01:40:21 PM »
I expect Jacoby to start in CF next year, so I agree.  They may just view Lester as the only addition they'll need, similar to what the Yankees thought last year when the "acquired" Matsui and Sheffield from injury.

Youkils is playing too well to warrant acquiring Texeria, and Lowell hasn't tanked enough to warrant moving Youklis to third to do this either.  They may just stand pat.

Lowell hasn't tanked at all LOL, he's having a banner year despite the frosty white hair and old man knees. LOL.

body88

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2007, 06:10:43 AM »

Lugo had a .330 career batting avg at fenway up until this year. Lugo always found a way to burn the sox when they faced him. Obv his .330 avg at Fenway has not translated into more production tacked on to his .277 career avg in the al east since he came to Boston full time.

Lugo is a blatant bust at this point. Epstein was talking about a adjustment period and sticking with him. Although that could be the case ( since he was hitting 330 at fenway over his career) I think Lugo is another guy who cant hack it on the big stage.

Theo has mad a few bad moves. For the most part he has been great. I would gladly give up Ramirez for Beckett and Lowell at this point. Lowell was an all star this year and Josh has developed into the dominant ace he has always had the stuff to be. The sox have three rookie of the year candidates on the team this year. Dustin is the rookie of the year at this point imo. atthe start of the season when all of red sox nation was screaming for him to go , Theo stuck with him and now look at him. Okajima was an absolute steal and also should be considered for rookie of the year at this point. Finally there is Dmat. Dice K was not exactly a secret commodity so I wont get into that.