Author Topic: R.I.P.  (Read 317633 times)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: R.I.P.
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2007, 11:40:37 AM »
Thanks RIP and everyone, this helps alot to write this down, I can't show my kids my pain just yet they are not taking it well and they need me to be strong but this is the only place I could let this out.

So thanks for letting me express.
We all can sympathize with you HM and I am sure I speak for us all when I say we're here for you.
:D Weee

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2007, 03:53:32 PM »
Damn HM, again I'm so sorry.   She's having herself a good time wherever is after this world, and I'm sure she is thankful for the time she had with you and your family and the love you showed her.

Try to focus on the good memories and go easy on yourself. 

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2007, 04:11:42 PM »
so sorry for all the losses. You all are very sweet people, and I am sure the dogs and cats all had incredible lives thanks to all of you. Can you imagine, without your help those pets would of never had ther special life they did while with you. Group Hug! :)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2007, 04:29:03 AM »
Thanks RIP and everyone, this helps alot to write this down, I can't show my kids my pain just yet they are not taking it well and they need me to be strong but this is the only place I could let this out.

So thanks for letting me express.

HM,
I'm not a parent, so I may not know what the hell I'm talking about, but...

depending on their ages, you may not want to hide your feelings from your kids.  Let them know how sad this makes you and let them know you feel guilty and responsible, because as a daddy, you're supposed to take care of everything and then something bad happened.  You might be surprised.  They may turn out to be the best support through this difficult time.  This is no doubt going to be one of those pivotal defining moments in their lives and they learn what it means to be a good human being and  a good man, who is strong and sensitive, who isn't perfect..... blah blah blah
sorry :-\ I'm babbling
:

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2007, 09:33:59 AM »

HM,
I'm not a parent, so I may not know what the hell I'm talking about, but...

depending on their ages, you may not want to hide your feelings from your kids.  Let them know how sad this makes you and let them know you feel guilty and responsible, because as a daddy, you're supposed to take care of everything and then something bad happened.  You might be surprised.  They may turn out to be the best support through this difficult time.  This is no doubt going to be one of those pivotal defining moments in their lives and they learn what it means to be a good human being and  a good man, who is strong and sensitive, who isn't perfect..... blah blah blah
sorry :-\ I'm babbling

Thanks and you were correct they were very supportive! They understood that it was an accident. We are looking for another dog this weekend not sure what breed though. Any suggestions? Sugar was a lap dog (she was older though) but I think they need one that is a little more active and robust.
W

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2007, 10:07:00 AM »
Thanks and you were correct they were very supportive! They understood that it was an accident. We are looking for another dog this weekend not sure what breed though. Any suggestions? Sugar was a lap dog (she was older though) but I think they need one that is a little more active and robust.

Honest to god, look at getting a pit or staffy.. Very loyal dogs and great "Whole" family dog.. Don't read into all the hype. If you raise them right your kids will have a great dog for the rest of their lives...

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2007, 10:17:59 AM »

Every has their own opinion.

Personally....the dog we have is a Rottweiler & is probably one of the best dogs I've had.  He's very loving, devoted, loves to pay, & a really great pal.

With that being said....the dog that was probably the best I've ever had was rescued from my neighbor.  The damn dog just wouldn't leave my side.

It tears me up seeing dogs at a shelter.  I would not hesitate getting one there or rescuing one from somewhere else. 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2007, 08:20:08 PM »

~flower~ posted a breed compatability link awhile back.  Maybe she knows where it is.
:

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2007, 06:35:49 AM »
Thank you all for the kind words!

Chaos, thanks for the kind words and just so you know I took our conversations as harmless banter nothing more but with that said I am also sorry to here about your loss as well I never knew! My deepest sympathies to you and yours as well!

Sugar was accidentally killed Thursday night, I backed over her while I was turning my van around in the driveway to load up for our Labor day camping trip. I was negligent in that I left the back door to the garage from the house open; the garage doors were also open. Sugar was in the house sleeping in her crate which was open as well (I usually don't close her crate until we all turn in for the night). Normally when its that late in the evening she would retire to her crate and stay there, falling asleep shortly there after but I guess with all the ruckus going on she decided to investigate. She ended up wandering out into the driveway through the wooded area in front of the house and neither my son or I knew she was out and about.  Sugar walked underneath the Van as I was backing up.

Very difficult weekend for all of us without her. I buried her in her favorite spot in the backyard.

:(

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2007, 11:10:07 AM »

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2007, 11:10:31 AM »
Honest to god, look at getting a pit or staffy.. Very loyal dogs and great "Whole" family dog.. Don't read into all the hype. If you raise them right your kids will have a great dog for the rest of their lives...

