Author Topic: Salt Water Aquariums  (Read 4886 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Salt Water Aquariums
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2007, 03:53:40 PM »
nah, these are Maroon clowns---the most aggressive clown fish species. They killed the other two coral beauties I put in this tank with this one.  For some reason they let this one live.  The dragon goby pretty much lives on the other side of the tank away from the clowns anenome and he dives under the rock when they come close.

I had something weird like the clowns letting this one fish live happen a few years back with one of my snapping turtles.  I put several goldfish and minnows in the tank wtih the snapper (it was about a 15 lb male) as "enrichment food" who proceeded to mince all of the fish but the littlest one over the course of a week.  For some reason that turtle never ate that fish.  The fish grew to the point of it being too big for the tank with the snapping turtle--and the turtle never ate it.  I ended up turning the fish out into a friends garden pond.       It has never made sense to me why the turtle spared the life of that one fish.   

We had similar result with the pirranah we used to keep at my old roommates house. Eight of them bastards and for whatever reason they let one goldfish live once and never ate him, he was as big as the pirranah when he got rid of them. Strange shit, I tell ya :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2007, 03:22:48 PM »
Haven't posted any pics yet as 2 of my tangs have devloped early stages of ich :'( :'(

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2007, 10:47:52 PM »
A recent pic of my tank ;D

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2007, 04:10:31 AM »

nice!! but do you have a bigger pic?    :D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2007, 04:13:30 PM »
wow you got a shitload of corals, are you going to have enough room when they grow out or are you going to set up a frag tank and make some extra $$$$$$$$$$$ ??
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2007, 08:42:26 PM »
  nice!! but do you have a bigger pic?    :D

Took it with my camera phone :-\
I'll take some with my digital camera ASAP :P

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2007, 08:43:57 PM »
wow you got a shitload of corals, are you going to have enough room when they grow out or are you going to set up a frag tank and make some extra $$$$$$$$$$$ ??

Don't know yet :-\
Maybe i can re-coop some of the invested money ;D ;D