Author Topic: What a line-up: '91 NPC Nationals Hvywt Class: Wheeler,Coleman,Levrone,Demayo  (Read 6510 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
See how far we've progressed. This lineup is better than every recent Pro lineup except for the Arnold and Olympia......16 years later.....
i say it's even better than the current Arnold and Olympia.

Figo

• Getbig V
See how far we've progressed. This lineup is better than every recent Pro lineup except for the Arnold and Olympia......16 years later.....

True.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.

I get what you're saying but I don't think it's progressed, I say It's regressed.  Back then the Nationals class at an amatuer show was better than a current pro lineup.  BB was at it's peak in the early 90's.  Diuretics testing changed the direction of the Modern BB.  It came about at a time when (96ish) when a few people were on the bubble of becoming mass monsters and there were some GH guts.  Once the testing was instituted and competitors (and promoters) began to realize that the same level of crispness was never going to appear onstage again it seems like BB shifted into high gear and headed down the "bigger is better" highway. 

Only a few over the past years have been able to get dry, vascular, and stay full when dieting down.  It seems like there are more mediocre competitors today.  Hell I think some are pro's because the IFBB says they need at least X amount of pro's.......

Just an early morning rant, I haven't had breakfast yet. 
\

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Keep in mind this was nearly 10 years after Matt hit the scene,he came close to beating Haney in 82,got sick in 83 when Paris won,lost to Christian in 84 and DeMey in 85 at the World Games.And has as been pointed out,he did get to do Rachel. ;D

Figo

• Getbig V
This was sort of his comeback, if I recall.