Yeah I don't buy into the neg hype, my neighbor has a pit and a rott and my kids and sugar played with them all the time I even sat for them a few weekends while they were on vacation. We had a blast with them and my little guy wrestled with them like he does with his friends lol hence the reason why I said I think we need a more robust dog this time. I will check the shelters this weekend! Thanks!
W

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2007, 05:10:59 PM »
that's a horrible story Hustle, I'm sorry  to hear it happened like that. Take care of the family and don't rush too quickly for a new dog. Let the kids get used to the idea of Sugar not being there.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2007, 05:19:36 PM »
My sympathies Hustleman

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2007, 03:00:43 PM »
that's a horrible story Hustle, I'm sorry  to hear it happened like that. Take care of the family and don't rush too quickly for a new dog. Let the kids get used to the idea of Sugar not being there.

Yeah I think you are right man, I will wait awhile!

My sympathies Hustleman

Thanks CQ!
W

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
R.I.P. Flower!
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2007, 05:59:45 AM »
The Meerkats are mourning the lady of the Manor, FLOWER!

The Whiskers clan is without a matriarch. Flower, the leader of the central gang of meerkats and the focus of Animal Planet's documentary animal soap opera "Meerkat Manor", died during filming of the show's third season after being bitten by a cobra. She was six!

Condolences welcomed!

W

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2007, 07:19:57 AM »
I got an email from my father over the weekend....He backed the car up and accidentally ran over one of his two mini-dashunds, Tasha.  It's so awful when these accidents happen.  :'(

He has had two litter mates, Chelsea and Tasha, since they were 4 weeks old, and they are/were about 13 now.  Tasha died instantly, and now he is completely devastated, and I am just torn up about the whole thing. 
Not sure how Chelsea is going to respond, but I can imagine that she'll be lost and lonely for quite some time.  And my father is going to have a hard time dealing with the guilt, even though it certainly was an accident that could happen to anyone.

RIP Tasha.   :'(
:)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2007, 07:57:30 AM »
OMG Rip, that is so sad.  I get so nervous when I come home from work and Mike has let Rocky out.  He can reach the garage with his line (I don't wanna make it shorter because he would have no running room).  I usually pull 1/2 into the driveway, get out and make sure he is in the house before proceeding into the garage.  I know I would be devastated if I hit him.

:D Weee

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2007, 08:27:03 AM »
I got an email from my father over the weekend....He backed the car up and accidentally ran over one of his two mini-dashunds, Tasha.  It's so awful when these accidents happen.  :'(

He has had two litter mates, Chelsea and Tasha, since they were 4 weeks old, and they are/were about 13 now.  Tasha died instantly, and now he is completely devastated, and I am just torn up about the whole thing. 
Not sure how Chelsea is going to respond, but I can imagine that she'll be lost and lonely for quite some time.  And my father is going to have a hard time dealing with the guilt, even though it certainly was an accident that could happen to anyone.

Sorry to hear that RIP I know exactly what he is going through. Poor Chelsea I feel for her; it must a hard thing losing a life long playmate, I am sure she will wonder where her buddy has gone.

R.I.P. Tasha
W

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2007, 08:34:46 AM »

RIP I am sorry to hear about the loss in your family.. Our prayers go out to yours....

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: R.I.P. Flower!
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2007, 10:27:15 AM »
The Meerkats are mourning the lady of the Manor, FLOWER!

The Whiskers clan is without a matriarch. Flower, the leader of the central gang of meerkats and the focus of Animal Planet's documentary animal soap opera "Meerkat Manor", died during filming of the show's third season after being bitten by a cobra. She was six!

Condolences welcomed!

awwww :'( :'( :'(

I've watched several of those shows, but never know if I'm seeing them "in order".  Interesting dynamics among those little guys. 

RIP little Flower  :'(
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2007, 10:31:40 AM »

He has had two litter mates, Chelsea and Tasha, since they were 4 weeks old, and they are/were about 13 now.  Tasha died instantly

:'( :'( :'(

That is so awful.  That's the 2nd story like that recently here.  :'(

The guilt must be unbearable.  I'm not sure you ever really get over something like that  :-\

My deepest sympathies to your father (and you).
:

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2007, 02:08:48 PM »
Thanks guys...yeah it's AWFUL, I can see how it could happen to anyone though, esp with smaller dogs.  It's just tragic.   :'(

My dad said Tasha liked to sleep under the car in the shade, and that he called them both out from under the car before he left.  Same thing every day....
As he was backing up, he said they were next to the car like they usually are, and then she just went under the wheel for whatever reason.

He's devastated, of course, and I am sad for him and Chelsea.  Those two dogs have been with each other since birth, and I hope that she doesn't get really depressed or something.   :-[

:)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2007, 06:08:39 PM »
Tasha died instantly, and now he is completely devastated, and I am just torn up about the whole thing. 

So sorry RIP.   :'(  I hope your dad realizes it was a tragic accident. 

Remember the good years, and I hope Chelsea will be okay.  So sorry.
  :-[

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2007, 06:58:10 AM »
 :'(

R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2007, 11:33:15 AM »
A canine bone cancer Rainbow Bridge Tribute - Kleenex Alert!!

http://rotnpep.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/jtrbintroweb103106.swf

(you might have to copy and paste it into your browser)