Author Topic: The God Delusion, by Richard Dawkins  (Read 6081 times)

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
Re: The God Delusion, by Richard Dawkins
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2007, 04:01:00 PM »
Jesus is dead, he isn't coming back, and none of his threats can scare me

I threatened you?

Why do you have to lie?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2007, 04:06:30 PM »
Why do you have to lie?

What? Have you now lost your marbles?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2007, 04:07:46 PM »
So, Jesus is dead, he isn't coming back and this makes it okay for you to tell lies and makes false statements about him?  Is this what becoming an atheist is doing to your moral compass?  Now being deceptive is okay?

You made a false, dishonest accusation.  Of all the people that I have debated on this board for the past year, you are the first.  Is that really necessary?  Do you have to resort to deception to make your points and to "win" a debate?

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2007, 04:10:57 PM »
You can dig up the thread in which I first brought up Luke 19:27, but the discussion about that in this thread is closed.

Yeah, we went over that. Now if you want to continue obsessing over Luke 19:27 start another thread for it, and keep this thread on topic.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2007, 04:21:26 PM »
The first of those was statements was sarcastic, as I have told you before.

The second, if I'm wrong, do forgive me. All those names blur together. I had the Midianites in mind.

As for the third, it says so right there in the Bible ;) Read it yourself.

columbusdude82,

You falsely said

If he doesn't want anyone to perish, why does his "Son" (also himself) tell his followers to kill those who deny him, in Luke 19:27?

To which I said

No.  Jesus did not tell his followers to kill those who deny him.  The one who said that was the man in the story that Jesus told.

To that you then said

Yes, loco, I did go to Catholic school, you know ;)
But to the nutjob out there who wants to use scripture to convince his "sheep" to kill, such contextual concerns won't matter much, will they.

So which is it, columbusdude82?  You keep going back and forth with your false testimonies about Jesus.

Let me tell you what Jesus really said about those who deny him.

Luke 9:53-55
but the people there did not welcome him, because he was heading for Jerusalem. When the disciples James and John saw this, they asked, "Lord, do you want us to call fire down from heaven to destroy them?" But Jesus turned and rebuked them

Luke 22:49-51
When Jesus' followers saw what was going to happen, they said, "Lord, should we strike with our swords?" And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear. But Jesus answered, "No more of this!" And he touched the man's ear and healed him.

Luke 23:33-34
When they came to the place called the Skull, there they crucified him, along with the criminals—one on his right, the other on his left. Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."

Matthew 5:44
"But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2007, 05:12:02 PM »
[Beach Bum scribbling on note pad]

"Note to self:  Do not under any circumstances make false claims on Religious Discussion Board to loco.  He is a pit bull." 

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2007, 05:14:22 PM »
Who made a false claim ???

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2007, 06:02:01 PM »
[Beach Bum scribbling on note pad]

"Note to self:  Do not under any circumstances make false claims on Religious Discussion Board to loco.  He is a pit bull." 

;D

Beach Bum,
I would not mind if columbusdude82 had made a false statement out of ignorance or from making an honest mistake, but he has been caught three times making stuff up about the Bible and about Jesus.  He is trying to make people believe that Jesus taught hate and violence, when all Jesus really did was teach love and peace.  columbusdude82  is purposely using deception to persuade anyone, believer or not, who does not know the Bible.  He is well aware that if you repeat a lie enough times, people who don't know better will actually believe it.  I'm just calling him to truth. 

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2007, 06:07:12 PM »
I told you already that some of what I say is sarcasm. Perhaps I should throw in more smileys. I don't care what people think about Jesus and his teachings, any more than Alexander the Great or Hercules.

If you ever want to continue that discussion, please follow the instructions above. :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2007, 06:47:04 PM »
;D

Beach Bum,
I would not mind if columbusdude82 had made a false statement out of ignorance or from making an honest mistake, but he has been caught three times making stuff up about the Bible and about Jesus.  He is trying to make people believe that Jesus taught hate and violence, when all Jesus really did was teach love and peace.  columbusdude82  is purposely using deception to persuade anyone, believer or not, who does not know the Bible.  He is well aware that if you repeat a lie enough times, people who don't know better will actually believe it.  I'm just calling him to truth. 

lol.  Who let the dogs out?!   :D 

I haven't read all of these threads, but columbus did misstate the content of Luke 19:27. 

nzhardgain

• Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2007, 11:03:55 PM »
I think columbusdude hates his life and is looking to lash out at anyone.Because Christians are easy targets and he feels that God has screwed him,he comes here trying to make himself feel better.Look at yourself and your life first before blaming others.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2007, 12:09:28 AM »
I think columbusdude hates his life and is looking to lash out at anyone.Because Christians are easy targets and he feels that God has screwed him,he comes here trying to make himself feel better.Look at yourself and your life first before blaming others.

Thanks for your insightful psychoanalysis, but my life is fine, thank you :)

nzhardgain

• Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2007, 02:06:38 AM »
stop lying.no need to here..........believe it or not,after all this God loves you still.Yet u have turned your back on him.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2007, 05:34:24 AM »
Thanks bro.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster loves you right back!

May He bless you with His Noodly Appendage. RAmen. 8)